It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street would choose Clinton over Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
A very interesting interview of Mr. Cohan's stance on Tumpiliion vs. Billary...

The interview discussed how Trump is not a favorite on Wall Street. ... They (according to Cohan) prefere Billary. ... after researching ATS, I found this thread about Billary and her list of Wall Street "pay checks" ....

So, it is no wonder (or is it) that the Big Bankers are pro Billary, and anti-Trump...or are they?

So, here is another take from the front lines on Trump, and of course he is eluded to as a 'circus'.... Wall Street loves Trump . .

Anyway, back on topic, from the financial standpoint, they both seem to have a bit of taint...... What say you ATS? Are we ##ed either way? Let's hear it!

Vanity Fair editor: Wall Street would choose Clinton over Trump

A new article in Vanity Fair describes a recent gathering of influential Wall Street bankers about the election. Contributing editor William D. Cohan writes the meeting’s focus was on the growing possibility that Donald Trump could be the Republican nominee. He notes the group is late to the realization. CBS News contributor Frank Luntz was a guest speaker at the event. Cohan joins “CBS This Morning” to explain why the GOP front-runner does not have Wall Street's support.

L I N K
edit on 25-3-2016 by ReadLeader because: Sp

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Can we get a transcript of the speech she made for Goldman Sachs? They paid her well for that one and its private. As private as their decision to place her in the whitehouse.
edit on 25-3-2016 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
A Hilary v. Trump ticket would take me back to a Romney v. Obama ticket.

There's going to be a lot of whining, but after its all said and done - it doesn't make a difference.

There are many here who view Trump favorably, and as being against "the establishment," and to each their own - but it amazes me that ATS has largely become a basis of support for Trump. A television and social media pariah, a reality television star, was given the tools necessary to become the person he is today, he has said himself that he is a supporter of not only Hilary but Bill, and that Hilary is a great woman.

I don't understand how when Trump flip-flops, the masses come to defend him to the teeth. I have absolutely no question about it, I do not see Donald Trump as being anything remotely to presidential, or better yet - how exactly does he represent the average American?

The GOP went from Ron Paul to Donald Trump. Is there anything else that needs to be said?

Bill Murray has announced his run - and I know who I am voting for. The American political system is a joke, might as well have a comedian at the helm.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
So Wall Street confirm they would like a Bilderberger to be President.

What a surprise!!

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Can we get a transcript of the speech she made for Goldman Sachs? They paid her well for that one and its private. As private as their decision to place her in the whitehouse.

Of course you can't because that would contradict her policy's she has been telling everyone.

link   

It seems fairly obvious. Not everything is complicated, unless one tries to make it so with 'is she' or 'is he' type comments.

If you have data or even a theory of otherwise being the case, spit it out....or let it go.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Here is the video .... purportedly. ......

Thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I thought that was obvious.

I wonder who they'd prefer if it was Trump vs. Sanders.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

One only has look at Wall Street's P.R. Dept., the MSM-including Fox- for confirmation.

I ask again, why the is he? is she? effort to confuse/question?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

I thought that was obvious.

I wonder who they'd prefer if it was Trump vs. Sanders.

I'd be willing to bet money they would prefer Trump.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Trump has been unnerving Wall Streeters with his unpredicatability and off-the-cuff remarks, but analysts say the financial community — and markets — would ultimately back a Trump run, particularly if it is against Bernie Sanders.

CNBC

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Of course, Wall Street prefers Hillary. She has already been bought and paid for, and they are eager for a return on their investment.

With Hillary, you have shadows and secrets. Trump is a brash New Yorker, but he's smart and his heart is in the right place, and once he has the job, he will work overtime to make it work.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Trump certainly does not sound smart when he talks,he actually sounds like the broken English voices of the people he wants to wall out

Hey queen,he's a wife beater as well-you cool with that?

Poor old Ivana only knows too well how he is with the opposite sex when he ripped chunks of her hair out during a heated moment

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thanks for that…

All buddy buddy… she and the "team", on a first name basis. She calls them out in the audience, pointing to them even. That familiar with the same banking group that brought us the 2008 crash, still in charge, still together. Wait till they have her in the White House.

What a an organized crime train wreck thats going to be.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Here's the link to the Cohan's Vanity Fair article the main points are the what is discussed in the video:

In this election cycle, Wall Street finds itself with a paucity of options. As much as the industry seems to abhor Trump, it dislikes Ted Cruz and his brand of holier-than-thou zealotry even more. As for John Kasich, who worked at Lehman Brothers for seven years until it filed for bankruptcy, in September 2008, the calculus is simpler: he’s just a bad bet. Nor do many on Wall Street have much fealty to Hillary Clinton. Despite accepting $675,000 from Goldman Sachs in exchange for answering some questions in 2013, candidate Clinton has responded to the surge of populism in her party by lambasting Wall Street at every turn.

Wall Street can vacillate between supporting Democrats and Republicans, but in the end it always likes to back a winner. And given the impending reality of its current political Sophie’s choice, it is now throwing its considerable support behind Clinton. Perhaps surprisingly, that makes a lot of sense. Not only is the alternative so heinous, but in my experience, most Wall Streeters are, at the rank-and-file level, actually Democrats. “Seems like we are headed for a Secretary Clinton versus Donald Trump showdown,” says Robert Wolf, the C.E.O. of 32 Advisors and a longtime confidant of Barack Obama, “but it feels like the secretary’s path seems more certain to me.” While Wolf is “not certain” how Wall Street feels about Trump, he feels confident that business leaders will end up throwing their “full support” behind Hillary Clinton. “Most will align with her policies on immigration, education, infrastructure, climate change, and the future of the Supreme Court,” he says. “I am not sure the business community has yet to figure out how to view Trump as the G.O.P. nominee since he hasn’t really shown any granularity to his policy vision and it has been more rhetoric.”

Meh.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
They'd back Hillary as she will play the game...

Trump isn't really an insider. He knows the game but doesn't necessarily want to play.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I love that one story with opinions based on anecdotes is all Trump supporters need to start making grand statements about how "it's obvious!" that nobody on Wall Street would back Trump.

The only person still in the running who isn't a part of the oligarchy or an employee/former employee/paid speaker for the oligarchy is Bernie Sanders.

Clinton and Trump are both likely viewed as "class traitors" for their anti-Wall Street rhetoric. The difference I believe is that Clinton is more of a known quantity and they're positive she'll play ball. Trump on the other hand may or may not.

Or maybe it's all a show. Trump supporters LOVE to talk smack about George Soros being behind everything they hate but how many know that in 2004, George Soros loaned Donald Trump $160 million dollars to build Trump Tower in Chicago?

Donald Trump has lined up three New York hedge funds, including money from billionaire George Soros, to invest $160 million in his Chicago skyscraper, a key piece in perhaps the largest construction financing in the city's history, according to real estate sources and public documents. Despite reports about the project's record-breaking sales, most of them from Trump himself, many Chicago real estate developers and lenders have expressed doubts about whether the 90-story tower would ever be built.

Or that in 2008 they were co-defendants in RICO complaint in 2008:

Developer Leslie Dick Worldwide Ltd., New York, filed a RICO complaint against 17 parties, including Donald Trump, financier George Soros, Fortress Investment Group and Cerberus Capital Management, over the 2003 sale of the General Motors Corp. Building in midtown Manhattan.

The suit, filed last month in the U.S. District Court in Manhattan, revolves around the 2003 sale of the GM Building by Conseco Inc. and Mr. Trump to Macklowe Properties Inc. Macklowe sold the building in May 2008 to a group led by developer Mortimer Zuckerman, Goldman Sachs Group (GS) Inc., and the governments of Qatar and Kuwait for $2.9 billion — the highest price ever paid for a U.S. office building. “Through unlawful means, including but not limited to money laundering, bankruptcy fraud and bid rigging, (some of the defendants) acquired Conseco’s prime assets, including Conseco Finance and the General Motors Building in New York City, and thereafter attempted to conceal their illicit activities,” according to a statement from the David H. Relkin law firm, which represents Leslie Dick Worldwide.

Or that they spent Christmas Eve together in 2009?

Oliver Stone holding court with billionaires Donald Trump, George Soros and Steve Schwarzman at a private party hosted by Nouriel Roubini

No no no. He's Mr. Anti-establishment.
edit on 2016-3-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Of course Wall Street would choose Hillary. She's on the payroll....quite literally.

Then again, so is Cruz. Just look up what his wife does for a living.... They aren't even TRYING to be deceptive about it, because they no longer have to.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
And to think Trump has any power to get elected against the status quo is astonishingly naive.

The wall street, neocon, industrial, military, corporate oligarchy will wipe the floor with the Donald. Votes.....

edit on 25-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join