It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humming sound at night - Recording Included -

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra
I have a thread about this somewhere here. I hear it off and on at night, usually in winter. It will go for hours. Sort of like an idling engine that gets louder then quieter then louder again. It is annoying and disturbs my sleep, so I usually run a rain sounds app on my phone at night. It is a low frequency sound that not everyone can hear. It is known globally as "The Hum". A county near me spent money to try to find the cause. They thought it was a miscalibrated machine at a factory. The factory fixed it, the hum continued.

The Hum

It has been blamed on anything from machinery, underground boring (like for government secret bases), to tectonic plate movement to ocean sounds (even if you are 500 miles form the ocean).

Where to report

edit on 20-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It's between 125hz to 500hz it peaks around 250hz

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Sounds like the extractor fans used in hydroponic indoor gardening.
Sometimes vented into the attic to remove heat from the grow room.
They may be on all the time. Or, switch on and off via timers to coincide with the light sequences.
If more than one is being used. You might find the sound gets louder at different times as the timers switch the fans on and off.
Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Nothing to fear. It just the back-up generator for the Matrix?

Even the all and powerful Matrix demands some down time.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

So I ran the "isolated segment from recording 3" through some audio enhancement tools and was able to cut out everything except the continuos tone. I can upload the file if someone helps guide me through the process of uploading an audio clip! I found the main frequency to be oscillating at 240 Hz. I'm going to get a little nerdy now. American standard electric hums (known as Main Hums) fall at around 60 Hz (frequency). Now as you may know, sounds/tones of all sorts are simply created by vibrations in the air. Now considering the Main hums at around 60 Hz, I believe what you are hearing is simply the audible vibrations caused by altering magnetic fields within a nearby transformer, at 3 times the Mains frequency. Check these out.
Mains Hum
Magnetostriction

Your tone- 240 Hz / 2 = 120
120 / 2 = 60
60 Hz = Mains Hum

Why 240? Well I believe that it's simply a 3 X harmonic of the standard 60 Hz. However when running the audio through the analyzer, I did not find any audible tones oscillating at 60 nor 120 Hz. Usually, you'd be able to hear the lower harmonics and see them through the analyzer (in our case 60 Hz and 120 Hz). Maybe someone can shed some more light on it, but that's what I got for now!

edit on 21-3-2016 by kngfc because: I'm bad at spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kngfc

So I ran the "isolated segment from recording 3" through some audio enhancement tools and was able to cut out everything except the continuos tone. I can upload the file if someone helps guide me through the process of uploading an audio clip! I found the main frequency to be oscillating at 240 Hz.

You can go to filedropper.com which will open a page that looks like a search bar. Click the green Upload File button and navigate to and select the file.
Once it's successfully uploaded the page will display a pair of links you can copy and paste here to share the link with the rest of us.

As for your theory, I have a hard time believing it's something to do with the transformers and powerlines because it just doesn't sound anything like what I'm used to hearing from those; but until the sound returns I cannot do any more looking into its origin point.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Thanks! Here's the clip

Isolated Hum
edit on 22-3-2016 by kngfc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This happened to me the other night! It was late at night and it woke me up. It sounded extremely loud buzzing/vibrating either coming from my house or right outside my window. There's no busy street, no huge structures, nothing I've ever heard this loud.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I've been hearing the sound too.

I think some of us who are more sensitive to energy shifts, subtle stimuli etc.. pick up and feel it a lot more then most. So If anyone tells you you're crazy, or are too sensitive etc.. just dismiss it.

You're definitely onto something and hearing something from outside.

It happens at night here too.

There's a long list of possible explanations for what it could be, but I think this really started picking up intensity about 6 or 7 years ago when all the strange sounds in the skies, trumpets, rumbling, thundering type sounds started getting recorded on you tube from all over the globe.

We are going through massive changes clearly.. I'll be following your thread and I'll take note of what I'm hearing more to see if there are similarities.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Wasn't there a town in New England where there was a strange hum, and it turned out to be massive schools of fish?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join