It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans scared they can't bring guns to GOP convention

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: RickyD

I just find it ironic.

During a convention where we should be celebrating our rights, they are being infringed.

You need to be armed to celebrate your rights?

Maybe the owner has weighed the risks of a bunch of right wing, paranoid fanatics and banned firearms.

Maybe.

And uh, in order to celebrate the right to bear arms, one generally needs to be armed.

hahahahahahahaha

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: DBCowboy

No...they are pretty good targets IMO. Which is why if I was involved in that areas Republican party I would probably opt out...but hell any party and any event this cycle seems ripe for violence both ways...everyone should do themselves a favor and stay away all together, plus it sends a strong message to the BS scandalous politicians and party's that we don't care about your rhetoric anymore...frankly we need to look past the usual party lines if we are ever going to become united and strong as a nation again.

Agreed.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

Or maybe that some left wing fanatics might target the venue and those right wing fanatics would lay waste...either way it would be bad right. How can so many act like the only fanatics are on the other side lmao...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I just find it ironic.

During a convention where we should be celebrating our rights, they are being infringed.

Maybe the owner has weighed the risks of a bunch of right wing, paranoid fanatics and banned firearms.

Maybe.

And uh, in order to celebrate the right to bear arms, one generally needs to be armed.

hahahahahahahaha

A celebration of a right is not the same as the act of exercising the right.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The majority of the attendees at the convention will be from other states. First, there would have to be a reciprocity agreement between the states involved for the person to legally bring a handgun with them when they leave their home state.
I would hope that there are metal detectors to make sure that people entering the convention are unarmed... I would be surprised if there are not any there.
Ohio CCW Reciprocity Map
edit on b000000312016-03-26T17:45:19-05:0005America/ChicagoSat, 26 Mar 2016 17:45:19 -0500500000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ah, another progressive display of tolerance from one side of the gun debate. The only thing missing from the op are the terms "ammosexual" and "gun-hugger". I guess in someone's view it's better to be a subject than a citizen.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I just find it ironic.

Maybe.

hahahahahahahaha

Well not necessarily, you don't see gay people buming at a gay rights march do you.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Here are the facts:
- Over 100,000 people die in the US every year from obesity.
- Spoons are completely unregulated. They will sell them to children... even fat children.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Or maybe that some left wing fanatics might target the venue and those right wing fanatics would lay waste...either way it would be bad right. How can so many act like the only fanatics are on the other side lmao...

You'd have a bunch of people with signs saying how bad the people with guns are, whilst the police have to restrain the others from shooting them. And then the police just shoot somebody because 'Murica

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Here are the facts:
- Spoons are completely unregulated. They will sell them to children... even fat children.

Its not like you can pick up a pack of kripsy kremes and kill a half a dozen school kids within the space of an hour though is it Butcher.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I just find it ironic.

Maybe.

hahahahahahahaha

Well not necessarily, you don't see gay people buming at a gay rights march do you.

But you do generally find gay people at a gay rights march, celebrating their right to be gay.
Celebrating the right to keep and bear arms does not involve shooting them at a convention, just as celebrating being gay does not involve having sex in public.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

You seem to not know very much about the topic you chose to speak about. However judging from your handle you are from the UK and of course would be bias, close minded, and obtuse about the topic...soooo yea.

ETA: Not that all folks from the UK and Europe share the mentality that it is the gun that's the problem not the user, but also the fact that acting like people on the left don't have violent people and only the right does...it shows your lack of understanding of what you speak of.
edit on 26-3-2016 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Here are the facts:

Its not like you can pick up a pack of kripsy kremes and kill a half a dozen school kids within the space of an hour though is it Butcher.

So you don't care about over 100,000 lives lost due to obesity.... many of them children.
How can you live with yourself?

Most gun owners in the US do not go down the street mowing down innocent people, or we wouldn't have many people left here.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

You seem to not know very much about the topic you chose to speak about. However judging from your handle you are from the UK and of course would be bias, close minded, and obtuse about the topic...soooo yea.

I come from the land where we still use common sense and fists mate.

Our countries are very different, I understand that. If I lived in America, I'd want a gun too.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Here are the facts:

So you don't care about over 100,000 lives lost due to obesity.... many of them children.

Most gun owners in the US do not go down the street mowing down innocent people, or we wouldn't have many people left here.

Of counrse I care butcher, but theres a big difference.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
None of the convention-goers' rights to bear arms supercedes the convention-venue-owner's rights to regulate his private property. Constitution-loving citizens should be happy. After all, how glad would YOU be to see ten thousand people with firearms crowding onto YOUR property?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Here are the facts:

Correct.
Huge difference.
Many more people killed by obesity.
But, it isn't about how many people die... it is about an emotional response to the fear of an inanimate object.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Let it out, little man...The internet is all you got

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Here are the facts:

Correct.
Huge difference.
But, it isn't about how many people die... it is about an emotional response to the fear of an inanimate object.
No one uses food to kill another person on purpose. Stupid comparison is stupid.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

Here are the facts:

Correct.
Huge difference.
No one uses food to kill another person on purpose. Stupid comparison is stupid.

So you don't give a crap about how many people are dying from preventable causes unless the cause is guns?
edit on b000000312016-03-26T18:12:53-05:0006America/ChicagoSat, 26 Mar 2016 18:12:53 -0500600000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join