It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!! I Want THIS!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This is quite possibly the single greatest four wheel drive vehicle ever created!

Note - Turn your sound down!

Absolutely incredible!

I could put this thing to use in so many ways I can't even count them all!

Just AMAZING!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Does it have inside pockets??

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

That's REALLY kewl! I love how the front winshield just flips up. I'm guessing German or Russian?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I'm sold. But unfortunately it looks like a Russian military project, not a civilian vehicle.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

It's a Russian "Sherp".

And given my burning desire to explore far eastern Russia (up by the Arctic Circle), this would be the perfect vehicle to do it. My biggest challenge has always been how to navigate the widely varied terrain. I could also put it to great use here on the ranch in Colorado also.

It's powered by a Kubota diesel (which are bullet proof).

WOW!!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

It is likely based on a military vehicle, but these are actually being marketed to the civilian world.

The cost is about US $65,000.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Wow is right. 47,000…US dollars.

Purchase one

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Outfit it with a front and back wench, and a front scoop, and it would be a great machine to have for clearing pasture land of mesquite and cactus. Or just traversing the rough terrain of this general area.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't think that's too bad of a price...considering what it is, and what it will do.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'd never have to worry about going out to fetch newborn calves ever again. Never fails, always the worst possible weather imaginable...in the worst possible spot to get to. Wouldn't have to worry about mad, charging, momma's anymore either. Can get kinda spooky on the ATV sometimes (at night, in the driving sleet and snow).

edit on 3/18/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Holy God that is awesome!!! Someone needs to set up rentals of these up in Wisconsin or the UP. I know I won't be buying one, but I at least want to give it a whirl!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Me neither. I was surprised at how reasonable that was. Just don't get it stuck out there. The nearest parts house is a thousand miles away. You might need two of these to explore. This thing runs over water and over any terrain…

I can imagine island hopping off the coast in the Pacific Northwest.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Me either.

I've spent a hell of a lot more than that on tractors, and in some respects this thing would eat a tractor's lunch!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I want one too!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Me either.

I've spent a hell of a lot more than that on tractors, and in some respects this thing would eat a tractor's lunch!

Seems like most respects. Tundra, bogs, marshes, swamps, rivers, any season or weather.

The footage of it running thin ice, breaking through and paddle wheeling… or climbing over logs. It wouldn't matter what the beach it encounters, mud flats, boulders or driftwood.

Now all it needs is wings and a parachute.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I think it is reasonable;

Mamma always said,

"You can sleep in your SUV, but you cant drive your house
"

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Here's another video of the Sherp. (volume warning again though). This video shows more of the vehicle's capability.

This thing will simply go where NO other vehicle will go!

I can honestly say I've never seen anything quite like it!

AMAZING!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There have been variants of this vehicle around since the 60's, but none like this one. I'm surprised actually that it took so long to develop to this stage. I mean, swamp buggies have been around for ages (and in all flavors); the venerable old 6x6 amphibious ATVs have been around, but again, nothing like this. Most of those could deal with mud or water separately, but not both at the same time. And certainly not mud, water AND ice. Those vehicles of old would get stuck or sink in the terrain this thing is freely moving around in.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Does it have a soda holder, ac, and cruise control? Those I refuse to part with, even though I no longer drive.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That is about the cost of you mid ranged American car .

What happens if the vehicle stalls, does it sink?

Looks like it could easily flip.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join