It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finicum Shooting Investigation Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I began reading the newly published report earlier and was going to post it but I had to go. I don't know if I'll make it through all 360 pages plus what's been added since this afternoon but I'm going to try. I can now see that more documents have been added and will be added at the link. Scroll down at "The Oregonian" article link to the documents. These files have been redacted in places to keep some info non-public until a future date as the investigation continues.

The reports include transcripts of accounts from the Oregon State Police troopers who shot Finicum. Also included are forensic reports about bullets, photographs from the shooting scene not previously released, and a detailed schematic of the scene.

Oregonian article plus file document links

Actual Cloud Document page

The interviews with law enforcement officers have been transcribed; uh's, um's, coughs and all.

I do not view LaVoy as a victim, nor do I see him as a hero. I can say he was a man of character, had deep principals and was not willing to compromise in the end. If people are still on this planet in a hundred years and Earth hasn't been blown up and become an asteroid belt, I wonder what will be said about him then. Bless you, LaVoy! I hope it was worth it, and now that you're on the other side I wish you could talk to us.

P.S. If someone has already posted this information, I apologize beforehand. Please remove my post.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie
Nice OP that records the government lawyers speak.

Earlier this week, I watched Mrs. Finicum give a public state about the released report. She said it's all lies and distortions that her lawyer will expose during the trial...and that's all I need to know.

It's the weekend so not going to ruin it by reading lawyer speak....

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

To me, it's important what is said in the "official" report. I look at all input to see how things match up down the line.

LaVoy's family has the right to take the matter to court if that's what they want to do. The more information their lawyers have to work with, the better. My heart does go out to the Finicum family. I'm sure they miss him terribly.

I'm going to slowly work on reading the files in between other things I have to do.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I sincerely thought I was going to be bored to death reading these files but so far I'm not. I still have a ways to go. I got a lot of reading done while ATS was under DOS attack last night.

The files give the perspectives of the State Police officers; what they were thinking as the traffic stop/arrests/pursuit/shooting unfolded, how they prepared for it, contingency plans, what they knew about the male occupants/how one officer who was facing LaVoy's truck as it approached the road block thought the officer who dove into the snow had been hit and was under LaVoy's truck, etc., etc., etc..

For my purpose, there is a lot of added perspective to round out the picture so far from parties involved.

That is why I rarely take sides. I believe one can never know the truth of anything if one is already biased for or against. That bias will color every piece of info considered. The mind will twist each bit of info to fit the bias. I know because I've watched my own mind try to do this. That's just my parameter and how I approach these controversial, disturbing, paradigm-changing events which become theater on the Internet.

Seeing both videos for the first times each, first the FBI's and then Shawna's, I wept. I wept for many reasons; some personal, some for the people involved. I try to keep my natural, human emotions of empathy from clouding my judgment while I continue to seek the truth.

I'll add some more comments after I finish reading the files, for what it's worth!

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I've happened across some compelling bits of information.

Officer #2, in the report, discusses when LaVoy was being given first-aid, after the truck was cleared, by the on-scene FBI medic, who'd been tending the FBI officer injured from jumping out of the way of LaVoy's truck at the road block before that.

As LaVoy was being given first-aid, his shirt was lifted up and a perfectly mushroomed bullet, according to Officer #2, was observed falling into the snow under LaVoy and Officer #2 noted to himself it looked like a 5.56 round.

The bullet was pointed out to all of the officers gathered around LaVoy and when Officer #2 was questioned in the post-investigation as to who collected the bullet he replied he didn't know.

From reading the testimonies of the two Oregon State Police Officers who shot LaVoy (#1 and #2) at almost the exact same moment, I'm pretty sure neither one had that kind of ammo in their weapons or on them as everything they used was accounted for, collected, secured and then later logged and kept as evidence.

Also, at this time, LaVoy's body was maneuvered to put his hands behind his back so that handcuffs could be put on his wrists. Officer #2 was only observing because he'd been one of the shooters and felt it was not proper for him to assist in any way because others were there that could.

According to Officer #1, an ambulance was called (Code 3) by Officer #3, the one who came out of the woods with a taser, almost immediately after the shooting of LaVoy.

Apparently, from what I gather, LaVoy was still alive for some time after the truck was cleared (on Shawna's video, Ryan stated LaVoy was dead as he looked over at the body while he exited the truck to be taken into custody) and being tended by the medic but we don't know for how long. I think the FBI video ends before the ambulance arrived if I recall correctly. I'm not sure without looking into it.

We know there is an investigation going on with the five member, FBI Hostage Rescue Team because the two mystery shots fired when LaVoy exited the truck were not reported and when this team was questioned, denied having shot them, not once but twice.

More importantly, the investigation also centers on something this team did after LaVoy was shot but is yet to be revealed...

Perhaps it has something to do with that unaccounted for bullet.

Go to Page 41 of Officer #2's testimony for handcuff and bullet parts

I've discovered something else I found to be very interesting but it will have to wait.

edit on 13-3-2016 by tweetie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Suicide by cop it was. Just what ol' LaVern wanted.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer seditious traitor...

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotTooHappy
Suicide by cop it was. Just what ol' LaVern wanted.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer seditious traitor...

Its one thing to have an opinion it is an entirely different thing to be happy and cheering on death, you are showing all the signs of a psychopath....seek help you need it

top topics

join