It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior GOP official admits they, not the voter, chooses the nominee

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
He is saying what we've knew all along. Basically the voters are wasting their time. Stalin was right.

" "The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That's the conflict here," Curly Haugland, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota, told CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Wednesday. He even questioned why primaries and caucuses are held".
www.cnbc.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

This is not the least bit surprising. The only surprising part is that more people are not aware enough to put a stop to it.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just give up on trying to convince those that can not yet see this for themselves. This is one of those things that much like a drug addict the person has to want to change for themselves and you will never be able to convince them. Some folks just absolutely do not want to wake up and challenge their beliefs because doing so opens their eyes to a scary world that they do not want to believe in. Anybody can go to the official electorate college website and clearly read for themselves where it says this albeit not in simple layman's terms but it does state this very fact.

You would think that would be enough for people but it is not. Sorry if I seem cynical here but I have been trying to point this out to people and open up their eyes for years but they just don't want to hear it. Hell even my friends who are also conspiracy minded still refuse to accept this as fact, instead they talk about "well that's why you have to vote so we can change things" and I'm like blank faced in awe of the ignorance before me. American politics really is comparable to WWE wrestling or sports, people pick their guy or their team and defend them aggressively no matter what the truth of the matter is.
edit on 16-3-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I thought that was well understood by everyone, I have known that for around forty years. I actually used to know a couple of congressmen and they tell you if you ask them..

Not all people can run for president in a party, the party has to approve you to run. The whole choice of who you get to choose from is rigged.

I don't know why people are so blind that they can't see that.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
And as angry as people are, if they pick anyone other than someone people voted for, you are looking at president Hillary or real revolution or third party.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The GOP has been incredibly dense when it comes to Trump and why he is getting so much support.

But if they try more shady crap at the convention it will be the spark that ignites a very big fire.

Thing are getting very interesting.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I don't understand why ATS members are surprised. It is brought out by several conservative posters that we are a representative government, not a democracy. That is why who you vote for is important. From village to national.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I think it's just being noted cause they came out and said, what people here have known for a while. While I don't think it take reading between the lines or any really deep digging. Just coming strait out and saying to the general public on a MSM outlet.

I do wonder why they would just come out and stay something like this. I don't see what they have to gain from saying this now. But this election is going to be an interesting one.

Here are more detail on the background of the person that made the statement.

Curly Haugland

edit on 17-3-2016 by ObjectZero because: link

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I don't know why people are so blind that they can't see that.

Because about 85% of people get all their knowledge from ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX and MSNBC, and like Haugland says, the media creates that perception. MSM, in accordance with TPTB, know a majority of people are ignorant of how the world really works, and think they actually have a say in our elections.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I hope this gets people pissed. It is beyond the point were the corruption is obvious. I think we won't see any change until the camel's back breaks. We need to take the country back and fire all of these white house crooks.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicSmack

I hope this gets people pissed. It is beyond the point were the corruption is obvious. I think we won't see any change until the camel's back breaks. We need to take the country back and fire all of these white house crooks.

The people in Government get their orders from the Corporations. How are the people going to take the country back from the people that employ the electorate, control the media, control the distribution of money, food, energy...everything. There's the source of power, not the WH.

Go ahead and be pissed, but be advised; Trump compared to the corporate oligarchy is a light weight and won't do Jack ****

See the problem?
edit on 17-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicSmack

You're right, but unfortunately nothing will happen. For the most part, the great majority in this country talk a good game, but are for the most part apathetic, satisfied as long as they can sit on the couch watching Netflix and playing Candy Crush on their iphones. There will never be anything akin, to say, an Arab Spring here. But some of the 7.8 million people who voted for Trump so far could get upset if the nomination is taken from him in a contested convention if he's still the front runner by July. His talk of riots could come to fruition, but don't count on it. We'll just accept to coronation of Queen Hillary and go on with our lives.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Don't make this just about the GOP.

Clinton and her 'super' delegates.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And as angry as people are, if they pick anyone other than someone people voted for, you are looking at president Hillary or real revolution or third party.

Who will be the targets in a "real revolution"?

Third party is a good idea however!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well I found out HOW they are oing to screw the DOnald over. They wre trying to pass a amendment to the GOPs rules that will allow past nominees the ability to run at the convention for the delagates again.

Delagates to pass amendment in GOP

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: ketsuko

Who will be the targets in a "real revolution"?

Third party is a good idea however!

TArgets in a real revolution? the GOP and DNC leaderships along with the bilderburgs and bankers. Nooses and gunshots for all.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

well that sucks, i rather go down fighting personally then be a slave.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It says it is a GOP problem:

"Haugland stressed to CNBC,the rules to receiving the nomination are straight-forward, "There is no winner take all. No 1237. Republican rules forbid that. The nomination power rests in the hands of the delegates."

"The rules require the delegates to choose the nominee. Not the primaries or caucuses. I am a rules guy. Rules are rules. When in session, the GOP convention is the highest authority of the Republican Party. People don't understand that. All rules are up for consideration."

I cut and pasted that.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Delagates to pass amendment in GOP

Talking head: Then why are we holding the primary?
Porky Haugland: That's a very good question

haha

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join