It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders is sweeping it in Washington State!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

AK does not vote dem for presidents, and is predominately Rep.

But after half term gov. Palin and the Tea Bagger, give our oil income away gov. Parnel, we might be ready to change!

Fair banks has the military and their voting Sanders, maybe AK will bleed blue.

Just say no to corporate politics!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I hope to have more in my life. Mostly by way of state sponsored lottery games. Hey it's a solid plan man. 🍺🍻🍷🍹🍢 if we're having drinks let's have drinks.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

What fight? It is an all out slaughter, Sen Sanders is Kicking but in three states.

I know you're one of those that thought HRC had already won, surprise!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
CNN just called Alaska for Sanders.

#birdiesanders

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: MystikMushroom

sigh.
Okay. thanks for the info.

In the general election, by the time either candidate reaches the 270 electoral votes to with the White House, Alaska's paltry 3 electoral votes don't even matter (due to time zones). The election is already decided before people in Alaska have voted.

It's pretty sad, but Alaska has absolutely no influence at ALL when it comes to the POTUS. Our 700,000 or so residents don't matter in a general election.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

They won't matter. CA and PA and she's unreachable. 756 delegates up for grabs in those two and she's slated to win them. Of course anything is possible and I'll vote for Bernie if he beats Hillary.

But he won't...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I'm not sure California will vote Hillary. They might - but, we shall see.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
OK good for Sanders today.

Now what will the delegate count look like?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I cannot believe Sanders is beating Clinton tonight. Hopefully she can bounce back and hit back hard. This is what politics is all about!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Both Democratic candidates have strong bases here. I wouldn't be surprised if it went either way. Just wait till the Republican primary. That will be like choosing which poison to kill yourself with.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So far Sanders has won 27 delegates, while Hillary has won 5 delegates herself. What a crock. The votes must be rigged in Sanders favor. How else could Hillary lose tonight?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: schuyler

The Soviet of Washington has less than 100 delegates that will be allocated based on the caucuses.
What?
That's a silly label - the "Soviet" of Washington?
You have something against education and environmental awareness and personal liberty?

Dude, as much as I respect you as a retired librarian, I have trouble with that statement.
Sanders does not resemble "soviet" policies.

You didn't get the joke.

In the 1930's Washington State was a hot bed of Communist and union activity, especially compared to the rest of the country. The Wooblies (Industrial Workers of the World) were prominent. There were riots on the docks and the University of Washington was considered highly suspicious. During the McCarthy Hearings several of my professors were targeted by the House Committee on Un-American Activities. Some of them lost their jobs over the whole affair, though my particular professors managed to get through it. At the time the then obscure Postmaser General, said,

There are forty-seven states in the Union and the Soviet of Washington.
(See note below)

His quote became famous and it illustrates the fact that Washington State has been quite liberal for some time, which was (cough) my point, though apparently too obscure for some. That Sanders is popular in this state is no surprise to anyone who lives here and is familiar with the ultra-liberal politics of the I-5 corridor, which includes ultra-liberal Seattle.

How you got from your complete misunderstanding of my statement somehow to the "fact" that I have something against "education and environmental awareness and personal liberty" is anathema to me. It doesn't follow logically at all. I suggest you rethink it.

Note: This quote may be apocryphal. A Washington State historian, Walt Crowley (ex-editor of the counter culture mag called "The Helix" and a contemporary of mine) once gave a lecture entitled, ironically, Welcome to the Soviet of Washington, in which he claims Farley said he never uttered the phrase. But this does illustrate I'm not the only one who is aware of the phrase tied to Washington State.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

California will decide the nomination. Not just because it's one of the last states but because it has more than 500 delegates.

Bernie's going to come away tonight with close to 100 delegates. Yesterday Clinton had about 300 more pledged delegates than Sanders. Tomorrow morning that will be much less.

Washington state called for Sanders now.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

By what you're saying we have to help Hillary win California. It's either that or lose the nomination to... SANDERS!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916

Pretty much. Whoever wins California will likely take the nomination, for both parties.

Every delegate calculator I've seen shows that no one is going to clinch the nomination before California in June. It's still a long race for everyone involved.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

138. 118 from Washington and 20 from Alaska.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

This is how I'm feeling right now.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

What are you referring to? Those are total delegates+super-delegates for those two states.

These aren't winner-take-all. Hillary's going to get a few of those.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Plus 467 Super delegates to Bernie's 26. So Hillary had 1681 and Bernie had 937 that's actually a 744 delegate difference.
Hillary gained 34 today and Bern is gained 138 bringing the difference down to 640. Still a hugh lead for Hillary.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
blatant vote rigging by the sanders campaign

calling states with only 31% reporting? The Clinton campaign should file a lawsuit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join