It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so sick of religious people

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I am very against religion at this point in my life. None of my friends are religious anymore and all of them think fighting in the war is the dumbest thing anyone could do.

See now, religious people don't invade other countries for governments, because fighting in the war (which consists mostly of murder) is the dumbest thing anyone could do, and goes against the not murdering part which is one of only ten laws in religion, as opposed to the govt laws which allow murder.
It sure it a better compass.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
You sound really ignorrant. 1) Not all religious people kill in the name of religion. There are scores of spiritual people who are conscientious objectors to violence. 2) considering only 'atheists' as normal is completely asinine. Atheism can't be proved, yet there is evidence of design and intelligence all around us. The fact your earth is in the perfect harmonious location for life and that its axle ever so perfectly to form different seasons to sustain life on it is unique. If it was all an accident, we'd be floating on a rock into oblivion. Not the case. Also it's a scientific fact that living matter can NOT spawn from non-loving matter, so where does life originate. Take the evidence we see on earth. It takes another life to create a life. Same with our origins, they come from a life-source. It takes just as much 'blind-faith' to believe in your system as you claim it does for others. Another thing too, just because you don't want to conform to a set of living, and you want to follow the rest of the world and believ what you believe to fit in does not make you any more right than the next person. Im not saying many religious leaders are innocent, because they aren't...A lot of sick and twisted things have been done in the name of religion. But religion aside, a lot of sick and twisted things are done in the name of pure human wickedness. Many, if not the majority of crimes are committed without religious motive. From murder, to child rape, robbery to assaults. The reason non-religious people do theses things??? Because it's not their "affiliation" as much as it is their own wicked contorted sick heart and mind that twists reality to justify why they themselves want to do such sick and twisted things to other humans. Please do not lower yourself to sounding like some dumb back hill hick that's been home schooled their whole life.

a reply to: DumpMaster

edit on 23-3-2016 by TheCretinHop because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2016 by TheCretinHop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Good you will finally get over this rant

My religion is mostly vanilla, chocolate is the devil and I burn with pinch of cayenne pepper

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I don't hate religious people, but they do concern me. Believing as they do in literal magical beings and creatures with magical powers that can read your mind and pass down judgement on them for the rest of eternity etc etc is utterly irrational. These beliefs will affect every single decision they make (to a greater or lesser degree) while living in society, and can cause a lot of unnecessary problems.
We all have to live together on this cold rock as it flies through the cosmos, but spreading superstitions and myths to our children helps no-one.

But it's a dying trend at the moment, the Internet and better levels of education is leaving less and less room for peoples supernatural beliefs to exist without collapsing in on themselves.

There will always be people that simply want to believe what they want to believe no matter how irrational and fantastical, but as time goes on more and more people will reject the claims of magical men and creatures and I do think that it will be a healthy thing for us as a species.
edit on 23-3-2016 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

See, it makes more sense when you say it politely.

I too am concerned: people worshipping their self, or explosions, tend to be #ty neighbours.

But I do respect their right to believe what they believe.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I agree with you and believe that as time goes on, more people will not be religious. Mysticism may become more popular as religions are further seen as useless fairy tales.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015

You do realize without religions, there would be chaos. The little chaos that religions bring is nothing compare to the chaos without it would bring. I am not religious btw, but I see the need for religions. It controls people who cannot be control by laws.

That makes a lot of sense. Although, it would be a much better situation if religions were all about peace.

Atheism might work with a small population, but never with a world population this size.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol

See, it makes more sense when you say it politely.

Honesty is far more valuable and useful than perceived manners...

I too am concerned: people worshipping their self, or explosions, tend to be #ty neighbours.

The potential harm from narcissistic people is insignificant compared to the harm caused by supernatural beliefs.

But I do respect their right to believe what they believe.

Apparently most gods or magical beings do not share this view

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Why would atheism only work with small populations? That seems rediculous. China is a pretty big country.

Anyhow there is no need for religion to keep social order anymore. Philosophy has everything that religion can give minus God. Or if you choose to believe in a philosophical God like a first cause or a designer of the cosmos that also can be done without religion. Ethics is much better in philosophy where debate is a peer review process that doesn't come from a forceful authority that can smite you for your sins.

You could also believe in an afterlife without religion. Some kind of quantum entanglement with dimensional planes of existence.

Those would at least be philosophical explanations rather than a book with a history of violence. IMO of course.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I agree with you and believe that as time goes on, more people will not be religious. Mysticism may become more popular as religions are further seen as useless fairy tales.

But mysticism can be scientifically tested one tool after another with awareness. Just because humanity is not ready to reveal and quantify how synchronicity is manifested. Do not mean it cannot be logically explained if you look at it thru the lens of quantum physics.

True spiritual experience fosters knowledge and religion dogma falls apart when the "mysterious ways" get quantified and known. Why use a low level spiritual tool like religion who do work very inefficient when you can play around with energetic body states and low level laying of hands?

Every religion have it's own efficiency tool.
edit on 23-3-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Stalin, Mao, pol pot, Darwin teaching we are all animals and lives have no value.

Why get upset by all this evil, why is it evil., why do you value stardust and starwater, why do you say religion is wrong, what gives you the power to dictate what's bad.

Philosophically Killing baby's and children is good, there is nothing wrong with that, lest you be against it on a faith based account

Your argument is tepid, reasoning is not logical, you apply laws that hold no merit

I ask one question, as an atheist, killing children is acceptable according to Darwins assumption of survival of the fittest
Must be, Mao, pol pot, Stalin et all did it and they were atheists, there go all atheists are like them potentially

Darwin didn't order the killing of any babies or children. However the "god" of the Bible which you worship did. Multiple times. So how can you justify worshipping such a being ?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: luthier

Intelectualy through reason there is a form of ethics, except

The current regime in North Korea
Atheist?

The issue is not as simple as you would like to make it unfortunately, at times in human history, the elite, the greedy, the selfish, the powerful grow in power.
Can the simple argument, the survival of the fittest be denied outright, we are no more than animals to some, cattle

For the common good is generally used to support an individual's own position.

If logic can be relied on, then exterminating Jews in camps was logical, maybe not to us but to many it was
Let's not forget, Jews were a sub human group according to the political party that decided the ethics of the time

Some religions have a supernatural creator who stated, we are all human, all equal and all equally valued, you can't argue that simple statement without a secular ethic.
If you do argue that statement, you devalue humanity and life.

You state some religions have a supernatural creator. That would mean you believe there is more than one God? What's more likely is a man created a belief system saying that all men are equal.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

May I just say that I am a devout Catholic who would never dream of purposely harming or hating another human being in any way, and I respect everyone, no matter what I am not here to preach, convert or hate because it just isn't my place, job or right. I just wanted to say that not all Christians are the hateful bible pushers that the media portrays us to be. Hate and terror makes the news, and yes, I call it terrorism, even as a Christian, I say what goes on in some cases is terrorism, such as protesting funerals and such, and honestly it devastates me to see a minority of Christians use the peaceful religion that it truly is (if the morals and such were to be followed as instructed in the original texts, not as interpreted to suit one's own selfish goals and beliefs) to be used as an okay from God to preach hate. I know I probably won't change your opinion, and that's okay as again, that's not what I am here to do, I just thought I should just speak on behalf of us Christians who in no way hate anyone, no matter what religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, life choice, anything like that. I also just wanted to add (as a Canadian) that in the case of residential schools, the people who ran them had, whether they believe it or not, no direction from God to do such horrendous things, just ask anyone at my Church, they would absolutely agree. I truly want everyone to get along and love each other (I sound like a damn school teacher, it just shows how petty and stupid the hate can be) no matter what their religious or political views are, any of that. I tend to stick to the whole, don't talk about my religion unless it is asked, because I don't want people to feel like I am trying to convert them or something like that, and most everyone I know who is Catholic is the same. Anywho, I hope what I've said has at the very least showed you that not all of us are crazy haha. Thank you for your time, hope all is well

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

God hates religiosity in people more than you do--as demonstrated by Christ's comments to and about the Pharisees.

However, Christ died to restore 1:1 RELATIONSHIP with the Father, Yehovah.

Most folks are not willing to be submitted even to ALMIGHTY GOD . . . so they are hostile to a RELATIONSHIP with Him.

But that relationship is the KEY to Life, Love, Eternal life, Joy, Peace, Hope, lasting affection, fulfillment, . . .

The rest is likely and mostly chaff.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

No Darwin just said they were animals, with an value, akin to stock.
Of no real value when considered with any living thing, no different to a virus

Wake up

And just to clarify
I believe in one God, I don't stop others from having many gods

Don't assume, just ask

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join