It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton email reveals: Google sought overthrow of Syria's Assad

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Washington Examiner article

Messages between former secretary of state Hillary Clinton's team and one of the company's executives detailed the plan for Google to get involved in the region.

"Please keep close hold, but my team is planning to launch a tool ... that will publicly track and map the defections in Syria and which parts of the government they are coming from," Jared Cohen, the head of what was then the company's "Google Ideas" division, wrote in a July 2012 email to several top Clinton officials.

If already posted sorry for missing it.

It seems to me that Google really needs to step back. I get more and more scared of Google the more they get involved in politics. They're getting into the manipulation game, not that this is entirely new. Zuckerberg scares me too. Wants to store his money in tax shelters but influence how my tax dollars are spent.

Tech is scary enough without their fingers in world politics.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Just read about this on Drudge.
Spooky. Looks like Hillary had quite a little secret cabal set up.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
But Trump says mean stuff

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Great find !!!

Anyone interested in seeing the actual email released by the State Department (or doubting its existence)....

Hillary@bagmail/C05795577

Hillary was . . . _ _ _ . . .

edit on Mar-20-2016 by xuenchen because: bagmail

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This also opens a wide conspiracy door.

Reading the actual email, I wonder just *WHO* gets (got) an advantage from google tracking?

Hmmmm.

If ISIS knew where the defectors were .......

and the SD was "interested" ......

Hmmmm.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Just read about this on Drudge.
Spooky. Looks like Hillary had quite a little secret cabal set up.

I didn't even really think about any angle with Hillary, I know enough about her crap. Don't need to know any more.

I was more terrified by this continued expansion of what tech companies are doing. What is the oversight like? How do we know how involved they really are? Why do they need to be involved at all? If they will act in world affairs why not do the same here next? Getting scary how close and cozy they're becoming with the military industrial complex too. Alphabet Inc., perhaps, wants to be another alphabet agency.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
here's an aljazeera story from May 2013.....

Interactive: Tracking Syria's defections

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Don't forget who was among the donor-class elite attending the secret meeting to take down Trump a few weeks ago.

Apple CEO Tim Cook, Google co-founder Larry Page, Napster creator and Facebook investor Sean Parker, and Tesla Motors and SpaceX honcho Elon Musk all attended. So did Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), political guru Karl Rove, House Speaker Paul Ryan, GOP Sens. Tom Cotton (Ark.), Cory Gardner (Colo.), Tim Scott (S.C.), Rob Portman (Ohio) and Ben Sasse (Neb.), who recently made news by saying he “cannot support Donald Trump.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Here's why they are involved;
WikiLeaks' Julian Assange Warns: Google Is Not What It Seems

Nobody wants to acknowledge that Google has grown big and bad. But it has. Schmidt’s tenure as CEO saw Google integrate with the shadiest of U.S. power structures as it expanded into a geographically invasive megacorporation. But Google has always been comfortable with this proximity,” Assange writes in an opinion piece for Newsweek.

“Long before company founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin hired Schmidt in 2001, their initial research upon which Google was based had been partly funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). And even as Schmidt’s Google developed an image as the overly friendly giant of global tech, it was building a close relationship with the intelligence community,” Assange continues.

Source

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3
But Trump says mean stuff

Gotta love a good old fashioned false dichotomy.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

If Hillary is in bed with Google, I wonder how much they could accomplish for her, towards her election? Couldn't they push for her in something as simple as when you do a search on Google and the results make her look attractive and keep her at the front of your mind? Not to mention all of the other things that the have their tentacles into.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Google is most definitely the modern day Umbrella Corporation.

I'm not surprised to see google war hawking in their best interest.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Yes, I have read of the DARPA connection to Google several times. If that is true, it explains why some think Google is somehow supervised by CIA interests.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

She's a scumbag to the fullest. Mover and a shaker .

That's one chick i wouldn't mind drop kicking why? Call it pre crime . because if she gets in office i for see lots of innocent blood spilled.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Harder than she thinks.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I am still wondering if news like this will take her out of the presidential race ? At the moment she is the odds on favorite with the bookmakers

Hillary Clinton
2/5
Donald Trump
3/1
Bernie Sanders
22/1
Ted Cruz
28/1
John Kasich
33/1

Ladbrookes UK sports.ladbrokes.com...
edit on 23 3 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added Link