It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels Ran Ad Campaign Mocking the Notion of a Terrorist Attack Two Months Ago

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This ad was in response to those of us who were warning against the blind acceptance of letting hordes of Muslim "refugees" in to their countries. The naivety of the modern "liberal" is down right dangerous. People who had common sense reservations about the "refugees" were instantly swarmed and attacked as racist by world wide media. This is a tactic the left uses in a number of different issues to silence their opposition. I hope this opens some people's eyes that that left's ideology of looking the other way as it regards their "protected groups" is harmful to everyone's well being.

Brussels Ran Ad Campaign Mocking the Notion of a Terrorist Attack Two Months Ago

In an ad campaign that aired two months before Tuesday’s terrorist attacks, the tourism department of Brussels ridiculed the notion that the city was violent or prone to terrorist violence.

The city set up a series of phones that people could call from all around the world and have everyday people in Brussels answer. “Did you see some people who are fighting with guns or bombs?” one caller asks.

“No!” the person who answered the phone laughs. “Oh my god, no way!”

edit on 22-3-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As bad as it is, the last line gets me.

It's just a bizzare coincidence I guess, either that or an ironic warning

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There is none so blind as those who refuse to see...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

But did you not hear the pleasant music?

They have waffles

When more people die, when you live in constant fear and embrace the right polar opposite in response to having lived under the lie of the left polar opposite, reality will be a blessing you cant afford.

THIS IS THE REAL WORLD.

It is not left or right. That is first world BS

We only have humans, dangers, hunger, fear and death.

When you overcome these things you get happiness.

Happiness and general glee are not conduits to their ends. They are the end result of REALITY being overcome

edit on 3 22 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Brussels, how's that phone thingy working out for you now? The only tourist you now get are from the media.

A horrifically ironic tourism campaign.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

So what are you actually trying to say here? Are you seriously claiming terrorist attacks wouldn't exist if only moderates were spouting all that same anti-Islam crap that the far right does?

Seems like your post is just a rant about how people are to moderate and need to adopt a more extremist intolerant mentality... is that a reasonable interpretation of your post?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You know whats crazy?

People are so ashamed who laughed and mocked that they wont even touch this with a ten foot pole.

They wont self examine and realize that extreme liberalism, extreme leftist ideology is largely to blame after advocating for open borders and hard line multiculturalism.

They wont take back the affirmation that there is nothing to fear from current Muslim populations. I am not talking about moderates and fellow Americans and fellow Europeans. I am speaking of those coming from and living in war zones. Those that are flocking to Europe. THIS IS NOT the solution.

It is F-ing absurd to deny it anymore.

Now what?

edit on 3 22 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I hope that I'm 100% wrong but we are entering a new world phase...
can't block the sun with a finger anymore

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'd really like to know what the citizens of Brussels would say if they answered that phone today. It's tragic.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Wow... Thats just bad staff work.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I totally agree.

I don't give two #s about ideology or religion. Not left, not right. Not Christian, Jew or Muslim. I care about humanity. And this # is INHUMANE. And because of that, we should set aside all affiliations, prejudices and loyalties and call BULL# on it. It's #ing uncivilized and decent people of Earth need to root it out.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

So what are you actually trying to say here? Are you seriously claiming terrorist attacks wouldn't exist if only moderates were spouting all that same anti-Islam crap that the far right does?

Seems like your post is just a rant about how people are to moderate and need to adopt a more extremist intolerant mentality... is that a reasonable interpretation of your post?

No, I'm saying know-it-all, holier-than-thou left wingers/liberals need to accept that they don't always have the answer and their ideology isn't always right. In other words, they need to open their minds. Yes, there are millions of Muslims out there who are DETERMINED to wage war on the rest of us until they achieve their goals.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

That's what everyone said after 911... but the only thing that changed in reality, was the general hysteria and intolerance of the middle eastern culture within western society.

... just saying.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
a reply to: tadaman

I totally agree.

I don't give two #s about ideology or religion. Not left, not right. Not Christian, Jew or Muslim. .

Well I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. It's all about Islam, the return of the caliphate and the war to make those things dominate. Ignoring or deflect the problem will not "root it out" as you say. It will let the problem continue to fest and manifest in ever increasing attacks like today. Folks like you will continue to be proven wrong by reality.

edit on 22-3-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: manuelram16

That's what everyone said after 911... but the only thing that changed in reality, was the general hysteria and intolerance of the middle eastern culture within western society..

What world do you live in? There has been almost non-stop Islamic terror the world over since 9/11.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
No, worse that post 911...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

No, YOU'RE wrong.

It's by labeling it as anything except inhumane, uncivilized or barbaric that we allow it to persist.

Because all other labels make people divide up to protect their tribes or interests groups. Appealing to the common denominator of our mutual humanity is the only thing that *might* coalesce the world into action. The whole world, not just Christians. Not just the right. Not just the West.
edit on 3/22/2016 by HoldMyBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer

No, YOU'RE wrong.

It's by labeling it as anything except inhumane, uncivilized or barbaric that we allow it to persist.

Because all other labels make people divide up to protect their tribes or interests groups. Appealing to the common denominator of our mutual humanity is the only thing that *might* coalesce the world into action. The whole world, not just Christians. Not just the right.

Well people with your point of view are leading us world wide and it doesn't seem to be working out to well. I guess all those people have to die as martyrs for your ideological beliefs?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

How do you know anything of my world view?

I personally think they shouldn't even be allowed to immigrate out of war torn countries. I think Visas should be denied or revoked until they fix their #. Letting moderates leave the Middle East in mass only cedes their homeland to radicals. I personally think they should assimilate better. Their failure to assimilate isolates them in the West and fosters a propensity to radicalize.

But none of that # will get done. We would all just sit around and argue about the logistics and ethics of it. We have to skip the absurd theater and just get down to it: Terrorism is barbaric and out of bounds in a civilized and sane world. It's unsustainable to the West and anyone associated with it, harboring it, preaching it or aiding/abetting it should be eradicated.

What they choose to do in their own homeland is their business. But not here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join