It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So my Avatar gif and Signature gif have both done a runner, just as I refreshed a current page. So in the My Account page I put in a new copy of my Avatar and hit submit, up pops an alert talking about a new album page and a link to go there, except that the link goes to the home page, not any 'new album' page.. was there any need for this change, never mind the link not working?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Hmmmmm... this is weird Smurf. Did you try to re-upload to your pics again and then copy the url again??

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Oh, that's just a virus the BTS : Avatar Creations 2016 (official avatar creation/request thread) implied to get more traffic and make more avatars and sigs

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Hmmmmm... this is weird Smurf. Did you try to re-upload to your pics again and then copy the url again??

Yes did that for just the Avatar picture below,

It works in this text box, not in the account section where you place the code, instead you get this message;

YOUR AVATAR MUST NOW BE HOSTED THROUGH YOUR PHOTO ALBUM ON OUR MEDIA PORTAL.

[Click here] to access your photo album page, or [here] to learn more. however if you do click where instructed you end up at the home page, even though the http link says 'My pictures'

In any case why just me thus far?

the small icon below is the remains of my signature gif, here.

edit on 9-3-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Yes did that for just the Avatar picture below,

It works in this text box, not in the account section where you place the code, instead you get this message;

YOUR AVATAR MUST NOW BE HOSTED THROUGH YOUR PHOTO ALBUM ON OUR MEDIA PORTAL.

[Click here] to access your photo album page, or [here] to learn more. however if you do click where instructed you end up at the home page, even though the http link says 'My pictures'

In any case why just me thus far?

the small icon below is the remains of my signature gif.

Did you upload from your computer (phone/tablet)? It has to come form there. If you can see it in your album, you click on ;make this my avatar', you shouldn't be dealing with codes for the avatar pic.

You click on the pic and then on the tiny person icon above the pic.
edit on 9-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Did you upload from your computer (phone/tablet)? It has to come form there. If you can see it in your album, you click on ;make this my avatar', you shouldn't be dealing with codes for the avatar pic.

You click on the pic and then on the tiny person icon above the pic.

I already had the pictures, had them for ages, and the Avatar picture has been a feature for years. Then they disappeared today.
edit on 9-3-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well thanks guys for those who gave their time and posts to reply, no thanks to a deafening silence from the admin for any albeit unsolicited replies.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Sounds like you have an ad blocker running in your browser. Do a search for S.O.'s thread(s) on these things.

If that's not it I have to think you got a new browser that doesn't play nice with ATS.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

Sounds like you have an ad blocker running in your browser. Do a search for S.O.'s thread(s) on these things.

If that's not it I have to think you got a new browser that doesn't play nice with ATS.

Thanks for that Springer, I will dig into SO's stuff, but for now I just want to show you what I am presented with.

Below is my account page with a new upload for an Avatar. when you press the submit button (arrowed) you get the message as seen, (arrowed) the two underlined pieces of text are live links.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

If I press either of those all I get is what's below, the index page, including plenty of ads.

Below here, is another look at the index page with an arrow pointing toward the headers, looking at them you will see the HTTP text describng the page as my-pictures/index, and above that again an ATS 404 heading

So basically the link given from my account doesn't work, but in any case it doesn't explain why my Avatar and signature pictures disappeared yesterday, they have been fine for a long time, the Avatar was there for years. This browser is opera, and it isn't adblocking as you can see, and neither is AOL's browser which I never use for ATS anyway.

top topics

join