It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Page width on forum index page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Would it be possible to make this index a little more narrow? I often browse on a computer with a horizontal resolution of 1024 and the page width in the css looks to be about 1030 pixels wide. This results in the column with the hot topics, staff members, etc and the column with the forum indexes to stack on top of each other, and results in about 9 page downs worth of content that has to be scrolled past to get to the forum links.

It has been this way for a few weeks now, but with the recent css changes this seemed like a decent enough time to bring it up.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I have the same resolution as you yet no such problem. Zoom settings, resolution and font size variables can all cause those symptoms. Resolve them...at least to see...it may be your issue.

Good luck

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Zooming out does fix it, but that makes the text small. At a 100% page zoom there's a problem. The page shouldn't have to be viewed at 75% zoom or whatever the first tick out is in Firefox for a proper layout. I use default font sizes, and as I said 1024 horizontal resolution.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

If half has been corrected...it wouldnt hurt to try larger font sizes to see if it balances out.

All this is kinda deep stuff to bother with because I just do nothing special, have no special devices, and never have such issues.

We do though have to once in a great while adjust our pages, fonts and resolutions.

Good luck to you. Let us know when you resolve it so others can benefit!

Thanks

edit on 15-3-2016 by mysterioustranger because: durn phone...or too fast fingers!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Everything should fit normally.

This is a forum index in a 1024 wide browser (Chrome) window:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Everything should fit normally.

This is a forum index in a 1024 wide browser (Chrome) window:

I'm talking about the page that lists all of the forums.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

This one?

Also in a 1024 browser.
edit on 15-3-2016 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

That is not how it looks on mine. I can take a screenshot if you would like. If I zoom out a bit it will fit like that, but at the default zoom level it gets a second vertical scroll bar on the side and that's just wide enough to screw up the page layout. Using Windows 10, Firefox 44.0.2, with default font sizes. It also happens with my Linux install on the same machine, it doesn't have the extra scroll bar in that case but the layout is equally messed up. It is only on the /forum/index.php page and only when logged in, when logged out it appears as it should.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I wonder if it's the paypal bar? I'll do some tests.

new topics

top topics

join