It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason the Establishment is against Trump is Foreign Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Trump released part of his Foreign Policy team and it shows why the establishment is against Trump. Both sides are for an interventionist Foreign Policy. They want to spread democracy through the Middle East through regime change. This is dangerous and it gives birth and strength to groups like ISIS.

On the Republican side, you have the Neocons. They want perpetual war and these are the same people who wanted to go to Iraq. They wanted to go to Iraq before 9/11 and they used 9/11 as an excuse. Last week, Ted Cruz released his Foreign Policy team and it's full of warmongers and Neocons. If Ted Cruz is elected, America will be in a major ground war during his 1st term. These Neocons can't wait to get control over Foreign Policy and Trump is in their way.

The Democrats also have an interventionist Foreign Policy but they try to do regime change without a ground war. So they support the overthrow of Leaders in the Middle East and they tried to replace them with the Muslim Brotherhood. This has created chaos and strengthened ISIS. They wanted to take out Mubarak, Gaddafi and Assad. They didn't get Assad and thiere's a vacuum created that strengthens ISIS, creates a refugee problem and has America in a proxy war with Russia over Assad.

Trump laid out a non-interventionist Foreign Policy to the Washington Post Editorial Board. Neocons around Ted Cruz read this and say Trump has to be stopped at all costs.

Donald Trump revealed part of his foreign policy advisory team and outlined an unabashedly non-interventionist approach to world affairs during a wide-ranging meeting Monday with The Washington Post's editorial board.

Trump -- who is set to give a major address on foreign policy later Monday before the American Israel Public Affairs Committee -- said in his meeting at The Post that he advocates an aggressive U.S. posture in the world with a light footprint. In spite of unrest abroad, especially in the Middle East, Trump insisted that the United States must look inward and steer its resources toward rebuilding domestic infrastructure.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Here's the kicker:

"I do think it’s a different world today, and I don’t think we should be nation-building anymore," Trump said. "I think it’s proven not to work, and we have a different country than we did then. We have $19 trillion in debt. We’re sitting, probably, on a bubble. And it’s a bubble that if it breaks, it’s going to be very nasty. I just think we have to rebuild our country."

This is sacrilegious to Neocons and to those who want to democratize the Middle East through regime change and perpetual war. I voted for Trump in Ohio and one of the main reasons I did is because I don't want the Neocons anywhere near the White House. Ted Cruz Foreign Policy team is a whose who of warmongers and Neocons and if anyone read their policy papers and things from the Project for a New American Century realiz how dangerous they are. They want to go to war with Iran. They want to go to war with Syria.

They will find a way to get there by using a tragedy or creating one. Say no to Ted Cruz and say no to the dangerous Neocons!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So your thread says no war with Trump, and the other thread says Trump's team is all in with interventionalist Neo-Cons.

I think I need to pop some popcorn to watch ATS today.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So your thread says no war with Trump, and the other thread says Trump's team is all in with interventionalist Neo-Cons.

I think I need to pop some popcorn to watch ATS today.

Yeah, that thread makes no sense. Trump has been saying things like Iraq was a mistake and we don't need to be nation building since he's been running for President. The media panels were just complaining on TV that Trump doesn't have any Foreign Policy establishment Republicans on his team and that's the code word for Neocons.

If you look at Ted Cruz Foreign Policy team it should scare you to death. He has some of the biggest warmongers on his team like Frank Gaffney and Elliott Abrams.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Not really.

I favor strong foreign policy, not necessarily war, but strong.

And I'll be plain - after what has been done for the past eight years, our next president may have to authorize force at least once in order to get the world to take us seriously again no matter who they end up being. Obama has drawn lines in the sand and backed off them so many times that the other countries think they can push us around.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

i think hilaryy will win multiculturalism equals NWO

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

If there's one thing I can thank Trump for, it's for beating Cruz. Could you imagine this guy as president? First action, war with Iran.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

But wait, Trump is evil. How can he want to STOP Interventionism?

Here you will have people who are diametrically opposed to interventionism but will harp on about Trump...our best bet to ending it.

I guess we will just have to invest all that money and effort into our people and not into private companies like Halliburton...But hey tell me how he is evil.

Popcorn is ready......nam nam nam

edit on 3 21 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

This is what matters more than anything (who the advisors are/will be), and is what I've been waiting for before making any decisions. Perhaps Trump really will be a force for good and is just using the inflammatory rhetoric as necessary nonsense to obtain the Professional Wrestling Fan Vote as a base. Those are the folks who don't need to hear any more - they've got their guy. Later in the process, as things get fleshed out, is when people who actually pay attention to the real meat of what a candidate is about. This is beginning to put me soundly in Trump's camp as far as Republicans go. I know where I stand on Hillary (no-go, no matter what), but will have to look more into Bernie in regards to this.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The Republican Party is against Donald Trump because he's not one of their chosen cronies. They're just spoiled rich kids who never grew up. Plain and simple. Their reign is OVER!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I am no Trump fan... but kudos if that is really his intention.

First thing I have seen from Trump that I agree with, though I often suspect that beyond his ambiguous rhetoric that makes people like David Duke endorse him, and all the USA Great! propaganda rhetoric, there was a more sensible man who is just pandering to get elected.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Trump has also said the US needs to stop spending money on NATO. The US picks up the tab to defend Europe with no gain really.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This would the Trump that says he is going bomb everything and kill peoples families? And who's advisers are

Phares a former Romney adviser who was a leading official of a Christian militia in Lebanon that committed massacres and former adviser to Lebanese warlord. He is a neoconservative and very likes to exaggerate situations to force US military interventions.

Joe Schmitz a former Black Water executive and inspector general in the DoD under Bush who blocked inverstigations into the the Iraq war.

Papadopoulos a former Carson adviser who focuses on oil and gas geo-politics who worked for conservative think tank

Keith Kellogg a former 82nd AB General during the Iraq war and a known Hawk.

Carter Page an energy executive.

Yeah that is a whos whos of get the US into some crap that is does not need to be in right there.

top topics

join