It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comments about Trump from former classmate at Military School

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I am a Trump supporter and have watched several videos of him from many years ago as well as one where he testified before congress on the saving and loan scandal. Sometimes his rhetoric concerns me and I wish he would tone it down.

Below is from a former friend in Military School. Trump said it was the best thing for him. Read what this man has to say. There is more at the link

Like Donald Trump, I attended New York Military Academy ("NYMA") for high school. In fact, in our senior year, together, Donald was my captain, and I was his 1st Platoon Sergeant. I sometimes joke that I ran his first company for him, Company "A."

People don't really change much from the ages of 17 and 18, and I know this guy. I know him to be a good decent guy. We lived and breathed an Honor Code in those years. It wasn't just a rule. It was our way of life. Neither Donald, nor any other cadet who graduated with us would ever lie, cheat, or steal from a fellow cadet. These values became irreversibly intertwined in the fabric of our personalities, of who we are.

Of the 99 guys (no girls in those days) in our class, there is not one who I know who has a bad word to say about Donald Trump. Think of it. With all the jealousies which arise in high school and thereafter, with all the potential envy, not one of us has anything other than positive memories of this man. How could we? He was an "A" student, a top athlete, and as a leader, he was highly respected. We never feared him, yet we never wanted to disappoint him. He had our respect. He was never a bigot in any way, shape or form. He only hates those who hate. Of course he denounces the KKK.

This is why I feel the need to speak out at this time. I know this man. He is a lot of things, but he is not evil. He is a decent honest guy who loves this country, and who is willing to sacrifice so much of what is left of his life, because he knows that this country needs to be fixed, and that it is going to require someone who can do the job. He just doesn't see anything around him other than political hacks, so he is willing to take this huge responsibility.

I'm not saying that he is the only one who can do the job. My point is simply as to his motivation and his goodness.

I knew Donald Trump and was close to him in our senior year in high school. I just want you to know that there is nothing to fear from him. His character is as good as it gets. He is a patriot, taking on a heroic task, and being thanked by massive abuse.

If you want to see a true reflection of a man, look at his children. Need I say more?

I don't expect this to change any minds...anyone can say anything, but this is just one of many people who know/knew him as a person.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I don't really care either way, as I'm not an American who needs to vote. Can we just agree that people definitely DO change, a lot, between the ages of 17/18 and 69?

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I can tell by Mr. Trumps demeanor that he is a Decent Man . Some mistake his Confidence as Arrogance , but the Man has a Passion for getting things Done . He is a No Nonsense Person who will not Back Down from a Good Fight . The Perfect Candidate for President in these trying times we are experiencing right now in America IMO .

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
These words are simply scary...let no one be lead astray...it is a set up and no amount of honor will save the country ....pray, now.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Oh Trust me people do change including when you lose loved ones in a war zone.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If Trump is such a fantastic guy, why does he say so many awful things? Trump's present day behavior is atrocious. I'm sorry, but this does nothing to convince me.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I don't really care either way, as I'm not an American who needs to vote. Can we just agree that people definitely DO change, a lot, between the ages of 17/18 and 69?

And even 70, but the basis of who I am has not changed...my beliefs and understanding of life, however, have changed.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
These words are simply scary...let no one be lead astray...it is a set up and no amount of honor will save the country ....pray, now.

Totally understood. And I fear for him if he does win. However, if tptb allow it, he can make some small strides. And then there is the possibility that others will understand that the voters matter and need to be heard.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I stopped taking it seriously when he said teenagers don't change much from adults, especially 65 year old billionaire adults.

But hey, another pro Trump thread. So there's that.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Read what I said. But hey, we know where your heart lies and all is good.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gwynnhwyfar

" If Trump is such a fantastic guy, why does he say so many awful things? Trump's present day behavior is atrocious. "

In Politics , No Man or Topic is not up for Debate . The Man Speaks his Mind , he has a Stance on things , either you Agree with him or Not , we live in a Free Country Last Time I Checked and everyone here is Entitled to their Opinions .

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Yeah, my heart doesn't lie with Trump, an arrogant pathological liar.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My gut instincts about Trump have always aligned with what Ticklin says.
Thanks for posting this.

Trump seems like an honest man with good intentions.
If you REALLY listen to what he says, instead of just listening to the media selected soundbites, you would understand.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
How many of us can recall, in our own lives, several examples of people who turned out to be completely different than (or what you would expect them to be) who they were in high school? For better or worse.

I knew guys like Trump in high school. Some of them were successful and some of them ended up addicted to heroin in prison.

Poor propaganda fodder.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" If Trump is such a fantastic guy, why does he say so many awful things? Trump's present day behavior is atrocious. "

In Politics , No Man or Topic is not up for Debate . The Man Speaks his Mind , he has a Stance on things , either you Agree with him or Not , we live in a Free Country Last Time I Checked and everyone here is Entitled to their Opinions .

Indeed, I am entitled to my opinion. Addressing the thread topic, my opinion has not been swayed by the material quoted in the OP.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I wonder how much Trump had to pay for that. I bet it cost more than a stack of Trump steaks.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Nor should it be , that's up for you to Personally Decide . Isn't Personal Freedom Great ? Some want to Change All that , Imagine what an Opinion could do to you Then . Hmm..

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Well, he's definitely more gangsta these days, maybe life's lessons have seasoned him somewhat?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
His intense narcissism and penchant for personal grudges refutes this former friend's assessment of Donald. Trump posted a picture comparing his wife to Ted Cruz's wife. He's a total no-class asshole.... and makes ridiculous over promises like "We will win like never before" and 4th grader hopes and dreams like "and nobody will call us stupid again."

Sorry, no way. His narcissism alone would end up putting us in danger. I don't need to see his personal grudges and insults elevated to a world stage.

edit on 24-3-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

What a beautiful open mind you have. Everywhere I look. Anti Trump.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join