It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid Trump momentum, Jeb Bush to meet with rest of Republican field.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Amid Trump momentum, Jeb Bush to meet with rest of Republican field

Former Republican hopeful Jeb Bush will meet with Marco Rubio today and with Ted Cruz and John Kasich tomorrow ahead of Thursday night’s Republican debate in Miami, multiple organizations reported. Why? A Bush spokeswoman “wouldn’t say where or when the meetings will take place other than to confirm they will occur,” the Washington Post

Godfather Bush to meet all anti-trump Republican candidates. This is starting to be a very hilarious show.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I always though senior to be the godfather, Jeb is fredo at best .

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Unless they plan on bringing back Jeb Bush and giving him the majority of delegates.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn
I'm surprised Louie Gohmert isn't one of the Republican hopefuls at this point, he'd fit right in.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To borrow a line from Batman:

"It's simple. We kill the Donald."

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: misterhistory
To borrow a line from Batman:

"It's simple. We kill the Donald."

They'd screw that up too.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

I've dealt with that Douchebag personally. He can kick rocks. Threw a huge hissy fit in front of his mom and girlfriend when I wouldn't let him on the Air Force Academy...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

Annnd USSS will be coming to visit you in 3.2.1....

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

Rubio will be there, so at least Bush will have one person present who looks up to him. (assuming they meet standing up, I suppose.)

Be hilarious if Cruz agrees to join some triune candidate-head of himself, Rubio, and Kasich, all unified to drop bombs on Trump, only to swerve them and lay bare the details of the meeting in his opening statement. Funny thing is that would actually be more beneficial to Cruz than it would to even Trump... it would show Cruz has a massive set and is willing to let them swing freely in defiance of party higher ups (which is basically why so many of us support Trump.)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Bush looks like a sore loser.

His poor performance has to do with him under estimating just how much animosity there still is for the Bush name.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Bush looks like a sore loser.

His poor performance has to do with him under estimating just how much animosity there still is for the Bush name.

There's this idea that if there's a brokered convention, Jeb will be put back on the ballot, maybe along with Romney if people can't choose between Uncle Ted and Drumph.

Which is hilarious mind you, but it could happen I suppose. Maybe Jeb is trying to test the waters.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

If they seriously tried to pull a brokered convention. It would be the end of the GOP.

They still don't get it.

Support for Trump has been sending them a huge message, and they still refuse to read it.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

The can't be. That's the real kicker to all of this. Four years ago, in a direct effort to ensure that Ron Paul couldn't sneak into a brokered nomination, the RNC passed a rule that states the nominee MUST win at least 8 state primaries outright.
Rule 40
www.scribd.com...

.(b) Each candidate for nomination for President of the United States and Vice President of the United States shall demonstrate the support of a majority of the delegates from each of eight (8) or more states, severally, prior to the presentation ofthe name of that candidate for nomination. Notwithstanding any other provisions of these rules or any rule of the House ofRepresentatives, to demonstrate the support required of this paragraph a certificate evidencing the affirmative written support ofthe required number of permanently seated delegates from each of the eight (8) or more states shall have been submitted to thesecretary of the convention not later than one (1) hour prior to the placing of the names of candidates for nomination pursuant tothis rule and the established order of business

There will be no Bush, no Romney, no Rubio on the 2016 GOP ticket, and they did it to themselves because they were afraid of an old libertarian.

Rule 40 seals the deal here... it will be either Trump or Ted Cruz.
edit on 9-3-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

NOPE. Not according to the their lawyer....

So I was reading today....

Source

“In fact, that's not a rule,” former RNC lawyer Ben Ginsberg — the party's preeminent election law expert — told MSNBC early Wednesday morning. “That's part of what's called the temporary rules. Each convention has to pass for itself the number of states that put a candidate's name in nomination.”

In 2012, revisions to Rule 40 raised the required number of states from five to eight, but no number is in effect for the Cleveland convention, according to Ginsberg. “The 2016 convention and its rules committee has to make that decision,” he said. “So there is no eight-state rule in effect right now for the next convention.”
“The 2016 convention can make that number one, eight, 18, 28 or 58, if it wishes,” he added.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but there you have it.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Yeah, Trump's lawyers (or Cruz himself) will crush them like bugs in the court of public opinion on that one. Hell, they will probably take it the distance in a court of law.

Considering Rush Limbaugh, of all people, has made Rule 40 a major talking point, the GOP will do well to hold to following it.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Even we beautiful people double post sometimes.
edit on 9-3-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The Elites have already chosen their own. I just have that weird feeling.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I know, the GOP must be filled with low information politicians, to not see the clear and present signs we the people have been sending them about being fed up with the Lies, deceit and back room deals that went on the last 8 years when they were supposed to be on our side.

We are tired of our Jobs going to foriegn workers and Illegal immigrants, we are sick of our taxes being spent on things and agendas we don't like or want, We are tired of having the cost of food and Gas being artificially inflated by the big business men.

Remember how we were told Gas has gone up so the prices of everything else must go up.

But what happened when gas prices dropped?

You got it, the prices of everything else went up and continues to rise.

Wake up Cruz, Jeb, Rand and the DC establishement, you all had your chance and you blew it. This time we will not take a defeat lying down we will march by the Millions into DC is any shenanigans happen this year.

We the people are Fed UP!
edit on 10-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
March 12, 2019

Breaking: Jeb Bush Committee COLLUDED with the Chinese to affect the 2016 election. Fined $400,000.

bigleaguepolitics.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Satire:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join