It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need your images for practice!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hello ATS. I'm working on learning a few new things in Photoshop to help broaden my knowledge of the program, and I'm in need of your help.

I'm working with new effects that I'm not used to, and I can go and grab all the images I want for myself, but I feel like already have the concluded image in my head, and so I'm trying to fit an image towards my conclusion.

What I need from you is for you to grab any random photo off the internet (that must be a minimum of 1000x1000 pixels, a bit under isn't too bad, but larger is better without going into the 4000x4000 range) and post it here. I will then use these newfound tools and repost the edited image.

I'll be adding new effects over time, so look for my posts where I'll make it obvious that a new effect has been added. You can pick and choose which effect you want to me to test out on the image. But for now, you're limited to the one.

Here are three different images that I've grabbed to test out.

And here are the results of the effect:

So, help me practice this new technique in ways I may not easily come up with. The images need to be large, and they need to be relatively good quality. They can be of ANYTHING so long as it is allowed in the T&C

Thanks for your help!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Cant wait.

I don't know if that will work. Link to original

www.fyqyfz.com...
edit on 3/11/2016 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus

Cant wait.

I don't know if that will work. Link to original

www.fyqyfz.com...

Alrighty! I gave it two quick tries, and I can already see where I need to learn a few more things about the technique.

Here's image 1. Not too bad, but you can see it needs a bit more 'blending' with the pyramids themselves. You can tell it's generated digitally, and that's not what we want. We want it to appear 'natural' to a higher degree! Definitely something that I need to work on

Here's image 2. You can definitely see a few issues with this. The main one being that the particles go in front of the pyramids, even through they are photographed one behind the other, so the particles should be going behind each one. I'll have to look into that as well while generating the particles

Good first image!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Cool effects!

Have you tried it with anything animated?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: openeyeswideshut

Cool effects!

Have you tried it with anything animated?

Not at the moment no. The effect is randomly generated, so it may be a bit difficult to control in an animated setting, unless it's done at a small scale. Say for instance, if someone was holding out there palm and the effect was used as a sort of "x-men power" type thing, I could see that working.

But, perhaps you can provide an image and we can see how it works?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Well how about this?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
the second effects on the pyramids is way cool. A gf bought me photoshop 9 a few years ago and I had some fun playing with it.

There are lots of tutorials available online. I never got very good at it though.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Very cool. What is / are the names of those effects? Keep up the good work!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The 2nd pyramid picture is great and is what I had in mind. Will you be adding the additional effects to this thread or will you be starting new ones?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
WOW! that Watch one was amazing!

I have some steam punk art that i made. I can snap some pics if you want to blow them up!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I'd love to see you do something fun with this image of President Bush Sr., throwing out the first ball, before Game 3 of the 2001 World Series

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Not too shabby.

Are you playing around with brush settings, cloud rendering, etc., in order to get the effects, or are these 3rd-party effects that you can use that automatically create this stuff for you?

It looks like whatever it is, you're making use of brushes that incorporate random sizes and shapes. I like the inclusion of blurred layers that give it a macro-type effect and depth, though.

I agree with the comments that the pyramids that appear to be blowing away is the better of the two.

The watch is cool, but the ones with the two people could use a little work with blending modes of the layers to get a better transition from original body to the effects, but they are very good results for just learning and playing with new PS techniques.

edit on 11-3-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Here you go....

I have got a picture of either an annoyed or incredibly sad hippo I found. I don't think you can do anything with him, but he looks so sad.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Alright, I had a go at a few of your suggestions. I'm working on the animated one currently

originally posted by: windword

I'd love to see you do something fun with this image of President Bush Sr., throwing out the first ball, before Game 3 of the 2001 World Series

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific
Here you go....

I have got a picture of either an annoyed or incredibly sad hippo I found. I don't think you can do anything with him, but he looks so sad.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I LOVE the Hippo!
He looks to be splashing!
Edit: like really really FAST splashing!
LOL

edit on 11-3-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The sad Hippo looks happier now he is splashing about.
I don't know how, but he does to me.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I LOVE the Hippo!
He looks to be splashing!
Edit: like really really FAST splashing!
LOL

Haha. I wanted to try to make a cannonball effect

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Maybe not in the right format but what can you do with this please?

Looking for a new take on it but pulled of the internet and uploaded?

edit on 11/3/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: openeyeswideshut

Well how about this?

Finally got to this one. Haha, definitely not what I was hoping. It's a little difficult to control the particulates considering they are randomly generated. I wanted to create some kind of heavy wind type thing going with the tree. Definitely need to work with it more to create more appealing animations

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Loving the bush picture lol. His face reminds me of the idiocy of his family.

Didn't know you could give the picture a living effect. I like where your going with the picture though, Hope you can nail it
. I'll keep checking in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join