It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about a plane that apparently would hijack broadcasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
So in another thread, a member mention that there was a plane that would fly near other countries, steal their broadcasts and alter them.

Anyone have any information on this? He said he read about it in the 80's.

It wouldn't really surprise me all that much.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Imperium Americana

You're awesome! Thank you!

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

The EC-130. It doesn't "steal their broadcasts and alter them", but will take over radio (and tv I think) frequencies then broadcast information the US or a joint force wants to disseminate on there.

A couple common examples are broadcasting radio transmissions telling opposing forces that the US is coming and will destroy them completely in an attempt to get them to surrender/flee instead of fight (psyops), as well as broadcasting information about where/how/who can vote in a country's election like has been done in Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

There was the "Stratovision".

Wiki Article

Is about all I can come up with from a quick google search..

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

This was also in part of dropping leaflets as well.
Cyngnis and imperium american... star too.
edit on 21-3-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Yep, yep, yep, yep,yep to all those pictures. It was lost to me... I would have never had occasion to remember it again. I do recall a couple 'Pirate Radio' things going on in the late 80's one Pirate Radio out of the LA Inland Empire area, another was a ship at sea. Which also had a movie as I recall. So the two are unrelated ... But the one you speak of was for the most part well guarded for a time..

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Not so much modify them, as break in and show your own videos.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I knew there was a weak spot ..

“With the world going to a digital format, we don’t have the capability,” Rice says. “It’s purely analog.”

That dramatically limits the audience without proper tuning ability.

en.wikipedia.org...

After seeing this, I plead blond..
edit on 21-3-2016 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yes from one radio to massive broadcasts they can take over the airwaves

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well that's interesting. And I know of a few ways I could use this plane to cause some havoc.

There is now this video technology that's like photoshop for video.

You take a existing video taped person. Person A. And then a second person, Person B, can record video and have Person A composited over Person B.

In a psyop things could get interesting.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

You're talking about the same thing as the OP, did you click the link?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gfad

From what I gathered the article talks about the crafts mission. Which does include broadcasting video.

What I'm talking about is something that I came across recently. It's like a realtime photoshop but with Video.

It's called Face2Face. That aircraft and a spoof video of an enemy leader can cause some havok.

We present a novel approach for real-time facial reenactment of a monocular target video sequence (e.g., Youtube video). The source sequence is also a monocular video stream, captured live with a commodity webcam. Our goal is to animate the facial expressions of the target video by a source actor and re-render the manipulated output video in a photo-realistic fashion. To this end, we first address the under-constrained problem of facial identity recovery from monocular video by non-rigid model-based bundling. At run time, we track facial expressions of both source and target video using a dense photometric consistency measure. Reenactment is then achieved by fast and efficient deformation transfer between source and target. The mouth interior that best matches the re-targeted expression is retrieved from the target sequence and warped to produce an accurate fit. Finally, we convincingly re-render the synthesized target face on top of the corresponding video stream such that it seamlessly blends with the real-world illumination. We demonstrate our method in a live setup, where Youtube videos are reenacted in real time.

edit on 21-3-2016 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

animate the facial expressions of the target video by a source actor and

Wow - so anytime some one wants to blame a patsy for a murder all they have to do is Face2Face the patsy near the crime scene and pump it into the CCTV footage. From the sounds of this it will really fool the Judge and the Jury; pretty nefarious

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Oh yeah. I'm sure more than a few 3 letter agencies will be using that to discredit people.

I can imagine a few different ways how that could be used to damage someones reputation.
edit on 21-3-2016 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I can imagine a few different ways how that could be used to damage someones reputation.

"damage reputations" is an understatement; any opposing the "State" or Corporate bed partners of the State will be silenced.

top topics

join