It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-stripper judge found dead inside Nevada home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well. This is interesting. Any time a Judge expires, there is an extensive investigation. Being as though she is in Vegas, I'm sure she oversaw many types of trials.

Maybe some of our more seasoned 'Law' members can collaborate on this, in Layman's term...

May she RIP.....

An ex-stripper who went on to law school and later was elected a judge was found dead inside her Nevada home Sunday, The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

Her body was discovered during a welfare check, the report said, and authorities do not suspect foul play.

Municipal Judge Diana Hampton, who was 50, was known by colleagues as a hard worker and appeared to be the perfect picture of health. Her death shocked colleagues, one of whom told the paper he planned to have lunch with the judge this week.

Hampton, who served as a municipal judge for more than a decade, worked with youth in the community to discourage them from crime.

L I N K

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Do you find it annoying that even though she went to law-school and bettered herself...even being elected to judge...she still gets defined by the media as an ex-stripper. I know I wouldn't want to be defined by my worst life decisions no matter what I did later in life.

Interesting article. She sounds like an amazing person.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Do you find it annoying that even though she went to law-school and bettered herself...even being elected to judge...she still gets defined by the media as an ex-stripper. I know I wouldn't want to be defined by my worst life decisions no matter what I did later in life.

I agree. She got herself out of that life, which is hard to do, and made a better space for herself and others. Why have that hang around your neck forever? Question I have is: "Health and welfare check"? Cops don't do that at random. Somebody called it in.
edit on 3/16/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Who's to say those were her worst life choices...to me they seemed like some of the better choices that led to her being able to afford the education she wanted. It paid off too...since she actually practiced law for quite some time apparently. Although I do get what you mean...we all know the media didn't mean it like I just explained it...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It seems probable that if someone did have reason to suspect there was something wrong, they would have been closely connected to her work, well enough to know her schedule. A colleague, or a lawyer, or an assistant or secretary. They would ordinarily be the first to realise something was amiss, especially if the woman was as hardworking as is being suggested.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Question I have is: "Health and welfare check"? Cops don't do that at random. Somebody called it in.

Maybe she hadn't shown to work, missed appointments?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Metallicus

I agree. She got herself out of that life, which is hard to do, and made a better space for herself and others. Why have that hang around your neck forever? Question I have is: "Health and welfare check"? Cops don't do that at random. Somebody called it in.

Somebody could have called the police because she hadn't been seen in a while or missed an appointment.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I Am actually saddened by this story Met. She does / did sound like an incredible human being; with an amazing story. Such a tragedy.

Thanks, as always for posting. ..

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

how do you know it was her worst decision in life? She may of been proud of it.
Also think from a journalist pov,

.....I need a head line, hot judge who used to strip is found dead......suspicious circumstances......City of Sin...... Mob...... gOT IT!!!!

top topics

join