It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First on CNN: Top name withdraws from Supreme Court consideration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well, this is shocking news. Jordan seemed to be a great candidate and many thought that he would be one of the best due to his (purported) perfect record. This makes me wonder who may be another top runner?

Lets see who will drop next- an exciting time everywhere for poli-trix

Adalberto Jordan, a federal judge in Miami seen as a top contender for the Supreme Court vacancy, has withdrawn his name from contention, a lawmaker told CNN on Wednesday.

"He pulled himself out of consideration," Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Florida told CNN. Nelson said Jordan made the decision because of a "personal, family situation" involving his mother.

"I talked to him ... I think that's unfortunate because he is squeaky clean," Nelson said, citing Jordan's long judicial record and his overwhelming confirmation by the Senate in 2012.

Jordan, who would have fit the bill of another Obama appellate nominee who has an engaging personal story, was recently vetted for a federal judgeship and won a large majority in the Senate when confirmed.

Born in Havana, Cuba, Jordan came to the United States as young child. He clerked for Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, was a federal prosecutor in south Florida and appointed to the bench in Southern District of Florida by President Bill Clinton in 1999.

Adalberto

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It is possible that many of the better candidates for the position are not willing to subject themselves to the Right Wing propaganda machine.

They do not want to be drug-through the ringer for political purposes.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

so squeeky clean they don't think he'll do what he's told?

"Family situation" = the spooks got to him.

Just a conspiracy theory, pure speculation. Could make for a great episode of House of Cards

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
No one is squeaky clean. Anything can be spun politically.

I think most candidates realize that they will be cooked well done with very little chance of being confirmed. The new sitting President will be the one to fill the seat. Obama knows it and the congress knows it.

This would be the most politically charged appointment in god knows when if it is done prior to the new POTUS being elected. It changes the balance of the court. Republicans don't want to risk another Roberts.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I just read Loretta Lynch also has turned down being nominated to the Court. Reading an article earlier today, that makes five people who have so far backed out of being nominated for the vacancy. USNEWS
edit on 3pmWed, 09 Mar 2016 14:10:28 -0600p10269 by warpig69 because: Cited wrong article, fixed

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Born in Havana, Cuba, Jordan came to the United States as young child.

There is no way that would have flown.

I smell the great hand behind that 'nomination' of the administration.

And how we are all 'besties' now with Cuba.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to take the nomination when they know there not getting the job.

I don’t blame then. Their name will just sit until Obama leaves and the next president will choose their own.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
It is possible that many of the better candidates for the position are not willing to subject themselves to the Right Wing propaganda machine.

Or dirtying their names by being associated with Obama in the history books.

new topics

top topics

join