It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV & Movie Adaptations from ‘Real UFO Cases’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: Tulpa

Thanks never heard of it before.

The Disappearance of Flight 412. is also currently on Youtube.

That starts with the Catalina Island 1966 UFO footage. (Although they seemed to have reversed it in the movie).

It was later proven to be a light aircraft flying across the sky on Arthur C. Clarke's TV show - Mysterious World when the film was enhanced and analysed.

You can also find this at the internet archives at:
archive.org...

Some of the others may be there too.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Thanks never heard of it before.

The Disappearance of Flight 412. is also currently on Youtube.

That starts with the Catalina Island 1966 UFO footage. (Although they seemed to have reversed it in the movie).

It was later proven to be a light aircraft flying across the sky on Arthur C. Clarke's TV show - Mysterious World when the film was enhanced and analysed.

The Catalina footage was interesting to look at, and at the end it stops suddenly and then after a bit continues on. I know of no light aircraft that can do that, and certainly not an airplane. It looks like a blob in the footage from being poor resolution. Doesn't look like a helicopter or a blimp, since a blimp can't suddenly stop like that.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Alien Abduction (2014)

Based "loosely" I guess around the Brown Mountain light phenomenon. Its pretty decent. Its actually on Netflix right now. Its another one of those Found Footage types of movies. I've noticed that UFO's and Aliens are becoming an intergral part of that Found Footage genre.

The Fourth Kind (2009)

Now this in my opinion was a damn good movie. It had some extremely intense moments in it. Its actually based around the "true story" of the Nome Alaska abductions (Abby Tyler etc) from 2000 I believe.
edit on 19-3-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

You can read Matty Beckerman's (the guy who wrote, produced, and directed "Alien Abduction") AMA on AboveTopSecret.com here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The Catalina footage was interesting to look at, and at the end it stops suddenly and then after a bit continues on. I know of no light aircraft that can do that, and certainly not an airplane. It looks like a blob in the footage from being poor resolution. Doesn't look like a helicopter or a blimp, since a blimp can't suddenly stop like that.

The footage was debunked back in 1980. Arthur C. Clarke called in a few favours to have the film checked at the JPL labs in Pasadena, California.

Dr Robert Nathan, an expert in the computer analysis of photographs, scanned each film frame and produced an 'average' scan of the image in the film with a computer. The conclusion was that the UFO actually matched a Piper Cub-type aircraft.

If you want to see the actual TV show then I can't find it on Youtube but it's available here :
www.dailymotion.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: StiffNeck
Dark Skies - Series(unfinished)

Wikipedia

IMDB

Yep Dark Skies weaved in a lot of UFO and conspiracy lore. Roswell, The Hill abductions, JFK assassination, MJ-12 and much more. Even Art Bell appeared in it. Despite it dying a death I enjoyed the series.

This clip sums up the premise of the whole series.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The footage was debunked back in 1980. Arthur C. Clarke called in a few favours to have the film checked at the JPL labs in Pasadena, California.

Dr Robert Nathan, an expert in the computer analysis of photographs, scanned each film frame and produced an 'average' scan of the image in the film with a computer. The conclusion was that the UFO actually matched a Piper Cub-type aircraft.

If you want to see the actual TV show then I can't find it on Youtube but it's available here :
www.dailymotion.com...

I agree it could easily be explained, but, and I add with all due respect, JPL is not an entity that will come out and say "Oh yes, here is a genuine UFO not made by man". There are a ton of things about JPL to not trust as a source for any truth to any unknown or suspect technology no matter who's it is, they would never divulge that information.

Saying JPL debunked anything is like saying the Army debunked Roswell as crash test dummies.

So I don't yet buy into it being debunked at all. For that to happen, I will need to research it much further for myself. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Had to have a little look and see for myself because that clip is right near the start of UFOs Are Real!
Couldn't confirm either way.
They keep showing the clip slowed down and even paused it at one point.
The commentator does state clearly that the cameraman said it stopped briefly, but impossible to tell from the footage, as shown. Will keep an eye on other DVDs. Just in case.
Cheers.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Taken (the TV series) 2002

en.wikipedia.org...(miniseries)

This series (IMO) was probably really close about how it all went down at Roswell..

I've never been so captivated by one tv mini-series ever!

And without spoiling it all I can say is they filled in blanks where I had questions for years..If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and see it.. you might be able to find it on U-tube..But more than likely are gonna either have to roll to Best Buy and pick it up via DVD or maybe be able to d/l it somewhere online, but I'm tellin' you right now, those blanks were filled nicely.
edit on 20-3-2016 by NWSaint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I agree it could easily be explained, but, and I add with all due respect, JPL is not an entity that will come out and say "Oh yes, here is a genuine UFO not made by man". There are a ton of things about JPL to not trust as a source for any truth to any unknown or suspect technology no matter who's it is, they would never divulge that information.

That's why I linked to the original TV documentary so you can make your own mind up.

Although Arthur C.Clarke seemed to react very badly after being shown the analysis and claimed to be done with UFOs afterwards.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NWSaint

I have a copy of Taken on DVD somewhere and have never managed to get around to watching it all.

Thanks for reminding me

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

That's why I linked to the original TV documentary so you can make your own mind up.

Although Arthur C.Clarke seemed to react very badly after being shown the analysis and claimed to be done with UFOs afterwards.

Of course, and I knew that. I have a feeling Arthur C. Clark realized that he would never be able to see anything real confirmed by anyone in authority, and that it just wasn't going to matter. This is true today still, although fewer people believe in just anything officialdom tells them about it.

Thanks for replying.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The Fourth Kind

IMO, the movie was excellent. Deep, distressing atmosphere through all the way. But, according to the sources, the missing people vanished due to excessive alcohol consumption/harsh weather conditions:

In 2005, FBI homicide detectives did in fact investigate the mysterious disappearance of 24 people that had taken place in Nome between the 1960s and 2004, which caused locals to initially think there was a serial killer involved.

According to the Anchorage Daily News, most of the victims were native men who had travelled to Nome from surrounding villages. The FBI determined there was no real reason to suspect a serial killer and instead came up with the explanation that, “Excessive alcohol consumption and a harsh winter climate,” were to blame for the disappearances.

Between the FBI dismissing the Nome missing people’s case as being due to “excessive alcohol and a harsh winter climate”, and movie producers ‘cashing in’ on the story by producing a fabricated tale about alien abduction, it is hardly surprising that the families of those who disappeared are upset about the lack of case closure.

According to the article in 2004, 3,323 people were reported missing in the state of Alaska, far higher than anywhere else in the country. Since police began recording numbers in 1988, they have received at least 60,700 reports of missing people in Alaska. Comprised of 39 mountain ranges, Alaska has 3,000 rivers, 5,000 glaciers and more than 3 million lakes, all of which, according to the LA Times, “offer nooks and envelopes for bodies to slip in and remain hidden forever.”

In Alaska, there are many ways to get lost and never found.

However, a more logical explanation behind the mysterious disappearances in Nome between the 1960s and 2004 is that Nome, being situated on a particularly remote edge of a state that is defined by its “rugged, lonely vastness”, is a place where there are many ways for people to disappear.

Because of that, there are many reasons the missing are never found. The odds are very good that none of those reasons have to do with aliens.

www.topsecretwriters.com...

No matter what he truth is, i think the movie was was very good!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: koperniguz

Great review koperniguz.

Sometimes the 'truth' is not stranger than fiction. But that shouldn't stop us from enjoying the movie.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NWSaint

Never saw Taken when it was on. This is the first time I've seen it recommended so I've just been on a "well known auction site" and got the box set for under £7. I didn't realise it was that long! Will report back. I'll try and do it all in one day.
Cheers
edit on 22-3-2016 by Tulpa because: went off to buy somethin

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Another brilliant thread MM! One that is right up my alley.

As some may know, I tend to remain agnostic on what phenomena may form the basis of UFO events, preferring instead to look at the narrative origins and stand out features of certain cases.

Time and again, I've found strong allusions to popular science fiction, and the respective production teams, embedded within later UFO stories. Most UFO incidents, regardless of what actually did or did not happen, eventually adopt a core narrative (of disinformation) pulled from a science fiction source concerned with aliens.

Rendlesham Forrest:
- The blue 'alien' container beams, military nuclear interference and later time travel elements = Star Trek: Assignment Earth - written by Art Wallace
- The binary code and blue light probes = Star Trek: The Motion Picture

Berwyn Mountain UFO Incident:
- UFO flushed out of the sea and Jerry Anderson's APEN Organisation = Gerry Anderson's UFO show and the SHADO organisation
- Tony Dodd, at one point brought the idea of bodies being recovered and transported. One of Dodd's central beliefs was that earth institutions were being infiltrated by human looking aliens. These aliens possess a malformed finger, as in Irwin Allen's "The Invaders".

In each case, I've found that despite the claims and excuses, the science fiction film or television shows came well before the alleged ufo event.

My own personal belief is that film and television science fiction is used as a quick way to provide a relatively consistent and detailed disinformation narrative. Such an approach allows rapid deployment of the alternative narrative without any of the "work building" or effort one would imagine is required for such a distraction.

I believe this to be an established disinformation strategy but not the only one. The second strategy appears to involve deliberate muddling of the facts and false witness testimony. This is always the second stage of a disinformation campaign but does not originate, as many people think, from government authorities. Rather, it usually appears in the form of destructive hoaxes and tests from other ufologists.

This is a slight detour from the thread, but I'm sharing it here because it has been a direct result of my own discovery of several science fiction threads in modern ufology, combined with what I consider a 'stage 2' campaign - APEN. I've recently discovered another connection between Berwyn and a very right wing individual which may well be responsible for the ongoing disinformation - with no need for any official involvement!

As such, here is my UFO Disinformation Process: "UFO Narratives: From Science Fiction To Infighting"

- Original Event occurs
- Stage 1: Counter Narrative - science fiction: a quick and easy decoy for most investigators
Many are distracted by the stolen 'plot'. A small proportion of investigators either stumble upon something relevant or are deemed easy targets for another type of campaign.

- Stage 2: Detonation: These investigators are given 'time bomb' revelations which are flawed, and then exploded to destroy the reputation of that investigator

- Stage 3: Perceived Insiders:
Out of this reduced pool, those who pass this stage are often invited to be "insiders" (a la Bill Moore)
- There is usually a notable change in the nature of these investigators' output versus the early years (we can all think of examples)

- Stage 4: Debunking.
Believing themselves to be insiders, these investigators both attempt to debunk what they see as disinformation and rival investigators, in an attempt to either curry favour with or panic their handlers into revealing more of the 'true core story' (we can all think of examples)

With that out of the way, I'll return to a film that nicely compliments this theory:

Official Denial: 1993 - Bryce Zabel

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Yes indeed. Ufology is in fact it's own worst enemy. Too many people involved feeding off false stories because it supports their beliefs.

By the way, you already know, but for those who don't; "Official Denial" is the film that is said to have influenced "Binary Jim" Penniston a witness from the "Rendlesham Forest" incident.

The story in the movie is about time travel and beings from the future visitng 20th century Earth. Something "Binary Jim" claimed in his hypnosis session around the same time the movie was being shown.

edit on 23/3/16 by mirageman because: correction

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

This can't be ignored.
Every time I've seen a case reported widely in the last ten years or so has a very noticeable "cloud" of fantasy around it. Sometimes it maybe only a tiny sentence or phrase.
Like on Family Guy when they put in a gag with a nod to Star Wars. You all KNOW its a Star Wars gag so no one needs to point it out but if you'd never seen Star Wars you'd miss the gag.
If you read Flying Saucers and the Three Men by Alfred K. Bender it may give you pause for thought. The narrative given in there has been repeated as truth by many since 1963.

I have no idea who gets the benefit or who may be behind it but if you've ever wondered how we got from lights in the sky to underground genetics laboratories, we need to pay attention to the facts that emerge after the Facts. It is this middle man who may have answers for some of our questions.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

It originally came out in 2002.. pay close attention to the 1st 5 episodes.. after that it's sorta' "eh", but those 1st 5 episodes will definetly make you think in a much broader spectrum.. best of luck to ya bra'.... and do enjoy!

en.wikipedia.org...(miniseries)

PS- personally, "Implants" gave me that "whoa" moment.. (at the lab, prior to the explosion, during the surgery.. I might as even go as far as saying it was one of those moments in life that said "ok, so what is science fiction, and what do we really know" ??)

NW.

edit on 23-3-2016 by NWSaint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: homeskillet
Night Skies.

Another Phoenix lights "inspired " horror movie. (I haven't seen it)

m.youtube.com...

I just watched this the other day. Made me jump a few times!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join