It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho shooting suspect’s ‘hypersexual’ Martian manifesto is a window into an unraveling mind

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

That's your choice. But its not exactly conventional wisdom. A manifesto full of loose associations and delusional beliefs is what would typically be considered "strong evidence".

Although you are right: his family can likely provide a lot of insight into his mental state leading up to this series of events.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
His manifesto is polished and clear in its format, organization, diction, spelling, grammar, etc. Not the frantic, unorganized ramblings of someone having auditory and visual hallucinations. Like I says, how do we know he even wrote it?

edit on 11-3-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

originally posted by: ngchunter
Instead of self-reflecting on the effects this website has on the mentally ill, instead of questioning whether it's right to encourage these delusions, some of you invent new delusions to excuse, explain, and even encourage the actions of dangerous lunatics like this, including a lunatic who was here before a major shooting!

Wow, stop right there! Nobody is excusing nor encouraging any actions here! Don't even try to blame anyone here for this besides the shooter(s).

Maybe you forgot this is a conspiracy website? Are you encouraging that freedom of thought, and freedom of speech, should be suppressed?

Free speech doesn't give you the right to encourage those who take the lives of others. That is what goes on here, so it should be no surprise when they snap and actually carry out horrific actions like this based on the false belief that those they are killing are inhuman monsters. You're encouraging it, validating this nutjob's delusions, thinking he was "really onto something," and maybe the pastor he shot "wasn't really human, after all he didn't die."

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Wonder if that UFO nutter was a member here who ever posted about UFO's?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

I read the manifesto. The Washington Post article has a line that says "On a flight home after a job interview, Odom began to suspect that strangers were sending him secret messages. Newspaper headlines had hidden meanings." That is made up. The manifesto mentions a newspaper with printed words "Psychic Reading". That doesn't sound like a headline. That is probably more of an advertisement for cheesy psychic hotline readings on the corner of a page of some paper somebody was reading. The writer of the Washington Post article is embellishing.

I do think this event is something other than what it appears to be. There is definitely some mind cracking going on.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
All signs point to an organized gang stalking and gaslighting campaign against this guy. I haven't delved into this deeply enough to speculate on who would be responsible, or what their reasons may have been for driving him into such a delusional state, but it's pretty well-known that this stuff does occur. If you're dismissing this clearly intelligent former marine as a mere paranoid lunatic, just be thankful you have never been a target of one of these campaigns.

Possibly related to the gang stalking, I suspect he may have been abusing drugs (either knowingly or unwittingly). Certain drugs can send one down a path like this, especially if you are being nudged by others trying to manipulate you.

It seems like this type of story comes about quite often with highly intelligent college students (particularly if they are pursuing degrees in science or medicine), especially if they are ex-military or come from a military family. The Martian delusion seems like a facade the perpetrators of the gaslighting campaign layered on top of their real agenda to make Odom sound completely bonkers. If Lee Harvey Oswald had written a manifesto, we may have learned that he shot Kennedy because he thought Kennedy was a Martian frog creature!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It is evident he started seeking into spirituality for the right reasons but got sidetracked and out of balance. This seems to be happening to more and more people nowadays unfortunately.

luciferexperimentblog.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Replicator EYD

I agree with your line of thought.

This guy is not just a nobody, in my view.

The psychological ops perpetrated on some people who have various ancestral, current family and personal histories as well as abilities and functions can be deadly. Because these kinds of ops are so difficult to prove as well as convince people (still!) with closed minds to even believe they exist is why they are so easily carried out.

It makes my stomach turn.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Socrato

So, creative writers then?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The article clearly states the guy had a history of mental illness. Sorry, I read the thread and took some notes and now I forgot who I was replying to, but...

Whoever said that they thought if we're all being controlled by aliens then why didn't the guy accept it? Quuite possibly he's thinking he's the "only one" who sees this, the only one that could combat it. I think the person that linked to They Live may have hit the nail on the head, how'd Roddy Piper (rip) looked to the rest of us if we didn't see the movie from his perspective?

Schizophrenia is an evil, horrible illness to suffer from - a family friend has it, manifested by him believing that the some of his neighbours were able to control his thoughts and the only way he could escape this was to kill his neighbours. Fortunately, no one was harmed and he's been committed for his and others safety, I've seen him a couple of times, he's not doing well, he still believes they're putting thoughts in his head.
Incidentally (again), and I'm not at all anti-marijuana, but this guys schizophrenia followed on about a year after him starting to use it, but (again only my opinion) I think that it probably just drew out an underlying problem that would have manifested anyway.

For what little it's worth, I think there's a disconnect between his id, ego and superego - I don't think he recognises his internal voice/thoughts as coming from him... in the sense that I might get stuck in traffic and get the fleeting "dammit, I could kill that guy" thought, but I know a) that's wrong and b) that it's not an external influence, it's my frustration oh and c) I don't want prison or mental hospital.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter
Free speech doesn't give you the right to encourage those who take the lives of others. That is what goes on here, so it should be no surprise when they snap and actually carry out horrific actions like this based on the false belief that those they are killing are inhuman monsters. You're encouraging it, validating this nutjob's delusions, thinking he was "really onto something," and maybe the pastor he shot "wasn't really human, after all he didn't die."

Nobody here is encouraging anyone to go kill anybody. Get that right.

Sorry, but if you think me entertaining the possibility of a theory is equivalent to encouraging some psychopath to go kill people, then you sir are delusional.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is an old thread, but I wrote a bit of analysis on this manifesto people might find interesting over on Reddit:
www.reddit.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You guys dont get it. Something has the ability to # so much with perception it controls ppl into these states. Its not him crazy. With an uninfluenced properly oxygeninated body/brain he would have made correct decisions. Its cruel to his experience to just call him crazy i think. Ask yourself what really perception is. Is it just supposed to be your kind of normal?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Some kind of shizophrenia or shizo thing. Some people don't have anytihng happen then they break and start having hallucinatiosn. Maybe that's what happened to him.

Sad.

EDIT: Found something possibly relevant:
en.wikipedia.org - Schizotypal personality disorder...

Schizotypal personality disorder (STPD) or schizotypal disorder is a mental disorder characterized by severe social anxiety, thought disorder, paranoid ideation, derealization, transient psychosis, and often unconventional beliefs. People with this disorder feel extreme discomfort with maintaining close relationships with people, mainly because they think that their peers harbor negative thoughts towards them, so they avoid forming them. Peculiar speech mannerisms and odd modes of dress are also symptoms of this disorder. Those with STPD may react oddly in conversations, not respond or talk to themselves.[1]

One of the posisble things they may experience:

-- Occasional transient quasi-psychotic episodes with intense illusions, auditory or other hallucinations and delusion-like ideas, usually occurring without external provocation.

The disorder runs a chronic course with fluctuations of intensity. Occasionally it evolves into overt schizophrenia. There is no definite onset and its evolution and course are usually those of a personality disorder. It is more common in individuals related to people with schizophrenia and is believed to be part of the genetic "spectrum" of schizophrenia.

Interesting:

A University of Colorado Colorado Springs study comparing personality disorders and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator types found that the disorder had a significant correlation with the Introverted (I), Intuitive (N), Thinking (T), and Perceiving (P) preferences.

edit on 12/7/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

“The day after I decided to leave, my life became a living hell,” Odom wrote. He couldn’t sleep. After a few days, aliens posing as classmates tried to provoke him to become “the next school shooter,” he wrote, so he left Texas and returned to his home town of Coeur d’Alene. “This is where the story gets weird,” he wrote. On a flight home after a job interview, Odom began to suspect that strangers were sending him secret messages. Newspaper headlines had hidden meanings.

No offense, but this sounds disturbingly like a few members on ATS that im sure you will recognize, their threads have been cropping up very frequently in the last 3 months.

At times, Odom’s manifesto appears to acknowledge that he is delusional. “I began to hear voices more often and I began to hallucinate things that I knew weren’t real,” he wrote. But he blames the voices and visions not on his own mind but on telepathic aliens.

This is why it is very very important to me that we address mental health in a logical, compassionate sort of way, so that people with issues dont feel ostracized and can actually UNDERSTAND what they are seeing isnt real, and not feel OUTCAST in seeking help.

It is scary these days to watch just how widespread this is, with NO help, NO outreach, and NO compassion.

Until this changes, tragedies will not stop
edit on 7-12-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
You guys dont get it. Something has the ability to # so much with perception it controls ppl into these states. Its not him crazy. With an uninfluenced properly oxygeninated body/brain he would have made correct decisions. Its cruel to his experience to just call him crazy i think. Ask yourself what really perception is. Is it just supposed to be your kind of normal?

honestly my perception is that you need to seek counseling ASAP before you do something like this guy did.

In all honesty with all your threads, you guys share a HELL of a lot in common.

Listen to me, not as a critic, but as a friend, you NEED to get help with whats going on before you hurt people. This isnt bashing you, I suffer from SEVERE PTSD from many many battle fields.... hell there have been times I have woken in a cold sweat and couldnt tell you if it was my WIFE, or a haj over running my position

Please bud, before it gets worse, do something. Some things are completely real and relative and some arent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join