It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing video showing Alabama mother apparently high on drugs while baby cries leads to arrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is a disturbing video, in more than one way. First off, synthetic drugs to get high don't seem to be the best alternative.

Secondly, this poor baby crying and screaming for mommy... discusting. I hope she will never again become the guardian. Third and fourth take away;

Whoever videoed this sick behavior should be rewarded, OR should they go to jail as well? Who the # videos this sull bhit, and posts it on FB anyway????

Say NO to drugs

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

When in the depths of a cycle of addiction, addicts are not in charge of their faculties. Akin to being in the passenger seat of a car, the drugs in the drivers seat. You're just along for the ride.

Not justifying this behavior, just being analogous.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well that brought me to tears.

As a mother myself, I can't imagine any other mother not wanting to be the absolute best for their child.... So i feel horribly for both the mother and the baby.

Clearly her addiction to getting high has taken priority over her child, and so while it breaks my heart to say it, I agree with you when you say you hope she loses custody.

That baby, and every baby for that matter, deserves better.

While I know the odds aren't in her favor, I hope the mother gets the help she clearly needs, and recovers so that one day she can have a healthy relationship with her baby, and be the role model every child needs in a mother.

-Alee
edit on 3/16/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

What kind of drugs even do that to someone? Who could sit there and film that?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct
Wow that was intense. I was an opiate addict for many years. But have been clean and sober for 3 years this june. I dont even drink.
Life is to beautiful to waste like that. Once i realized that, i never looked back.
she looks like she is nodding out yet having body seizures at the same time. The swaying of the head reminds me of a heroin addict. But i never seen someone perform a tap dancing show while nodding out. Maybe she injected to big of a speed ball?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

No parent should be out of control on drugs while caring for their children. Even if she didn't have any children, those drugs do NOT look like fun. It appears that whatever she took was such a bad idea that just about any street drug would have been a better idea.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Disgusting. Could have been a scene from Breaking Bad.....

I have said before, and will say again, there are unfit parents in this world.
I'm glad that in this case the baby was removed. Foster care and CPS are not great, but that baby needs a better caregiver.

From the time I decided to try to get pregnant, I did not smoke or drink. Was completely sober - when you become a parent, the CHILD is the main priority.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I just don't get what possesses someone to even start taking hard drugs.

When does someone say, "Gee, snorting coke sounds like a good idea!" or "Hey, let's go smoke some rocks. That would be fun!"?

With all the crack zombies and toothless meth heads I've seen growing up, at no point did I ever think to myself that taking drugs would be cool, fun, or worth trying. I mean you have to be a complete idiot to not see what it does to you.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
She was doing spice (read the article folks).
I would have said I was simply meditating.

But she might have admitted it because she realized she is needed some authority to straighten her out..surprisingly enough, this does happen when decent people start doing indecent things.

Sad state of affairs, but on the other hand, we now have a drug called spice, which makes my dune fandom happy.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
yeah..put them in prison, i'm sure that will help everyone involved.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is an advert against drugs.

The kid should be taken away from her. Nice of the person with the camera to lend a hand. Very sad seeing how some people live.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I wish people would make a conscious choice, Hey I am going to live a # life and do gutter drugs, therefor I shall refrain from having children, but no, they want someone to love them, so they they think I'll have a baby, it'll love me, and it'll force me to get my # together.

Disgusting, I hope she wants the change, if not, expected.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hopefully the child and her get the help they need for a better life. Spice is horrible drug. And no I'm not saying that just because I support marijuana and feel if it was legalized people wouldn't put this trash in their bodies instead because it's readily available/legal. Nor am I saying it's the only blame, the parent needs help as well. Look into this synthetic drug, it is really harmful. One Source

top topics

join