It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England Needs More Permanent Gypsy Sites

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm only able to judge on those I've met and I've always found travellers to be alright. There's a permanent community in my local area with many children attending the local school, they're on the whole good as gold.

Clearly those who 'invade' public land can cause problems but for christ's sake, lets live and let live. If they break the law, arrest them, otherwise leave them alone. If they want permanent sites, build them, if not - don't!

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Haha see what I mean, they don't care. And did you notice how fast the police were to react? They took ages cos they know the gypsies will keep driving to the next county and they will become someone else's problem for a few weeks. Its a waste of paperwork for them to actually catch a pikey so they let them go

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think true Gypsies were ancient and take their name from Egypt. Something to do with the Exodus and the connection Egypt has had with the British Isles. Romany are a more recent arrival.

Scota was the daughter of a pharaoh and sought refuge in Scotland, from whence it got it's name. Not that that has anything to do with anything.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0010110011101
I'm only able to judge on those I've met and I've always found travellers to be alright. There's a permanent community in my local area with many children attending the local school, they're on the whole good as gold.

Clearly those who 'invade' public land can cause problems but for christ's sake, lets live and let live. If they break the law, arrest them, otherwise leave them alone. If they want permanent sites, build them, if not - don't!

Agree'd, there are several traveller sites in the new town I used to live in and there was quite a bit of friction at first but mostly they are simply people with a different way of life.

Some other commentor's have had issues with them and experience bad happening's which I know to be the truth but I believe that these bad elements are not the majority of them.

That said let's have a look at one incident, Slavery, Many of us will remember this and were all that outraged that we all felt like throwing them on the bonfire because of this, how could a community of people turn a blind eye to those in there midst acting in this manner, simple they are clan's and clan's are extended family, they also do not turn one another in no matter what they do though they do have there own internal justice when one of them harms another.
www.independent.ie...
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Those you speak of are the one's I wish to see no harm come too, people are people but there community is by nature anti social due to the fact they have evolved as a society to use what is not there's and act like human magpies - this is not a bigotted observation many in there community will litterally steal anything they want such as clothing off of washing line's etc.

Long before I worked security I used to be a rather well built young man whom would do five set's of fifty pushups before breakfast (I had a big confidence problem) every morning (but despite how I looked I was daft as a brush though as we say and would never harm anyone except to defend others).

Now we had a newsagents shop, a small privately owned store just opposite were we lived in Old Skelmersdale, at the time there was a problem with a group of Travellers whom had taken up squatting in the adjacent industrial estate and were using the local underpass as an open air toillette, now as well as burglaries rising through the roof they were litterally jumping over the back garden fences in broad daylight and stealing people's washing from there clothes lines.

I was on my way to work for the evening shift and as I walked into the newsagent's the old guy whom owned it looked at me with a look of relief and the fear litterally washed from his face, there in the shop were over a dozen of these travellers and I simply asked him aloud so that they could hear me if everything was OK, he said yes but I stayed with him and watched, they were not asked too leave but simply put down the items from his shelves they were picking up and walked out so presumably they were not going to pay for them and felt that with me there to back him up it was not worth the trouble anymore.

Now I have relayed this because while I am not prejudiced against them some other posters seem to think that I am pro traveller while I am actually neither for nor against, any site would be a matter for the local community to dispute and I do think the government should never have taken the choice out of the local community's hand's as they did because these sites do cause serious problems for already established community's and near by resident's even in rural community's.

And to be fair Skelmersdale the town I speak of was one of the 1960's planned new town's and ended up being an overspill for Liverpool and despite it's small size it has always been a tiny bit rough in some part's of the new town so when the travellers sites were set up in that town and the nearby area the people were more than able for any trouble having already several problem area's in that town with there own homegrown issue's.

I also know for a fact that the English Roma community (English Gypsy's) can actually be very cruel to there horse's, horse trading is a tradition amongst them and they have more money than you would think, a lot more money and also it is correct they DO NOT pay tax's, if they don't have a birth certificate they fall into this catagorie.

Freemen
Despite this wiki commentor the city of london makes ample use of Freemen rights in which it's banking and insurance institutions are treated as Freemen and so get away with financial skullduggery all the time so the principle is actually correct and not a made up one, it stood for centurys but now there is an attempt to remove the rights from all but the city of london itself and this would see those Gypsy's suddenly have to caugh up there due's but let's see how it goes as the city of London does not want the boat rocking too much.
en.wikipedia.org...
This is suppressed information with the British Government trying to hide information about it, litterally a freeman is not bound by county courts and are only answerable under crown law to the Crown court and the high court within the limitation's placed on the crown (government) by the rules of the magna carta, in other word's freeman have right's and can contest the law while a person whom is SUBJECT with a birth certificate is bound by those laws of SUBJUGATION.

These laws and legal rights however only apply to those born in England and not issued a birth certificate since they are FREE BORN, they do not apply to Irish travellers whom are foreign and fall under that catagorie, English traveller whom were issued a birth certificate (And presumably an NI number) as they are bound by crown and country court law.

Scotland has a different set of law's and wales fall's under crown rule with many stupid laws such as the right to kill and Welshman if he steals your cow still on the statutes (Sometimes it is best to ignore old definitions but if they did that with the Freeman definition then the City of London would have to pay it's full due share of Tax and wipe out the national deficit in a couple of week's so they are not going to abolish Feeman law's).

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Clearly those who 'invade' public land can cause problems but for christ's sake, lets live and let live.

Unfortunately, when they invade public land they break the law. Illegal travel sites are a real pain for the communities they (the travellers) choose to "invade". I am sure many are law abiding, but when they arrive the thefts start to happen. There is a direct correlation (in my area) to fly-tipping, rubbish, break-ins and thefts.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
I think true Gypsies were ancient and take their name from Egypt. Something to do with the Exodus and the connection Egypt has had with the British Isles. Romany are a more recent arrival.

Scota was the daughter of a pharaoh and sought refuge in Scotland, from whence it got it's name. Not that that has anything to do with anything.

Sorry that is bunk (NOT TO CRITISCIZE YOU, I have seen that theory before and that argument is wrong though there are those whom truly believe it, they are the same crowd whom believe the English royal family are the house of David) , Scotland got it's name from the Influx of Scot's into CALEDONIA between the mid 7th to the 10th century, the Caledonians are the Pict's (Albion's) whose bloodlines are still strong to this day, the Scot's whom were mainly Irish Gealic Celts with more than a bit of Danish and Viking ancestry thrown in are the origin of most modern Scot's today, there came a time when the fiece but outnumbered native pict's were outnumbered 2 to 1 by the new arrivals whom were just as fierce but also larger men so a treatis was formed between them and the Pict princess married the Son of one of the Scot king's then the people's were united under a common rule becoming the Scot's we know of today.

Now I said the scot's had some Danish and Viking ancestry, I myself am a Mac so once did a little research, it turned out that the Mac/Mc clans were gaelified probably Nordic/Danish settlers whom had integrated into the irish people going native, remember the irish had never been conquered by the Romans and there warrior traditions were broadly similar and a large part of this ancestry of mainly danish blood came via North West England and South west Scotland were the Danish on the back of the Saxon invasion's had established there own community's as well as settling the isle of man and establishing city's such as Limerick in Ireland (Brian Beru lead a successful uprising against the Danish but that is Irish history), Now under nordic law's and probably the Danish pre christian one's too only the Eldest son could inherit and so the younger son's had a choice - work for him as a servant or set off looking for more land to settle and claim as there own so of course ireland looked tempting, they did not conquer but did settle and later for whatever reason, maybe the impetus of there earlier expansion still rolling under the inertia of a population explosion, they headed into Caledonia.

It is therefore ironic that there is a monument in Scotand to the defeat of the viking invaders by the Scot's when in fact it took more than a little Danish blood in the scot's themselves to do it.

edit on 13-3-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
Your regurgitating academic lies designed to hide true history.

edit on 13-3-2016 by Robert Reynolds because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Robert Reynolds

When they've fixed the glitch you'll have plenty of interesting reading here relating to that subject. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I've known a washing line to be cut at each end for fast theft of four children's clothes. There were other thefts that night and they were gone in the morning. And that was after they'd been helped because their caravan had been burned by a mob at their previous site.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

They turn the place into a dogs dinner. Any place they arrive, they seem to turn up overnight like a mushroom patch. Then broken fridges, cookers start appearing all around the green space. Then it's old mattresses with bits of fabric and plastic bags being blown around, plus the odd bonfire to burn old bits of wood palette. Neighbors start complaining of thefts of anything left in sheds or open garages. Garden ornaments will start disappearing too along with manhole covers on road, lead on roofs and any cables.

There was a guy at my workplace whose family had four vehicles. There's very little in bus services in Central England, so everyone has to drive. In one month, every few weeks, they found the petrol being siphoned out of their cars. After the second time, they went to the car dealer and got car alarms fitted. Few days later, in the early hours of the morning all the car alarms went off almost instantaneously. They went down and found the paintwork of the cars had been scratched in revenge.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I do not know why the Government will not build some American style trailer parks on a huge scale miles from anywhere for people like this and refugees coming in to the country .

Everyone wins then

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

The UK is not as big as the USA, so building trailer parks is not that easy.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

No it doesn't.

More crime .. more anti-social behavior..

No Thanks.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: stonerwilliam

The UK is not as big as the USA, so building trailer parks is not that easy.

There is tons of room in some parts of the uk , you could construct whole cities in parts of Scotland with all the empty space same with Wales .

Cheaper than paying slum landlords for migrants if they were put in trailer parks well out of the way ,ditto with the Gypsy's keep them away from built up areas

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I think there would be less crime with more permanent sites and stronger policing.

Near here a farmer's horse trailer was stolen. Two days later he saw it at a local travellers site. He told the police, who said, "We can't do anything because they're travellers."

He got an armed posse together and they went down and took it back with no resistance. This is the lack of manhood shown by many travellers. They know we are driven into a situation where we have to shoot them, then it's big legal trouble for us. Those types are cowards who hide behind the protection of the police who they despise.

We shouldn't have armed posses of farmers going onto traveller sites in Gloucestershire to take back stolen property. Political correctness is to blame.

edit on 14 3 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I do not know why the Government will not build some American style trailer parks on a huge scale miles from anywhere for people like this and refugees coming in to the country .

Everyone wins then

They would not stay ...what makes you think they would ?....the reason they dont own property in the first place is they do not want to be tied down with ownership...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
England Needs More Permanent Gypsy Sites

Sounds like a Halloween party over there in UK

There alere plenty of sides maybe your computer is not hitting you enough with valuable information

People really could learn a thing or two about the Gypsy Ops culture

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
In Romania which is today named after them

Romania and Roma have different etymologies from different languages (Romania from the romance languages, Roma from an Indian language). The phonetic similarity is just a coincidence.

"Romania" is linked back to "Rome" and reflects the history of Dacian integration into the Roman Empire.

"Roma" is linked back to (most likely) Sanskrit and refers to a low caste of travellers, or a similar term from another Indian language. I forget exactly, it's been a while since I last had this discussion.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

In Spain where there is a STRONG gypsy presence and has been for centuries, neighborhoods where they have settled down have done well for themselves.

Yes, their laws are supreme, and their customs leave the rest of us scratching our heads, BUT they have integrated somewhat.

You guys need to leave them be, but establish areas where they can own property and so encourage their clans to settle down around them.

Who cares if they are semi autonomous.

Once you remove the nomadic aspect to their lifestyle they start adopt other integrating traits like business ownership, WORKING, LOL, and so on.

They will never lose their flavor of life.

I think the Gypsies there, though slightly different ethnically by now are close enough of an approximation that taking such a working model would be beneficial.

edit on 3 14 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

In Spain where there is a STRONG gypsy presence and has been for centuries, neighborhoods where they have settled down have done well for themselves.

Most of the issues in the UK are with Irish Travellers, not Roma gypsies. Essentially council-estate trash who bring their council estate with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join