It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better TV now ad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Not sure if anybody else has been dealing with this, but the ad for 'better TV now' occasionally pops up. When it pops up it never seems to close when I hit the close button. Instead it goes full screen and I am forced to close the browser and restart because the full screen ad has no close button.

I don't mind ads to keep the site operating, but this ad seems particularly intrusive.

Before somebody asks, no, I do not have a screen shot.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

No need for a screen shot.

As of late the ads on ATS are more catered to me. Dude I want that, Sony entertainment... it's projecting on my end what I search or have recently visited. I click. I no longer get the injury lawyer from Timbuktu..

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Here's a quick fix for that.

Accept that you are powerless to defeat these ads unless you buy the product.

Buy the product.

Fixed

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

LOL at the hypnotic cat.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Never seen it...I do know most of those kinds of ads want you to click them off...so they do the opposite. Seems like just restarting computer by crashing it is one of the only ways to get them gone. Until the next time.

But, here...never have that issue...or the ad.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You know the funny thing is...I've never seen a single ad on ATS. I don't know why and I've known perfectly well that ATS advertises. So I'm sorry, but no fix.

But can someone tell me why I'm ad-free? And before anybody asks, I don't have some special ad-blocking software.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Moonstar7

The ads have been off since the new owners took over.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Oh I'm really sorry...I didn't read the date on the threads! (Note to self - always read the date on stuff.) This isn't the first time I've embarrassed myself concerning dates...

new topics

top topics

join