It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian 'demons' conference

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

When you finish it, will it be available for general consumption? I think I'd probably enjoy reading it. The subject matter sounds fascinating.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Actually, I proposed a paper for the conference. It wasn't accepted, but I'm going to tweak the paper and submit again next year.

Mind if I ask what the subject was?

The magical knives. I'm trying to translate this paper right now

I read German at about a first grade level, and it's very difficult.

I see the paper is available via download. How long is it? I have a friend fluent in German. He'd likely have interest in the topic also. I can ask him for a translation.

The download costs $40, and the paper itself is 197 pages and the following catalog is 139 pages. I'm working on both. I've managed to translate the first 30 pages or so - the scholarly language is very heavy going, and some terms aren't entirely clear (I think the Germans are calling it by one name while we Americans (and the British) use a different name).

Having someone do the rough translation would be lovely... however I seriously doubt anyone's eager to translate 300 pages worth of PhD dissertation for me.

Yes but he's really cool and might read some via Skype and/or record.

Just got home from class, kiddos to bed and all that. I can ask, like I said, he might consider it fun. He's American but taught in Egypt and spent many years living in Germany. He's also disabled which gives him a lot of free time.
edit on 22-3-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Im sorry, pareidolia really kicking in my ass in the back of my head right now. Not really good for the whole inner peace vibe and what not, trying to be an empty void, filling in the gaps.

But it really is kicking my ass...
edit on 22-3-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yes, if accepted it will be published and I'll put it on ACADEMIA.EDU

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Yes but he's really cool and might read some via Skype and/or record.

Just got home from class, kiddos to bed and all that. I can ask, like I said, he might consider it fun. He's American but taught in Egypt and spent many years living in Germany. He's also disabled which gives him a lot of free time.

OOoo!!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Got it bookmarked in anticipation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join