It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea launches ballistic missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Just when I get finished suggesting we should bring American freedom and democracy to North Korean leadership (I say that somewhat satirically) here they are launching missiles in direct defiance of the U.N. it is possible that Kim feels cornered at this point. I believe his threats should be taken seriously, he may believe he has nothing left to lose. Tell me what you all think, here is the article.

link

(CNN)North Korea launched a ballistic missile off the east coast of the Korean peninsula, the South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff said Friday. The South Korean military said it was closely tracking and monitoring the situation and maintaining a readiness posture for any North Korean provocation. The launch was confirmed by U.S. officials.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Missile made of paper? Cmon, no way they have nukes.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

It's filled with hungry dogs and his uncle's remains....

But seriously, I am thinking he didn't see when Clinton got on tv and laughed hilariously about "We came. We saw. He died." At some point TPTB are going to tire of him threatening to wipe out Manhattan.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is going to play out like the boy who cried wolf...
But only in reverse... soon as someone believes him...
And then North Korea is no more...
The military of North Korea needs to perform a coup d'état...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Granted there are some issues with NK, yet they have been under threat of invasion since the Korean War.

With NK we have a lunatic in charge of an arsenal and it is something to be concerned with, however SK and America are not exactly innocent when it comes to the development of NK into what it is.

The UN is a useless organization that condones genocide, much like we see the Turkish authorities currently unleashing upon the Kurds, I mean # they got away with their previous genocide against the Armenians, which is yet to be acknowledged by the benevolent UN.

Nk may be an evil dictatorship, however we need to face the dictatorships that we consider Allies before we can attempt to demand anything out of benevolence.

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331pmThursday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

And then North Korea is no more...

I hope not. Can you imagine the beautiful people we'd lose?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Heh
I'm not sure how to take that...
But I'm sure there are a lot of beautiful people there who wouldn't seem that way because of brainwashing and fear...
And I don't want to imagine the massive loss of life but the reality of this situation kind of dictates that I do just that...
Because the devastation would be total annihilation...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
bored bored bored of these threats, just do it already if your going to do it.

point is he isn,t going too so he should keep it shut unless he can back it up.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

You know, I used to see little kimmy as one crazy SOB, but after reading a few political threads here on ATS about Hillary and Trump, our little Kimmy is looking quite sane..... unbelievable!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Threat of invasion? You do know the Korean war never ended in a peace treaty but a cease fire only right? When you have Russia and China telling North Korea that their actions / threats of using nukes would be grounds for a nation to justify a lawful attack on their country one has to wonder how far from reality lil kimmy is.

If they feel backed into a corner that is the result of their own actions.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Koreans are HARD bitten emotional people. I don't think the Norks would do that.

join