It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sled Dog Killed, Others Injured, After Snowmachiner Plows Through Iditarod Sled Team

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sled dog dead after snowmachiner attacks Iditarod teams
www.alaskapublic.org...
March 12, 2016

In Saturday’s early morning hours, a snowmachiner repeatedly tried to harm Iditarod veterans Aliy Zirkle, Jeff King and their teams outside of Nulato, according to an Iditarod press release, killing one dog and injuring several others.

“Last night, about 12 miles before I arrived to Nulato, one of the many snowmachines that were on the river struck my team at high speed,” King said. “It did not hit my sled or me – and I am fine, I was not hurt in any way – but several of my dogs were hit. One was killed; one’s leg was broken, appears broken; and one is in serious condition with shock and impact.”

How sad and disgusting this non-caring, dis compassionate individual riding the snowmobile was. I hope that idiot gets what he deserves and gets nailed by justice hard for this act of animal cruelty and disregard for snowmobile safety.

edit on 12-3-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: changed title

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Sounds like a story that the victim may have learned that carrying a firearm can prevent such hateful crimes.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I can't even fathom why someone would do this,except perhaps to disable the teams so a rival could gain ground. I don't know the culture there though,or their feelings about the annual race. Could have even been someone riding drunk. So sad for those poor puppies.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Sounds like a story that the victim may have learned that carrying a firearm can prevent such hateful crimes.

The side arm could have prevented the snowmachiner as a warning to back off...however, who is to know what would have happened to the snowmachiner if they hit the dogs anyways ignoring all warnings from the gun carrier?

I would assume shooting the person doesn't necessary accomplish the justice, but what the heck, a little rough justice would be nice in theory

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

there are a lot of hungry bears up there that would appreciate a donation of d bag.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Demoski told local media that he had not intentionally driven into the dog teams, but had blacked out while returning from drinking in another village

At least he's been arrested.

Those poor dogs....

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
www.cbc.ca...

Demoski told local media that he had not intentionally driven into the dog teams, but had blacked out while returning from drinking in another village

At least he's been arrested.

Those poor dogs....

Figures...God that is so sad... Hope this is a wake up call. Could have killed himself as well.

top topics

join