It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot, Yeti, And The Last Neanderthal - Post Your Questions for Professor Sykes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

a reply to: spirit_horse

I was mostly being sarcastic with my question but thanks for taking the time to reply guys.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Professor Sykes - Thanks for participating in this Q&A.

My question is about endogenous retroviruses. I read a book by Greg Bear entitled "Darwin's Radio" - perhaps you have heard of it. The story line revolves around a prehistoric endogenous retrovirus which is activated and causes evolutionary change.

My understanding is that endogenous retroviruses can be triggered, but rarely cause any change or deleterious effect.
How likely is it that an ancient retrovirus which embedded in the human/primate genome could cause evolutionary change? We know that certain genetic anomalies like oncogenes can trigger cancer and that they are inheritable.
But how likely is it that endogenous retroviruses could be triggered to cause permanent change in the organism i.e. evolutionary change?
If this turned out to be true, then the process of evolution would not only be due to stresses in the environment, but would also be an internal mechanism via the genes which "makes decisions" as to when and how evolution of a species is triggered.

Thanks again for taking our questions.

edit on 25-3-2016 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Survivorman Les Stroud: Military & Corporations Shrouding Bigfoot

Les Stroud, better known as Survivorman, has always been vocal about the Sasquatch phenomena. Mr. Stroud has been spending weeks, sometimes months, alone in the wilderness for his shows and has had several unexplained and creepy things happen to him while alone in the woods.

Recently Stroud went OFF TRACK to talk his experiences with Sasquatch and some military branch he chose not to mention.

“I will go on record and say that I’ve had elite military individuals say to me: Yeah, we know that they’re there… ”

He then goes on to paint a scenario as to why the government does not want us, the people, to find out the truth about the mysterious creature. Stroud then brings up a very interesting point: Are the global timber barons covering up the evidence of the existence of Bigfoot just so that they could mine/frack the natural resources that lay below the rich American landscape?

Think about it. If Sasquatch is proven to be real then all its habitat would be considered protective wilderness. Meaning that no corporation would then be allowed to mine the bountiful natural resources since Bigfoot would be put in a very special endangered animal list.

www.ghosttheory.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
If you had a choice between seeing one alive and no one ever believing you... or capturing one and having it undergo life long misery with tests and imprisonment, but you get world wide fame.. What would you do?

Totally agree with first option. Leave these gentle creatures alone. Obviously they want nothing to do with us.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Few questions...

1. Do sightings of dinosaurs in papa new guinea or pterodactyls in the nw us in modern times stand as likely a chance as big foot to be a species which has survived but is rarely if ever seen (taking us back to the renaissance and medieval accounts from explorers even as famous as Marco polo who returned saying dragons were alive and well though scarce in parts of the earth? Heck polo even said the dragon was 45 feet tall with huge teeth and tiny arms too small to function for much-something if one hadn't seen a t-Rex had made a spot on guess).

And

2. Do you believe ANY of the conspiracy theories could hold water which pertain to your field (bigfoot kidnappings and murders in Mt shasta area covered up by government, Smithsonian or other research entities altering research not fitting the presently accepted narrative proposed by Darwin, giants, etc.). Do you think so much of your research gets challenged BECAUSE you're right on track?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Professor Sykes,
Bigfoot question...I believe they exist, either as a alien visitor or earth bound aminal...but don't see how a huge creature could huny/gather enough calories to live...which to me points to a visitor.
Care to opine?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Sooooo...
Where's Professor Sykes?
Any news?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Just thought everyone would like an update on Prof Sykes' ancient polar bear strain of DNA found to be the cause of the Yeti legend.

It's wrong.

He was very quick to say Dr. Ketchums work was wrong or contaminated because of his findings...I wonder if he is going to issue a public statement about his claim of it being 100% match with ancient polar bear DNA now that he is shown to be wrong.

Link to article

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join