It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunt Performer Catches Fire During Florida High School Pep Rally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Oh boyeeee- this looks like a civil lawsuit coming if I ever saw one. First off, who in the # allows ANYTHING to do with 'fire' in an auditorium of kids? If one of my children were burned because of this mishap, I believe that I would be on F I R E LITERALLY, no pun intended, or maybe...

Seriously, WTH were the faculty thinking, if at all. I believe the performers days are over and hope that he isn't too old, due to severity of the burns he suffered....

DELRAY BEACH — 11:30 a.m. update: About 2,000 people were in the room where the rally took place, authorities said Thursday.

A total of eight people, one adult and seven students, received treatment.The burned man, described as being middle-aged, was performing dunks with basketballs as part of the rally, which celebrated the start of spring break. A flame-creating device used with the dunks misfired, and fire burned the man’s face and spread to the floor of the room.

Performer on Fire

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

S&F for the info.

A flame-creating device used with the dunks misfired

I don't get it. A "flame-creating device"?! What the heck is a flame thrower doing in a school?!

Maybe it was one of those devices which entertainers wear on their wrist and which shoots fireballs? The point would still stand though: bad idea to bring that at a school.

edit on 17-3-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The pep rally was meant to get students excited for the upcoming Florida Standards Assessment FSA test.

Blistering Irony !!!!

It always pays to honor fire code standards.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen the 'irony' is right!!!!

a reply to: swanne IDK, I am still scratching head?

Thanks for posting!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Florida, always there to take the heat off Texas.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It Looks Like the Dude Threw the Towel (Which Also Caught Fire) Back On Him...
You Missed a Spot...He's Some More Fire.

edit on th03Thu, 17 Mar 2016 13:03:41 -0500K201634131pm3 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

S&F for the info.

I don't get it. A "flame-creating device"?! What the heck is a flame thrower doing in a school?!

Maybe it was one of those devices which entertainers wear on their wrist and which shoots fireballs? The point would still stand though: bad idea to bring that at a school.

And the school obviously approved the event.

I bet if I lit a sparkler inside the local high school here, I would be arrested and charged with attempted arson and risking a catastrophe.
What the hell were they thinking?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

S&F for the info.

He's one of those fire eating people acts. He was sitting on an inflatable slide and about to blow fire out of his mouth and up into the air when someone runs along the slide and jumps over him right at that moment. He loses his concentration and burn his own face, setting fire to himself and the floor.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Did he have an illegal " Fire arm " ?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Burn the desire to take those Common Core tests right into them ...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I bet he got a bit hot under the collar.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
What a tragic and totally preventable tragedy. It is really stupid to be playing with fire this way, and this is exactly why.

I was talking with one of the parents of the children that was there, earlier on Facebook, we were posting on the NBC Nightly News post on this. She said that her daughter was near the man who caught fire and she literally saw his nose melt off his face, and half of his face as well.

She said that because a lot of people were doing what they were doing here, finding all the wise-cracks and jokes they could think of about the event.

For anyone interested here is a link to the posts on FB:

www.facebook.com...
edit on 18-3-2016 by LifeisGrand because: (no reason given)

join