It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man pours boiling water on gay Atlanta couple in bed; hate crime

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
You really can't make this stuff up. WARNING, graphic images. What in the heck is wrong with people today, and what the # are they thinking?

These poor chaps have 3rd degree burns and will be in for some painful healing. The story goes on to say that this is a hate crime, provoked by the two being gay.... sad times folks

Marquez Tolbert buried his face in his hands. His chest contracted with a stifled sob.

When he looked up, a patchwork of angry red welts became visible on the side of his neck. That’s where he was burned. His T-shirt hid the full extent of his injuries, the swath of scalded skin that now covers his entire back.

“The pain,” he told WSBTV Thursday, his voice cracking on each syllable. “You can’t sleep at night.”

Tears were in the young man’s eyes. He winced, wiped his cheeks with the back of his hand, then took a sharp breath, summoning the words and the composure to go on.

L I N K

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

this is the second boiling water thread i read today. Poor guys, i wish people can just do what they please without being targeted over such minor things.

hopefully it will just make them stronger and the attacker gets what they deserve

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Such an ugly, psychotic, inhuman thing to do. I hope those men heal whatever was broken in their souls and see how wrong they were.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
wow this is pretty messed up. how angry and mental do you have to be to think doing something like this is ok? another christian homophobe im guessing. religion is sooo last millennia

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
A despicable act and an affront to humanity. I hope they will seek counseling and realize that normal people don't act that way.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaDreamer
wow this is pretty messed up. how angry and mental do you have to be to think doing something like this is ok? another christian homophobe im guessing. religion is sooo last millennia

Obviously christian, if they were Muslim they would've just cut their heads off or thrown them from a tall building.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Horrible. There shouldn't - and for most of us, there isn't - a stigma attached to one's sexuality, but for the demon who did this, apparently there is. There should be a long prison term and forfeiture of all present and future assets and earnings (to his victims.) I hope the victims heal well, physically and mentally, and that the remainder of the perpetrator's life is destroyed, either already, or by the time he gets out of prison (if he should, unfortunately, make it out.)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

This guy is clearly not Christian. Did you even read about what happened? Sure doesn't sound Christian to me. Maybe you're confused. I can call myself an NFL Starting Quarterback - that doesn't make it true.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
My view on Homosexuality would be considered a conservative Christian perspective. There is absolutely nothing Christian about what happened here. There's no way one could have even read the Bible once and still think that this is something they are justified in doing.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
double post-sorry-
edit on 3/18/2016 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Oh this is just hideous,poor guys..so many hate-filled psycho's in this world who just Cannot seem to live and let live. Just atrocious
I wish them a full recovery,and much happiness in their livesno one deserves this just for their sexual orientation
!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Nothing says hate like boiling water.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Such an ugly, psychotic, inhuman thing to do. I hope those men heal whatever was broken in their souls and see how wrong they were.

Kali- When I read what You typed specifically :... 'I hope those men heal whatever was broken in their (plural) and see how wrong they (plural) were..." There are 2 (plural) victims and one (singular) suspect.

Am I and others to read that it is the victims(plural) that need to do some "Soul Searching" and not the accused attacker?

• Just for clarification purposes and not as a debate topic.

namaste
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: spellin fo paw

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

This is utterly despicable.

No motivation can justify such barbarity and as others have said in this thread already, there is nothing Christian about this action either. Inhuman, inexcusable, not to mention down right cowardly.

These people had the right to sleep safe in their beds, to go about their business unmolested when out and about, regardless of their sexuality, or any other damn thing. I hope the freedom hating scum who burned them gets precisely what he deserves as a consequence.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I was referring to the attackers needing to fix what's broken inside themselves. Being gay is natural, being hateful is not. My fault for the confusion, I thought there were two attackers as well.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I figured as much but thought I'd ask as it didn't read like Your usual reply.

Thanks for the clarification and not viewing the query as an attack.

namaste

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

Obviously christian, if they were Muslim they would've just cut their heads off or thrown them from a tall building.

Did you have anything to say about the article? Or did you just want to have a little anti muslim jab? Feel better now? So witty. So fresh.

As for the sicko im the article...i will never understand how someone can hate another person for being gay do much that they would harm them. Sadly lots of people will approve im sure

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I wonder if God wants that too.

End religion.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

End religion.

We can dream. One day maybe in 1000 years mankind will be free of the filth that is religion.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus
My view on Homosexuality would be considered a conservative Christian perspective. There is absolutely nothing Christian about what happened here. There's no way one could have even read the Bible once and still think that this is something they are justified in doing.

leviticus 20:13
"If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense"
Leviticus 18:22
"'Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

the bible is very clear on what to do to homosexuals....sounds very christian to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join