It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get all the oil or perish

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The Middle East is a mess. Not shocking news to everyone who is alive. The only reason we are there is to take control of fossil fuel reservoirs. Also not a big suprise to anyone. Isis and all the other terrorists are simply propped up as a bad guy crutch because humans need an enemy to justify everything we do since humans have existed. Syria is a war zone because Russia supplies around 70 to 80 percent of fossil fuels to the European Union. The US and other countries want to build a pipeline from the Arabian Peninsula to the EU. Syris is really the only country they could run this pipeline through. Really. Look at a map. This all has to do with money and power on a global scale. Again, ISIS and other terrorists provide a smoke screen for what governments are really after, the Mediterranean and the Arabian oil reserves. This is what's happening in our world right now. And most people ignore it because it's hard to swallow. But at the same time, I'm glad my country is going after oil because the entire world economy runs on petroleum. Everything from automobiles to clothes. Green doesn't exist right now because every technology that exists is possible due to fossil fuels. Electric cars run on batteries that are made from oil and more exotic ingredients. How do these ingredients get into the batteries? Oil. The tires on every car are made from oil. About 7 gallons per tire. The whole world would shut down in days if we used all the oil in the ground. Important people know this and so do scientists who study this kind of thing. There is no replacement for fossil fuels. So at least my country will be one of the last still functioning as we know it for another century. It might seem terrible but America's best hope to continue as a world power is to invade the Middle East and take control of the oil reserves. So in all honesty, if you want America to be great, vote for someone who would take complete control over all parts of the world with fossil fuel reserves. All other arguments the presidential candidates are having are moot. Without oil, modern society collapses.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

Why did we spend billions to conquer Iraq just to leave it in shambles and leave all the oil behind?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

We didn't leave.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I wish the oil would simply dry up.

Honestly.

We could then work HONESTLY on different energy resources instead of this weak attempt that we're seeing now.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

We are only there performing air support for Iraq's army. Why havent we taken control of the oil infrastructure?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
There is no replacement for fossil fuels.

What if it is replaceable. What if the oil fields replenish themselves.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Oil is not of fossil origin and is inexhaustible
edit on 25-3-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

I have thought a lot about that but I believe that the resources are extinguishable. It's a big gamble to believe they are not.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Why did we spend billions to conquer Iraq just to leave it in shambles and leave all the oil behind?

Who told you we left Iraq? Ever heard of the "Green Zone"? Its the largest Industrial Embassy Complex on the planet.

US of A, Baghdad
The largest US air base in Iraq is still there, ostensibly kicking ISIS ass but really just occupying the country in case oh, US gets to bomb, bomb, bomb Iran.

Al Asad
edit on 25-3-2016 by intrptr because: spelllng

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

If the Iraqi government really had control over their oil reserves, they would be wealthy and in control of there country. This obviously isn't the case.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I wish the oil would simply dry up.

Honestly.

We could then work HONESTLY on different energy resources instead of this weak attempt that we're seeing now.

Uhh, you know we can just look at a century ago to see how our countries did things without petroleum. Back then, coal was king. Yes, the readily available, black lung causing, smog & acid rain promoting coal. And before that, wood and different natural oils like whale oil were the chief power sources. The constant attempts at harvesting these caused large amounts of deforestation and the near extinction of different large whale species.

Baleen whales were generally the main source of whale oil. The oil of baleen whales is exclusively composed of triglycerides, whereas that of toothed whales contain a lot of wax esters.[2] The bowhead whale and right whale were considered the ideal whaling targets. They are slow and docile, and they float when slain. They yield plenty of high-quality oil and whalebone[3] and, as a result, they were hunted nearly to extinction.

Whale Oil

And that excerpt doesn't even include sperm whales, which were nearly hunted to extinction as well. The point I'm making is that there's no guarantee that any country would replace petroleum with clean fuels. Coal & nuclear are still used in "developed" countries right now, so the disappearance of petroleum would only increase their use.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

"So in all honesty, if you want America to be great, vote for someone who would take complete control over all parts of the world with fossil fuel reserves"

Just no. That sounds like you want someone in that would invade Russia, Canada, Norway, etc

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Coal and nuclear both use oil to function. How would you build a nuclear plant without oil? You couldn't.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

In fifty years when the world is on it's last leg of oil reserves, yes I will say thank you America for taking control because my house will still have electric light

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I have thought a lot about that but I believe that the resources are extinguishable. It's a big gamble to believe they are not.

If it is extinguishable, why are fossil fuels found on meteors and other planets?

Last week new NASA photographs proved methane lakes exist on Saturn’s moon, Titan, showing that such hydrocarbons (or so-called ‘fossil fuels’) are seemingly plentiful in our solar system.
Russians & NASA Discredit ‘Fossil Fuel’ Theory

They also point to the presence of oil on meteors and other bodies that do not and never have supported life.

The other possibility here is the both groups are right. Oil may form through both processes. If so, then oil may not be as limited a resource as we currently surmise.
www.petroleum.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

So when the world extinguishes all the oil on the planet your plan is to simply mine the cosmos? How would those rockets even get out of the atmosphere without oil. Does liquid hydrogen make a good space craft? No but plastics do and what do you think makes plastics?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Oil makes the world go round. It is more than just gas for cars. Many people forget all the by products that are made possible with oil such as plastics, asphalt, etc.

It is complete folly and ignorance to think oil will be replaced by green energy.

Peak oil has been shown to be false. As technology develops, more sources of oil have been discovered and other ways to extract oil that previously could not be obtained.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

if you want America to be great, vote for someone who would take complete control over all parts of the world with fossil fuel reserves. All other arguments the presidential candidates are having are moot. Without oil, modern society collapses.

Advice. Join the military, get shipped off to the ME as a slave, start stealing more oil from sovereign nations in the name of freedom and don't be surprised when the Iranians drop a Russian tactical nuke on your greedy head, now that Russia has 'officially' left Syria.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Only nuclear power can end human reliance on murderous sunni tribes in the Middle East.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

So when the world extinguishes all the oil on the planet your plan is to simply mine the cosmos? How would those rockets even get out of the atmosphere without oil. Does liquid hydrogen make a good space craft? No but plastics do and what do you think makes plastics?

No, thats not what I am saying. Why would fossil fuels be on meteors and places like Saturn's moon Titan? How did it get there? Was it from plant and animal matter?

Doubt it, it seem like it also could be formed by a natural chemical process involving inorganic materials. That would mean there is a good chance we wont run out and parish that simply.
edit on 25-3-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

a reply to: snowspirit

In fifty years when the world is on it's last leg of oil reserves, yes I will say thank you America for taking control because my house will still have electric light

Not if the US has invaded half the world over oil

Maybe Russia or someone might want to make sure that light isn't coming on again...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join