It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds best hangover foods...photo needed!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Alcohol depletes b vitamins severly, and b1 deficiency is a real issue with alcoholics..
It's no coincidence we both mentioned b vitins

Them there is the issue of alcohol making protein synthesis not really work all that well hence me mentioning protein and more specifically amino acids.

Water still the main man of course and then salty is why I mentioned sodium potassium calcium and magnesium.

Oh and also blood sugar levels will be wacky. So carbs to fix that.

I havnt tried brewers yeast. I'm sure I'll have another hangover to try it on at some point haha.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Then reason for a hangover is...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Lol yes but one other issue. Alcohol metabolites. They are toxic to the body and basically you just have to wait for your body to detoxify. If I remember correctly alcohol metabolites (what ethanol turns into after you eat it or after it passes through your liver) are more toxic than alcohol.

Water should help this process along. I havnt seen any way to combat the metabolite issue but I havnt looked into this in a long time.

Today is my one day off so I drank last night plus a girl promised to meet me for shots when I got off work

Anyway today's hangover called for four large cups of water or close to 8 measured cups of water. Then a beer. Lol
Now I want some fried chicken. Mmmmmmm.

No pictures hard on this phone. Auto correct already slays me hard enough.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Fried chicken for a hangover sounds great...

*gus has just what you need...be careful!
edit on 3 24 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
www.livestrong.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.livestrong.com... the-health-benefits-of-jiaogulan-tea/Try Jiaogulan tea. It's an herbal tea that scavenges carcinogenic free radical's. It also naturally lowers cholesterol, maintain's strong immune function, and lowers blood pressure.
edit on 24-3-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
My favorite hangover food is a migas breakfast burrito. Migas is made of corn tortilla chips, scrambled eggs, pico de gallo, and cheese. Wrap that in a flour tortilla. Good stuff.

I've also eaten prickly pears to help a hangover and that worked well, but those are seasonal, and I have to be hung over in central Texas.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Yea prickly pears.. Did you know there is a drink called "function: urban detox" ?? Has prickly pear and that makes you feel amazing. Best hangover drink I've tried. The function energy drink is the best energy drink I've tried.

Hey mousy.
Thanks for that I think I'll try it out if I can find some.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Sounds like a great hangover cure...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I have to find this...thank you

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You would most likely have to order it from the internet. Maybe Amazon.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Bluesma...has a great cure for hangover...

*as dog barks...Bluesma wolfs down a hand full of yeast pills...LOL

Well, that must be the source of my healthy coat!

In France they are sold for humans as a nutritional supplement, considered bad for animals!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

That is funny here in the USA Vets give it to dogs and cats. I bet you coat is so soft. LOL

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join