It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: If He Wins - What's the Worst Case Scenario?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt
No , Obama has already tried all that..didnt work for him.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: SugarDaddy

Also Americans and their new president will become the world's laughingstock for a few years (and it's already starting)

Have you even heard of Obama?

Yes, the laughing began about 8 years ago, it all started with his winning of Nobel.

This is going to be nothing compared to wait awaits you when Trump wins. You should already see the headlines now.

He's truly a modern buffoon.

Actually the world likes and respects Obama. It's mostly Americans who hates him.
edit on 21-3-2016 by SugarDaddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MoonNova

Gee, the Saudis?.

I remember just about every one of the supposed hijackers were Saudi from when I watched it on TV while the whole thing happened.

That was hard.

Trump is either full of crap, or he is downplaying his rhetoric for the sake of the simple minded and illiterate to gain votes.

Politicians promise to do things and tell people what is up every time they run for election, and just so happens they usually don't follow through.

I know, "but he's not a politician, he's a business dude", and I can't figure out which one makes me feel more uneasy.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: SugarDaddy

Also Americans and their new president will become the world's laughingstock for a few years (and it's already starting)

Have you even heard of Obama?

Yes, the laughing began about 8 years ago, it all started with his winning of Nobel.

Except this is completely untrue. Polling shows America's reputation in the world has skyrocket around the world (except in Russia and some Muslim states) and Obama scores high as a worlds leader. We already know what the World thinks of Trump, most of the world wants to ban him.

As for the OP. Worst case is Trump has no support in either party so nothing happens for 4 years beyond courts revoking every crazy executive order Trump tries to give. With the world opinion of Trump so low China and Russia would make some solid diplomatic advances. And likely Trump would be under impeachment very early on for doing something stupid allowing both parties to move on him. And when Trump never builds a wall, or blocks Muslims etc. which he has hinted is just campaign BS for his supporters he will find those people who were are not the brightest group going crazy calling him a traitor. Likely he would be kicked out before doing to much damage and the US would have to do a lot to salvage its global reputation.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
If he decides to build his wall and if he decides blocking all Muslims so he can "figure out what is going on" I can see the US losing a lot of International goodwill, possible boycotts and tit for tat relations with predominantly Islamic nations.

Honestly, who knows. I'm not sure he knows. I do know he has a tendancy to be a evil piece of crap when he doesn't get his way. Just look at his actions when people haven't sold up when he wants to build golf courses and stuff.

He might go around annexing nations so he can build plazas and hotels.

Where did he say "blocking all muslims" and what is wrong about what he actually said?

What do predominately muslim countries have to offer that the USA needs?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Obama is rather respected around the world, fair enough the Nobel prize was a bit "premature" if anything, he hasn't done too bad.

The opening up of diplomatic and trade relations with Cuba.

The Iranian "crisis" has opened up despite the political will of Americans and non-americans alike.

That is just 2 things Obama and his administration have done of the top of my head...There is the downgrading of nuclear stockpiles too.

Obama is well respected internationally, not so much at home...Kenya. Ok bad joke. Obama could have achieved much more bit has been fought tooth and nail at every corner. I can imagine Trump wouldn't be allowed to accomplish much politically.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Trade?

More than a billion muslims in the world and most of them are not from the desert most of the worlds supply of rare earth metals sit around Indo-China, between Australia and China. Those Islands such as Jakarta have huge muslim populations.

But hey, Islam is only followed by 1 1/2 billion muslims. How are you going to vet all those people wanting to live, work and visit the USA?

How will you prove they are Muslim? water board everyone who isn't white? But... Muslims are white too and all humans can lie.

Nobody is expecting some kind of American inquisition. It simply wouldn't work.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Where did he say "blocking all muslims" and what is wrong about what he actually said?

Really?

edition.cnn.com...

I guess you must be the kind of people he appeals to, accepting anything coming out of his mouth as "unabashed truth" despite Trump spewing BS more than 80% the time.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Not gonna vet 1.5 bil muslims.

Just the ones that want to come from places that we are not at war with.

The others won''t get to come at all.

I guess the USA will have to do without the rare earth metals from those countries that get pissed off and don't want to do biz.
They can sell it to Iran.

Just have mohammed pics in the interview rooms and see who freaks out.

No waterboarding necessary.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

It is a good idea economically. As a public works project I mean.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SugarDaddy

Hang around a while. You'll see what you first thought was sarcasm was an actual opinion. Also, around election time, when the push for candidates is on, we always get a wave of new members, who mysteriously disappear once it's over.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

With that said, Trump wants to lower your taxes, secure your border, bring businesses back home(by lowering or eliminating the money repatriation tax AND lowering the corporate income tax), and like many Americans wants to use war as only a last resort but once committed, FULLY commit to the war.

How's he going to do that? It's proven his "plan" is not only not thought out and full of holes , but will make things worse
2. He's for tariffs which does NOT help people buying goods at home, and he himself utilitizes those loopholes and immigrant labor, and sending business out of country in the cheap, he's not going to cash in that piggy bank

3. Less war? How by targeting the families of terrorists all across the world( which is against the Geneva convention and could lead to MORE war) and going in and taking the oil from foreign countries in retaliation, which would also lead to more conflict, or maybe by trying to force other countries to do what he wants w a heavy hand?
Or by maybe targeting specific religious or ethnic groups

By building a wall? The same wall we've had funded for 10yrs now in full that hasn't been built?
But magically Trump is going to do it because , he thinks like Obama, he can speak things into existence?

No the problem is people don't actually listen to trump. They hear what they want to hear and do no research

Trump is worse for the country than even who we have in office now, and I never thought I'd be able to say that

edit on 3/21/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/21/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

A first world nation doing without rare earth metals?

Put Mohammed pictures in interview rooms?

Wow, maybe you should run for president...You really could make America great again.

A great dissapointment.

I'm glad I met Americans before I go to America. If it was the other way round I'd be horrified.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AlmostRosey

Trump doesn't have nearly the support he would need to carry out any of his plans so the damage he would cause is different.

It's culture. He has already changed our culture and brought back some of the ugly attitudes that made America "great" in the 50's. If he were to be elected, those people won't magically be satisfied. No, they will be angry as Trump faces backlash and obstacles. Eventually, the ignorant fervor he has caused will foment a counterculture reminiscent of Idiocracy.

We will be a nation that disrespects intellect and social progress, eschews science and embraces superstition, protects those they believe to be religiously correct while declaring open season on all perceived enemies of their twisted morality. This isn't hyperbole as we've seen this in world history and even in our own American history.

This is why he is dangerous. He could ruin our nation without signing a single document.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoonNova
Trump is looking into saving america. He has also been figuring things out about 9/11 and has promised to tell us who did it and why.

Trump wants to put a stop on Muslims for a while while he sorts things out about them. He doesn't know what they are up to, but he will look into it and decide what to do. When that is done he will do something involving them.

The wall is a great idea. Trump will make a big wall and that will solve the illegal problem and get us more jobs so we can work at places. Jobs are great. Walls are great.

Trump will bring manufacturing to america. Even more jobs. I don't know how many jobs, but it will be many, many jobs. So many jobs we wont know what to do with them.

These 4 things sound like the kind of things a 4th grader would say and believe about how the world works. Please tell me this post was satirical in nature and not serious...

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: MoonNova
Trump is looking into saving america. He has also been figuring things out about 9/11 and has promised to tell us who did it and why.

Trump wants to put a stop on Muslims for a while while he sorts things out about them. He doesn't know what they are up to, but he will look into it and decide what to do. When that is done he will do something involving them.

The wall is a great idea. Trump will make a big wall and that will solve the illegal problem and get us more jobs so we can work at places. Jobs are great. Walls are great.

Trump will bring manufacturing to america. Even more jobs. I don't know how many jobs, but it will be many, many jobs. So many jobs we wont know what to do with them.

These 4 things sound like the kind of things a 4th grader would say and believe about how the world works. Please tell me this post was satirical in nature and not serious...

Which is comical because its basically just Trump talking points, I actually heard this in my head as I read it, in Trumps voice.

That is the intellect level we are dealing with , with Trump and his supporters.

I had actually liked some of the things Trump had said about taxes (even though it was very vague) so I looked into his Tax plan and realized how ridiculous it was and wouldnt work.

Then I looked at Smoot Holley (sp?) and asked my husband about it ( he is a history buff) His ideas could usher in another Great Depression. The problem is I would not know this if I didnt research what Drumpf actually said.

Which clearly his supporters do not.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

Lol yea. That (plus we were posting on the internet so you never know) is primarily why I wasn't sure if he was being satirical or not.
edit on 21-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The inevitable reset will be expedited?

I'd prefer that over a slow death anyway.

At least for a moment in time we will be told some truth.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The worst case scenario would be for him to gain dictatorial powers. This is not something easy to achieve. We have many checks and balances against it. But it's happened in other countries and it can happen here.

But this isn't the most likely scenario. The most likely scenario is something akin to Carter. Where neither party wishes to work with him. He gets nothing done. And the country drifts.

Of course, he has zero chance of being elected.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I dont expect you to understand. Trump is rich. Very rich. He is an outside to the elite that control the world through money and he will save america with the wall and figuring out the muslims. We need need to stop being unfair to him. Especially the media, the media is very unfair to him. He doesnt know everything yet. He will though, when it comes to a time for that to be important.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join