It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adverse reaction to whooping cough, tetanus, diphtheria vaccination.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I had a 3 in 1 vaccine on Monday of this week to cover myself for tetanus, whooping cough, and diphtheria. I have a kid on the way, and consider this a necessary precaution. I am pro-vaccination, and don't for one second buy into the autism/vaccination theories that exist. This thread is not about that. I do however appear to have had an adverse reaction to this vaccine, and I am interested if others have had any similar reactions.

I received the vaccine on Monday morning, and for the rest of that day, and on the Tuesday I felt fine. I slept very well on Tuesday night (better than usual in fact), but woke on Wednesday feeling very poorly rested. The feeling persisted for all of Wednesday, and I also developed a mild headache. I had very low energy, and asked my mother to pick me up for dinner, rather than drive myself, this is how poorly I felt. There was also pain in my arm that day.

Thursday and Friday, I'm fine. I went to bed early last night feeling exhausted, but yesterday was a big day at work, so I had some justification feeling this way. This morning my partner commented on how well I slept last night, but today I have very low energy, and there is again a mild pain in the arm where I received the injection. I had done nothing all day, so I took myself out for a walk. On my return, I feel totally exhausted, and no doubt will have an afternoon nap.

I've heard of people having mildly adverse reactions after receiving a vaccination, and I don't consider my Wednesday tiredness to be of any major concern. It is not an uncommon side effect of this particular vaccine. I am however surprised to feel so tired today, with this pain in my arm. My health is generally robust (aside from occasional headaches/migraines).

Has anybody else had an adverse reaction similar to this from the 3 in 1 vaccine? It's possible how I feel today may be unrelated to my vaccination, but it is not dissimilar to how I felt Wednesday. I may actually feel worse, it's difficult to quantify as I was at work Wednesday and busy whereas today is the weekend, so it is possible I was more distracted due to work.

On topic comments are welcomed, but I do not consider this thread to be about the evils of vaccination.
edit on 19-3-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

I got it a year ago because I needed the Tetanus booster. I actually felt fine for the rest of the day, but woke up with chills and a fever the next morning. Next time I will probably skip it since I know it makes me sick. That or I will try to get a Tetanus only booster because that is the only one I want.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I stepped hard on a nail in the barn last week. I've had tetanus shot in the last 15 years I believe. I didn't want one though unless I needed it. I instead went immediately to soak my foot in hot water with a lot of Epsom Salts for one half hour. I then dried it well, put Neosporin on a cotton pad and bandaged my foot. The next day, very little pain in the injury considering the nail imbedded deeply in my foot, I monitored heavily for 3 days and each day my foot was better. So, no, I haven't any adverse reaction because I didn't get a shot.

As you are pregnant, the flu (B virus) is going around like crazy, sounds like your job is very busy and you received a 3 in 1 vaccine, it could be any number of issues related to how you're feeling. There are too many variables in your life to pinpoint to just one being the culprit of your not feeling well. It could have been a catalyst of all that you are dealing with. In and of itself, maybe nothing.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It's pretty common to get a charley horse from tdap.

The other thing is common to all vaccines, and it's why people who get the flu vaccine often relate that "It gave me the flu!" when that's not true at all.

When you are given any vaccine, the intent is to psych out your immune system into reacting to the dead or inactive factors in the vaccine that you are being immunized for. If it DIDN'T react to it, you wouldn't develop an immunity. That's why they add adjuvants, to provoke a bigger response from your immune system.

When that happens, your immune system goes on 'high alert' to the infection that's not really there. So you mount a response to contain and destroy the faux infection, complete with inflammation and a cytokine response that leaves you with a mild fever, malaise, and fatigue for a few days. If you didn't have that reaction, it's likely you didn't develop antibodies to whatever you were being vaccinated for.

Some vaccines are renowned for making you feel crappy. Others are specific to individuals - I get the pneumonia vaccine and I'm draggy for days whereas the influenza vaccine doesn't bother me.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Getting an active tetanus infection is a horrible way to die. I'd put it up there with rabies.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I'm not female, it's my partner who is pregnant. I probably could have made that clearer.

a reply to: Bedlam

Thanks Bedlam, that makes a lot of sense. I am curious why I feel fine for 2 days, and crappy on the third.

edit on 19-3-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

1 appreciates you sharing your experience with the TDAP vaccs. 1 has been observing it closely as well & shall observe this thread for more possible information shared on the topic... I too am not a all vaccs are evol fully believer. I do however understand some businesses associated to big pharma do not always have their customers best health in mind. And so at times many are basic test subjects for future products to be released in the market, who then fall victim to medical recalls or find themselves seeking financial support in courts due to chemical-device failure but by then they have been tested on...

Good luck and congratulations on your new born

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I received a TPaP shot after being surving an explosion. I suffered from depression my whole life but after 3 years of being off antidepressants I haven't felt better in my life, WELL after the TDaP within a few days I knew there was something wrong, my depression was back in full force including, frequent thoughts of death/suicide, sleepiness, panic attacks at a all time high and much stronger and all the other major side effects depression. I had a panic attack so bad I went back to the ER thinking i was having a heart attack,and they told me its a rare side effect and it will pass.

It ended up taking 6 months before I was back to my normal self. I hope you feel better and in a shorter period because I know what your going through and it sucks.

What really bothers me about the whole situation is they told me I was receiving a tetanus shot, they never mentioned the other 2 vaccines mixed in with it and I fell that was wrong. I learned my lesson ALWAYS ask what they are giving you and if possible try to do some research of it before accepting.

Thanks for sharing your story I hope you feel better sooner than later.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This is increasingly becoming one of the more controversial vaccines. For both reactions and efficacy. Google it.

And no, I'm not a raging anti-vaxer.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

Thanks Bedlam, that makes a lot of sense. I am curious why I feel fine for 2 days, and crappy on the third.

It takes a bit for your immune system to mount a response, you won't feel like hell for a bit.

If you're getting a wad of them at the same time, or if some of them are really provocative, you can feel really awful right away, trust me.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 772STi

What really bothers me about the whole situation is they told me I was receiving a tetanus shot, they never mentioned the other 2 vaccines mixed in with it and I fell that was wrong.

Pretty much the only way it comes, although I don't know why. Most hospitals carry a small amount of just TT vaccine, but you have to ask for it specifically.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
no vaccine for me but i caught the flu and it had really interesting effects on my body. I have never had the flu like this one. At first extreme back pain that moved to a full on head ache and body ache. then it changed to fever and shortness of breath. Food became impossible to eat for a day.However i never vomited. It was like the virus was evoling rapidly and doing different things. however the outward sight of me you could not tell because the worst part of it was I didnt perspire. I should say couldnt perspire. it felt like it was cooking my brain and body and the headache lasted for 3 days, making sleep almost a non option
If a vaccine could of stopped that i would pay money every year to never get it again. head aches felt like your head was in a vice, body aches felt like bones breaking. I have had bad flus before nothing comes close to this one.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I had a crappy reaction to the dtap too. I never had that kind of reaction to the old tetnus shots, I have had a lot of them. I got weak and actually produced a real lot of mucus for about two weeks. It started about two days after the shot. I still felt off for almost a month. I guess that reaction I had is actually a more rare but usual type of reaction to the dtap. If I would have taken the DT instead I probably would have not reacted like that according to my regular doctor. I had went to the outpatient clinic after cutting a bit of the tip of my thumb off. The guy did a really good job and I did need a tetnus shot.

I just won't ever get the dtap again. I have nothing against vaccines, but I will never get a flu shot. I have severe reactions to them, way worse than the dtap.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

It might be the ONLY time you ever had the flu. A lot of people think colds are influenza. With influenza, you rarely have any snot issues. Just a dry cough, pain, misery, shortness of breath, and misery. Did I mention misery?

I got the flu and mono at the same time once. I begged people to kill me.

A good rule of thumb is, if your nose is running, it's not the flu.
edit on 19-3-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I got bit by one of my patients in 2001 and had to go to the local urgent care for a tetanus shot. My throat swelled to to point I couldn't breathe before I got to the checkout co u.Terry. 17 days in the hospital and one visit from the CDC. No more for me.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I just turned down that exact same vaccine a few days ago.. Hope you feel better.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
you should always do research on anything you put into your body, even if it comes from a doctor, always read the inserts for the vaccines, your story is just one of many i hear about vaccines making people ''tired'' and ''sore'', yes im anti vaccination.
edit on 19-3-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam If my injury would have taken ANY turn for the worse, I would have high tailed it in and gotten a shot. Also, I knew I had one sometime in the last 15 years. I wasn't too worried. I had just done research on tetanus a couple weeks ago out of curiosity and knew if I experienced any problems with my foot, I would go see the doctor and get a shot, all would be well.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

people who get the flu vaccine often relate that "It gave me the flu!" when that's not true at all.

Maybe it doesn't give you the flu but it can make you sick just like the flu.

Piers Morgan has now developed flu-like symptoms after publicly receiving a flu shot from Dr. Oz

naturalsociety.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Here is a list of mild side effects. Maybe you had a reaction to an ingredient in it.

DTaP vaccine side-effects
Mild Problems (Common) Fever (up to about 1 child in 4) Redness or swelling where the shot was given (up to about 1 child in 4) Soreness or tenderness where the shot was given (up to about 1 child in 4) These problems occur more often after the 4th and 5th doses of the DTaP series than after earlier doses. Sometimes the 4th or 5th dose of DTaP vaccine is followed by swelling of the entire arm or leg in which the shot was given, for 1 to 7 days (up to about 1 child in 30). Other mild problems include: Fussiness (up to about 1 child in 3) Tiredness or poor appetite (up to about 1 child in 10) Vomiting (up to about 1 child in 50)
www.vaccines.gov...
Vaccine ingredients sorted by vaccine

side effects from exposure to formaldehyde:
Alters tissue proteins anaemia antibodies formation apathy blood in urine body aches cardiac impairment palpitations and arrhythmias central nervous system depression changes in higher cognitive functions chest pains and tightness colds coma constipation convulsions death destruction of red blood cells depression diarrhoea difficulty concentrating disorientation dizziness ear aches eczema emotional upsets fatigue foetal asphyxiation [SIDS, perhaps?] flu-like or cold like illness UTI gastritis gastrointestinal inflammation headaches hyperactivity hypomenstrual syndrome immune system sensitiser impaired (short) attention span inability to recall words and names inconsistent IQ profiles asthma irritability jaundice retarded speech pattern schizophrenic-type symptoms sensitivity to sound
vaxtruth.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join