It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old boy threatened with counter-terrorism measures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Yes you read the title correctly, I knew we lived in a nanny state here in England, our country is full of people afraid of even the slightest breeze but this is an all new low.

Seriously, most 4 year olds can't pronounce words properly, when this boy says cucumber it sounds like cooker bomb apparently, and he drew a picture of a man cutting vegetables with a large knife.

The Asian family said concerns were raised with them after the child drew a picture of a man cutting the vegetable with a large knife.

Nursery staff in Luton, Beds, told the child's mother they believed he was saying "cooker bomb" when he was asked about the drawing, and discussed referring the case to the Home Office's 'Prevent' deradicalisation scheme.

However, the case was eventually referred to police and social services panel instead, who decided not to take further action, the BBC Asian Network reported.

Yeah you must be a terrorist for cutting vegetables with a f#####g knife, use a spoon instead.

www.msn.com... l&ocid=

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I wonder if they would act the same if the boy wasn't Asian...

I think this part should be getting more attention:

Since July teachers and other workers have been obliged to report any suspicious activity ever since the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act became law.

Sad.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

It's not the first time either

Lancashire 'terrorist house' row 'not a spelling mistake'

Officials have denied claims a spelling error led to a 10-year-old Muslim boy, who wrote he lived in a "terrorist house", being spoken to by police. The family of the pupil, who attends a Lancashire primary school, claim he meant he lived in a "terraced house". The boy was spoken to by Lancashire Police at his home the next day. In a statement, police and the county council said it was "untrue to suggest that this situation was brought about by a simple spelling mistake". "The school and the police have acted responsibly and proportionately in looking into a number of potential concerns using a low-key, local approach," it said. "No concerns were identified and no further action was required by any agency." Teachers have been legally obliged to report any suspected extremist behaviour to police since July. The boy's family said they were left shocked by the 7 December incident and want both the school and police to apologise.

It's no wonder we have failed economies, social issues and a plethora of other problems within the world when we have idiots teaching the future generations

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
To be fair here I can see how Europeans are probably on edge these days with the surge of Islamic refugees and immigrants. So yeah they are jumping at shadows now because they are anxious about what the government is allowing to happen to their native countries.

Remember that one crazy murderer who cut that guys head off in the middle of a busy public street using a machete (large knife). I think this was a case of we heard something so we will say something just in case. On top of the government coming to these teachers and specifically telling them to do just that. That would also help to make one anxious, one could easily think OMG there must be something serious maybe about to happen.

I think saying something and getting it wrong and "hurting somebody's cultural feelings" is the lesser of two evils when faced with the possibility of people being murdered in your school because you brushed something off.
edit on 12-3-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

Oh look teachers who are well trained in this sort of thing (LOL) reporting to authorities about a potential domestic terrorist in their class room.

Who were the asshats that said the new FBI guidelines for reporting this sort of thing were benign?

Really. You see a global initiative doing this exact sort of thing, and then our federal authorities issuing guidelines for reporting domestic terrorism and you cant connect the dots? REALLY?

You have to be completely retarded not to see that. THIS is the intended effect. If they had a single defiant thought, that family just crapped it out along with a couple of bricks.

"its so you dont call".....derrrrr

edit on 3 12 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
To be fair here I can see how Europeans are probably on edge these days with the surge of Islamic refugees and immigrants. So yeah they are jumping at shadows now because they are anxious about what the government is allowing to happen to their native countries.

In this case (as in most other cases related to this general topic of terrorism), it's more what the governments are doing to the citizens.

Making teachers report suspicious activities reminds me of the situation we had in Portugal before the Carnation Revolution of 1974, when people never knew who was listening to what they were saying, always afraid of being pointed out by some disgruntled neighbour or co-worker as being a supporter of "suspicious activities" and getting a "visit" from the police.

They may be doing it for the right reasons, but they are doing it wrong, they are creating more divisions among the people and making them see enemies everywhere instead of uniting them against the real enemies.

I think saying something and getting it wrong and "hurting somebody's cultural feelings" is the lesser of two evils when faced with the possibility of people being murdered in your school because you brushed something off.

Sure, in one or two cases, but if they let that go on like this they will be faced with a "non-Asians/non-Muslims" against "Asians/Muslims" situation, and that's not good either.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You've got to laugh.

Otherwise the insanity of it all will make us weep.

Terrorist house/terraced house definitely made me laugh I must admit.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Thought I had the record with an 8 yr old the other day.....but you beat me by half again!!!Bravo jolly old Orwellian England strikes again......!
S&F!......... bander

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Osama was once 4 years old ,
as was all now older terraceds.

They all started their cullingary lives
by slicing and dicing vegetables .

Today a sharpened colour pencil ,
tomorrow a WMD box cutter .!

Just so glad the ever vigilant teachers
are so switched on these days .

Did they taser and shoot this errant would-be child ?
Deport him before he grows a beard and starts visiting the snack bar !

(sarcasm OFF)
(incredulity ON)

top topics

join