It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami woman killed a teen burglar as he fled her home, police say. Should she be charged?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I wonder how she feels now, outside the heat of the moment..I did read in the new link(thanks) that she was confronted by the teen. At this point still not enough info and would like to know more of the "confrontation"..depending on that info she possibly could have justification.
I agree with "play stupid games win stupid prizes", also comes to mind, "two wrongs don't make a right". not sure which applies here with the lack of info but I will keep an open mind.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

This is something that does not come to mind in a lot of communication and dissecting unfortunate events such as this one.

"the day after''

Every day for the rest of her life; no matter how short or long, I am betting that she will n o t ever forget that day and either

A. talk herself into believing that the shooting WAS justified; she will have to really embed this idea.
B. Regret the shooting, and ask herself each day if this could have been prevented
C. OR BOTH

Thanks for posting Von.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This will not be popular here (it never is), but my viewpoint: if they break into your house once, they may do it again. You don't know why they are there, only that they are there. And that if you make the wrong decision, you or your children may be hurt.

Once someone breaks into my house, Ill chase them down the street, across a valley, over a river, and around the mountain before I shoot them. Damn straight. Because if they were going to threaten me once, why won't they do it again? How do I know they aren't there to rape my wife? Or kill me on behalf of someone else? Or a former mental patient that has a bone to pick with either one of us?

I don't. So they will remain a threat until dealt with.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't think it is right morally to take a life but at the same time I could not convict her of any crime.

In places where LEO's are scarce and the law in general is disregarded, I would be more likely to use force. I cannot relate to living in a high crime environment. A person's psyche likely has to change to deal with amount of bad people that are around them. Trust crashes, stress increases.

If I had a bean bag or taser gun I'd definitely shot the perp then switched to a lethal weapon pointed on them prevent any funny business.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: PersonneX

Yes, with the minimal sentence possible. A murder is a murder, better solution will always exist.

Depends on the State. In Texas you can kill someone for trying to steal your property or even your neighbor's property. In other states it must be "fear of life" scenario.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Probably why crimes of theft of property is so low In Tx!!!

Thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No judgment here Tex!!

Thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Dunno, she shot him in the back as he fled. He wasn't an imminent threat to her life at that point.

((snip))

Per that article she "... shot him in the chest.”.. cbs Miami article states "Miami-Dade police said there was a confrontation and shots were fired"

If accurate, justifiable homicide... She should receive a medal and a parade held in her honor as a hero to humanity for cleansing the gene pool of a typical useless punk ass menace to society.

Nautika Harris, descendants articulately brilliant cousin, belched this delicious and logically amazing nugget: “You have to understand … how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school?.."

...lol... his money was in her house...

According to Nautika, if you got his money in your house, wallet, car... fu, he goona get his money... and if you bought groceries with is money?.. you best make him a sandwich and hope your girlfriend / wife /sister doesn't have his pussy between her legs

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GovtFlu

Per that article she "… shot him in the chest.”.. cbs Miami article states "Miami-Dade police said there was a confrontation and shots were fired"

Thanks for the correction. I won't agree with what else you said, but I would like to say, I love your avatar.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join