It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great trick for instantly awakening from Sleep Paralysis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Are you as I plagued with Sleep Paralysis? Here is a trick that I've used that works for me at least - and hopefully it will work for you too.

Never try to force yourself out of Sleep Paralysis is my experience, you just end up feeling exhausted and energy drained - the solution to awakening is doing the exact opposite; here is the complete guide:

Step #1: So, you find yourself paralized and unable to move. Block everything out in your mind of what is happening to you and relax, relax deeply, feeling heavy. If you struggle with this then try to learn some kind meditation that teaches you how to calm the mind so that you are more prepared, I personally practice a form of meditation similar to Samatha meditation on a daily basis.

Step #2: Once you are relaxed then imagine that your body is starting to magically float upwards in the air, just like you are suddenly lighter than air; don't try to force yourself to float, it should feel natural. If you got the technique right you should wake up within a couple of seconds, if it does not work the first time then keep trying and perhaps you will get it to work as I did.

Good luck and happy floating! Let ATS know how it went - others would like to know

-MM
edit on 23-3-2016 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the tip!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

You have sleep paralysis every night when you dream.
Relax, your sleeping, go with it.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I've read so much about this over the years, and really feel for you guys. Especially those of you who see/feel those scary entities.

This has happened to me once. Before I had ever even heard the term. It was during a period of exhaustion, going to bed late, getting up early, work work work. I was utterly worn out.

That morning the alarm went off at the regular time, and I reached to shut it off, and I couldn't. I couldn't move. I couldn't even open my eyes. I tried so hard. I thought "I've had a stroke, I'm paralyzed". I could hear the alarm buzzing. Then I thought, nah, I haven't had a stroke. Too young, too healthy. So I laid there trying to figure out what was wrong and it dawned on me "I'm asleep, or somewhere in between". So I thought "well then, if I can't wake up, I'll go back to sleep."

So I relaxed myself and went completely back to sleep. It was about 10 minutes later, according to what time my alarm went off, that I woke up. Everything was okay then, I shut it off and got up. It was freaky though, and as you see I've never forgotten it.

It might sound naïve, but I was wondering, would it help to give in to the sleep, and not fight it? Maybe when you wake up again it will be over?

It's never happened except that one time, but I didn't like it at all.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Yes I feel for those of you that suffer this sleep paralysis. Was just wondering if a study has been done on this problem, have they done a brain reading forgive me I can't think off the right term, you know the one where they show with different colours what's happening in the brain. Is it a form of epilepsy.? How long does it last? Maybe you could put clock on the ceiling so that if all you can do is open your eyes at least you could tell how long it lasts. I say this as when I'm dreaming the dream can sometime feel like it's hours long but I think dreams are seconds or minutes long instead. Just wondering?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Luckily, I don't experience this often. As a kid, though, it was super scary and not easy to describe to your parents. It was worse because it isn't widely known even now.

I usually panic...but that is because it happens most often for me when I wake in the middle of a nightmare.

I also notice that I am asleep on my stomach most often when I wake in this state, and I don't normally sleep in that position.

I don't remember reading if other people notice any patterns in how/when it happens to them.

I do OK now, and after the first few minutes, I end up lying there thinking "blaaaaaahhhhh, I hate this!" It is incredibly weird to be awake and unable to do anything!

The most frightening time was when I had a vivid nightmare where I was running from my gym teacher. He showed up at my house with a machete. I was able to stay ahead, but suddenly I felt him slice into my calf/lower leg. It hurt more than anything I everr felt!

It just so happened that I got my first Charley horse (leg cramp) while I was asleep, and that worked into my dream.

I woke up with sleep paralysis and excruciating leg pain...couldn't move, scream, open my eyes, nothing....just freak out mentally!

My mom has night terrors, so I wonder if they are somehow linked and possibly genetic...

Any similar experiences?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BarefootInWinter

There is a pattern to mine, too. It only happens if I've been listening intently to something when I fell asleep, and then I am woken up by a noise, ambulance, etc. I'm normally a side sleeper. Sleep paralysis only happens when I'm on my stomach. If I sleep on my back, I'll have dreams where I'm gasping for air.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
I say this as when I'm dreaming the dream can sometime feel like it's hours long but I think dreams are seconds or minutes long instead. Just wondering?

The sleep cycle stays the same length overnight. The different stages change in that cycle though. The longer you sleep, the bigger percentage is spent in the actual dream stage. So like, if you go through all the stages of each cycle every hour, the first hour may be only 10 minutes of dreaming. The second hour cycle would be 15 minutes. Etc. So, by hour 8, you can have a 45 minute long dream.

Those numbers aren't the actual minutes, just an easy example.

This is also why you are more likely to remember dreams from early morning. You "remember" dreams you were having when you woke up. You dream the longest right before you get up, so it is better odds of waking during the dream stage. You can actually set alarms to wake you up at certain intervals to remember your dreams.

I think it is still thought that you dream in real time.

It is fascinating how much we just don't know about something we spend a significant portion of our lives doing!

I had such a weird sleeping life that as a kid, I wanted to grow up and invent a way to record dreams so you could watch them later, lol.
edit on 23-3-2016 by BarefootInWinter because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

It is a terrible feeling. I have developed an awareness of when it happens that it is impermanant, and you just wait it out. The feeling when you wake up is such a relief that the experience is almost worth it.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I don't know OP. Meditation is opening up your mind to demonic influence and/or possession. Advising people to learn meditation is actually opening them up to this demonic harassment, not the other way around. smh.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
What a load of cods wallop. Prayer is another form of meditation. a reply to: LifeisGrand

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

What a load of cods wallop. Prayer is another form of meditation. a reply to: LifeisGrand

There are different definitions for the word meditation. Obviously the healthy one, where you fill your mind with thoughts and think on a subject in order to digest it and understand it is not what was being to referred to.

There is a type of meditation where a person, instead of being deep contemplation of a subject, does the exact opposite, emptying their minds of all thought, and it comes from eastern mystical false religions. That form of meditation teaches a person to clear their mind, and prepare it to be inhabited by outside spiritual influences. That is demonic in nature.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I kinda get what your trying to say but why are they false religions,? What makes your religion true and the eastern ones false. Presuming your religious otherwise you would not call another religion false.
Also do you suffer from sleep paralysis after all that's what this thread is about. Personally I don't but find the subject fasinating.a reply to: LifeisGrand

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I kinda get what your trying to say but why are they false religions,? What makes your religion true and the eastern ones false. Presuming your religious otherwise you would not call another religion false.
Also do you suffer from sleep paralysis after all that's what this thread is about. Personally I don't but find the subject fasinating.a reply to: LifeisGrand

Sorry to take so long to respond. I was responding to another thread.

Yes, I have had sleep paralysis, all throughout my childhood, thousands of times. And have had a lot of demonic encounters as well. When I was a child it would terrify me greatly, and I really wanted to understand what was going on. That is why I go into threads like this, to see other people's experiences with it.

And I respect all forms of beliefs and religions. I base my understandings on Holy Scripture. Having been satisfied it was indeed inspirited by the true God. So all forms of beliefs that conflict with Holy Scripture must be false.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Yes, I have had sleep paralysis, all throughout my childhood, thousands of times. And have had a lot of demonic encounters as well. When I was a child it would terrify me greatly, and I really wanted to understand what was going on. That is why I go into threads like this, to see other people's experiences with it.

And I respect all forms of beliefs and religions. I base my understandings on Holy Scripture. Having been satisfied it was indeed inspirited by the true God. So all forms of beliefs that conflict with Holy Scripture must be false.

So because you read the so called holy scriptures and were satisfied this makes all other religions false. .?

I'm sorry that you suffered from sleep paralysis, but what do you mean demonic encounters ? How do you know they were demonic or is that what your religion told you they were?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

So because you read the so called holy scriptures and were satisfied this makes all other religions false. .?

I'm sorry that you suffered from sleep paralysis, but what do you mean demonic encounters ? How do you know they were demonic or is that what your religion told you they were?

I could tell you hundreds of stories of encounters with demonic beings. I don't really know what would be the benefit though, as it appears you yourself have not been through the experience. It might be of more benefit to those who have experienced the same.

You see, you really can't understand a certain experience unless you have been through it before. In that way I have more experience and understand these things more than you do.

Now there is a spirit realm, it does exist. There is no shadow of a doubt. So the real thing is this, how can you trust what is being communicated to you from that source, that is, the spirit realm.

There are indeed a lot of lying spirits who are wicked and twisted. How can you just trust anyone that contacts you from the spirit realm?

They must have to have a record of being truthful, and wanting what is good for you. Jehovah, the true God, is from the spirit realm, and his record shows that he really does love us, he does not lie, and wants what is for our benefit. You can test this.

So why doubt what he says. Since he wants what is in our interest, does it not make logical sense to listen to what he says about the spirit realm? By means then of his Holy Scripture, we are shown who spirits are, and how they help us, and how they deceive us.

By trusting him, we can discern the truth from falsehood, and are not deceived.
edit on 24-3-2016 by LifeisGrand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeisGrand

To the op I'm sorry we have side tracked your thread.

LifeisGrand. ...first you say there is a spirit realm then you say the spirit realm is full of lying spirits and how can you trust anyone that contacts you from the spirit realm. Then you say Jah hove vah is from the spirit realm so how can you trust him. Surely all these other spirits must be gods and goddesses too.
You also say they must have a record and that your true God has a record......is there a recording studio in the spirit realm and can I buy it on iTunes.

I ask you about your demonic encounters as I have never had one and wanted to understand what it is like.

edit on 24-3-2016 by Cloudbuster because: Spelling duh

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I sorry to have side tracked your thread I will not continue. And I hope more people reply with sleep paralysis experiences.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
My daughter just asked me can you breath during sleep paralysis. I'm guessing you can otherwise you would not be here discussing it. No one has answered me how long an episode lasts.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Well it happen to me once that i can remember right now and i freeked out after i tried to meditate, it felt great at first then i opened my eyes and saw some naked dude with full on colorful tattoos running through hes side of body and he was looking at me with big smile, that moment i used all my energy to flip out of it and it felt like my eyes ran circles in my head i tried to get up that bad and eventually i broke free,i was full of adreanile at that moment and somewhat scared of it.
It start it when i was feeling very tired and get on my bedroom, dropped to bed and soon as my head hit the pillow i heard some weird radio channel shuffling running in my left ear and then realized i was paralized.
I could have handle that situation bit better if i did not freak out so bad, perhaps even try to communicate what he was doing there and who he was but it is not that easy to control one self in such situation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join