It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan Backtracks on Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I found this an interesting article from Mr. Morgan today after he's previously spoken out quite sharply against Trump and his stance on both immigration and Islam.

Below are likely the questions many are asking themselves today after witnessing the latest horrors committed at the hand of radical Islam.

How many more? That’s all I could think this morning as news broke of yet another ISIS terror attack, this time in Brussels.

How many more innocent men, women and children are going to be blown to pieces by these murderous bastards?

How many more airports, train stations, sports stadiums, restaurants or concert halls will be obliterated in a hail of suicide bombs and bullets? How many more world leaders will wring their hands on national television afterwards and spout pointless platitudes about the ‘poor brave victims’ and ‘heroic emergency services’?

How many taunting, gleeful claims of responsibility will the despicable perpetrators of these evil crimes be able to issue? I’m sick of this, aren’t you?

Piers then goes onto point out the weak leadership on these issues across Europe and in America.

The inherent problem which causes it, chaotic war-torn instability in the Middle East, is getting worse, not better; just as the financial and military resource of the enemy is growing greater, not reducing.

Yet just as the world is crying out for strong decisive leadership, there is none.

America has a demob happy President Obama eeking out his last few months in office. A man whose infamous ‘leading from behind’ philosophy to foreign policy has been partly responsible for the war in Syria raging uncontrollably for five years – allowing fundamentalism to ferment.
Obama has zero interest in doing anything tangible to really deal with ISIS. This is now parked in the tray marked ‘next president’s problem.’

Europe, meanwhile, is splintering at the seams, ravaged by an unprecedented migration crisis that nobody seems to have a clue how to handle.
German chancellor Angela Merkel’s decision to let a million migrants into its country is already seen to be an utter disaster.

France, reeling from two horrendous attacks in Paris, is understandably highly fearful of yet more terror coming its way.
Belgium officials effectively conceded today that they have no real way to protect themselves against the ISIS threat. A fact surely born out by the fact that today’s onslaught in Brussels happened right when the city most expected it, following the capture of Paris attacks suspect Saleh Abdeslam three days ago.

Britain, surely a target anytime soon, is on red alert but its warring politicians are too distracted by the upcoming EU referendum in June to pay anything more than lame lip service to terrorism.

So nobody seems to be doing anything concrete to stop ISIS, or even suggesting a new way to do so given the spectacular lack of success to date.

Not only is there a severe lack of leadership, there's a severe lack of solutions from the supposed leaders. That is, aside from Trump who he interviewed today.

Trump told me countries must tighten their borders in light of these terror attacks, especially to anyone related to an ISIS fighter in Syria.
Is he so wrong?

He told me he wants law-abiding Muslims to root out the extremists in their midst, expressing his bafflement and anger that someone like Abdeslam was able to hide for so long in the very part of Brussels he had previously lived.
Is he so wrong?

He told me America must make it far harder for illegal immigrants to enter the U.S. and thinks European countries should follow suit.
Is he so wrong?

He told me he believes there are now areas of many major European cities which have become poisonous breeding grounds for radicalized Islamic terror.
Is he so wrong?

I didn’t feel I was talking to a lunatic, as many seem to view Trump.
I saw a guy, a non-politician unfettered by PC language restraints, who is genuinely furious at the devastation which ISIS is wreaking, and seriously concerned for the security of his fellow Americans and indeed, the citizens of Europe.

His plans for tackling this extraordinarily dangerous threat to the world have been widely condemned as ‘bigoted’ and ‘racist’.
But although I publicly criticised him for the Muslim short-term ban suggestion, I’ve known Trump for ten years and I don’t believe he’s a racist.
I think he’s someone who has spent his life responding to metaphorical punches on his nose by punching even harder back.

And right now, he firmly believes that ISIS will murder countless more Americans and Europeans if somebody somewhere doesn’t stand up and punch them hard in the face. Someone prepared to stop spewing politically-correct niceties after these attacks, hoping nobody gets offended, and actually DO something.

link

So why did I post this? Not because I think all that much of Piers, I'm not a fan of his. But rather, this inner dialogue of his which he put in print today represents the larger dialogue we're all having. It also explains why Trump is popular.

He's the only one since entering the race last summer has stood up and told the problem for what it is. Meanwhile, from the Obama/Clinton cartel preferring to defend Islam at all costs and European leaders also failing to not only address the problem but even covering it up, what we're stuck with are leaders who are more concerned about offending Muslims and Islam at large instead of offering solutions and confronting the issue head on.

Hence, Trump's rising popularity. Not everyone must agree with Trump but the lack of solutions from those who don't agree is startling.

Would I be happy with an ID program or halting Muslims coming to the US with connections to extremist states? Not really. It wouldn't be fair. Life however isn't fair and I recognize the intent behind it is to protect Americans from a larger threat, a new threat. What are the other solutions? Those who are offended by Trump's proposed policies aren't offering an alternative aside from essentially hoping it doesn't hit harder here in the future.

That's not a solution.

edit on 22-3-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

reality makes most come around when all the BS keeps getting people killed and ruining the party that made high ideals possible in the first place.

liberalism wouldnt exist if not for realism that freed it from monarchy and totalitarian repression.

notice I did not say conservatism. REALISM.

edit on 3 22 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Chunk of my post got cut off for some reason. Here's the rest.

Not only is there a severe lack of leadership, there's a severe lack of solutions from the supposed leaders. That is, aside from Trump who he interviewed today.

Trump told me countries must tighten their borders in light of these terror attacks, especially to anyone related to an ISIS fighter in Syria.
Is he so wrong?

He told me he wants law-abiding Muslims to root out the extremists in their midst, expressing his bafflement and anger that someone like Abdeslam was able to hide for so long in the very part of Brussels he had previously lived.
Is he so wrong?

He told me America must make it far harder for illegal immigrants to enter the U.S. and thinks European countries should follow suit.
Is he so wrong?

He told me he believes there are now areas of many major European cities which have become poisonous breeding grounds for radicalized Islamic terror.
Is he so wrong?

I saw a guy, a non-politician unfettered by PC language restraints, who is genuinely furious at the devastation which ISIS is wreaking, and seriously concerned for the security of his fellow Americans and indeed, the citizens of Europe.

His plans for tackling this extraordinarily dangerous threat to the world have been widely condemned as ‘bigoted’ and ‘racist’.
But although I publicly criticised him for the Muslim short-term ban suggestion, I’ve known Trump for ten years and I don’t believe he’s a racist.
I think he’s someone who has spent his life responding to metaphorical punches on his nose by punching even harder back.

And right now, he firmly believes that ISIS will murder countless more Americans and Europeans if somebody somewhere doesn’t stand up and punch them hard in the face. Someone prepared to stop spewing politically-correct niceties after these attacks, hoping nobody gets offended, and actually DO something.

link

So why did I post this? Not because I think all that much of Piers, I'm not a fan of his. But rather, this inner dialogue of his which he put in print today represents the larger dialogue we're all having. It also explains why Trump is popular.

He's the only one since entering the race last summer has stood up and told the problem for what it is. Meanwhile, from the Obama/Clinton cartel preferring to defend Islam at all costs and European leaders also failing to not only address the problem but even covering it up, what we're stuck with are leaders who are more concerned about offending Muslims and Islam at large instead of offering solutions and confronting the issue head on.

Hence, Trump's rising popularity. Not everyone must agree with Trump but the lack of solutions from those who don't agree is startling.

Would I be happy with an ID program or halting Muslims coming to the US with connections to extremist states? Not really. It wouldn't be fair. Life however isn't fair and I recognize the intent behind it is to protect Americans from a larger threat, a new threat. What are the other solutions? Those who are offended by Trump's proposed policies aren't offering an alternative aside from essentially hoping it doesn't hit harder here in the future.

That's not a solution.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Can an MOD merge all this? ATS isn't allowing me to post my whole post.

link

That's not a solution.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

What was Trump's solution again? Some vague nonsense about "figuring it out" followed later by "Islam hates us."

a reply to: tadaman

liberalism wouldnt exist if not for realism that freed it from monarchy and totalitarian repression.

Which of the FF does Trump in any way resemble?

notice I did not say conservatism. REALISM.

I think you're confusing realistic with simple. Part of Trump's appeal is that his "solutions" (if you want to call them that) seem to be more a set of slogans like "build a wall" which is what I believe explains a lot about his popularity. I also think he appeals to the sort of people who have a very deep seated need for a patriarchal authority to tell them what to do and make them feel safe.

Slogans usually make poor solutions though. "Take the pieces" for instance isn't an actual chess strategy.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I think the fundamental issue here is that Trump is willing to do 'something'. You can complain about how he has no concrete plan, but let's be honest about all the s@#t we've been fed by establishment politicians. Where have all the plans we've heard from politicians in the past couple decades ever really gone? Nowhere.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

EXACTLY! Trump accomplishes more activities in a year than politicians do during their entire career. America and Americans deserve and need an accomplished leader at the helm of this country.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Some people are slowly getting hip to the fact that the western leaders aren’t doing this because their liberal bleeding hearts

Trump intuitively makes sense when he says cryptically said:
We have to find out what’s going on...

What’s going on is that the western leaders have some kind of hold over their heads that’s making them apparently do some very very stupid things that aren’t stupid, but some sinister plot

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Its only going to get worse. We can again pick the actors that created the mess or we can give a shot to the one flawed guy that will do something about it.

Really, its going to get worse, much worse. The current policies are fueling the rise of extremist islamic culture, and because of that it is taking root, and spreading like wildfire.

There will be many more attacks before the november elections I think. Will that make anyone reconsider their vote? Im thinking each time Obama and liberal Euro leaders fail to do anything about this and try to blame the victims, as thats basically what Obama did, more people will move away from Clinton and the failed leftist policies.

Im not a conservative. Im a pragmatic libertarian. Im a realist. I have my eyes wide open.

I am not a Trump fan. But I think the times make the man (or woman), and sometimes you get a man for the time.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
"When they get in trouble they send for the sons-of-bitches." -- Ernest King, Fleet Admiral

I think that explains Trump's appeal. People are realizing that we have real problems and all the pretty, flowery rhetoric in the world is not going to fix them. We'll have to work for it.

I'd certainly cast a vote for Trump over Hillary.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Chunk of my post got cut off for some reason. Here's the rest.

I've had a short thread posting limit, or what seemed to be lately, before as well. Wonder if that can be addressed.

Sorry going to have to cut your quote/s short-having issues with them now.

Is he so wrong?
One side vs the other: How many are being forced into "ghettos" as opposed to not integrating into other areas but congregating into one?

I see this less talked of so here's a snippet from a source;

Muslim ghettos in Paris and Brussels are incubators of Islamic extremism where police fear to tread, crime and unemployment are rampant and radical imams aggressively recruit young men to wage jihad against the West, experts said Tuesday.
Source

Thanks for sharing didn't think Piers would come out saying what he did. I can see Trumps popularity rising more so now, though for some of the wrong reasons.

That's not a solution.

I do think Trumps plan overall needs to be questioned especially above. Further more I don't believe putting a database on all Americans(even just one on Immigrants) to help thwart terrorism is going to combat this as he and other GOP called for last summer. You have to go further to the source as shared about the ghettos as well as the Military Industrial Complex(and on the other half the ME issues) hand in all of it. Is he going to address any of that or just play into removing privacy from all Americans? If not he's not better than the elite establishment circus. I suggested before on the site that trump voters need to contact him about that.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I can't believe I agree with that tea swiller on something.

I REALLY disliked Trump at first, then I read his policies. Sanders is far too weak, Clinton is a psycho, I think I'll be voting for Trump or 3rd party.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
In all honesty, It's really not all that difficult and not all that simple all at the same time.

There are radicals/extremists for EVERYTHING. There are black radicals and white radicals , and brown radicals, and other color radicals, there are Islamic rads, and Christian rads, and other rads. There is a radical for everything.

People today are so afraid of stepping on other people's toes, that when a radical/extremist toes that line, no one is going to say something so as to not hurt anyone's feels. After toeing the line, comes crossing the line and going too far, and then if someone even thinks about saying something about the obvious, they are labeled as something bad, such as racist, antisemitic, ect. You can't fix it, because it hurts feelings, you can't leave it, because it hurts feelings.

It's like a spoiled child, the longer you let the bad things happen, the longer it will take to stop them from happening.

Trump may have simple ideas, but its really a simple problem. Its the people who are easily offended that make it difficult.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
There isn't a simple solution but handing out arms to groups of self proclaimed freedom fighters and waiting for it fix itself can be crossed off the list.
edit on 3/23/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Your entire post is just asking questions which only show your lack of understanding. As always you dont have a point

You sound like a hillary cheerleader.

Trump was right on many issues and as such people are seeing the light and falling into his camp in droves-

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Trump all day for me, he has accomplished so much that I fell asleep through the documentary.

top topics

join