It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private thread via invite only

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: intrptr

Yes they do, but members don't start threads there very often. You need a certain amount of stars to access it, so if I can see them, there's no doubt you would see them.

RATS threads also don't show up on google searches, I think.

They don't show up on google and I don't see so much crap on there.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

do members wanting to suppress the "flat-earth" threads qualify?...can we all as members of ATS recognize that the world is NOT flat?....how low does an intellectual bar have to be set, before we acknowledge our earth is indeed round????

link   
a reply to: reldra

I think it could be a band-aid solution for the OP. Most members who have been here long enough to access RATS would know how to participate in the discussion, or just ignore the thread.

link   

Yeah I am sure.

Me too.

For that reason many try to give back and get involved. If not its an all you can eat buffet with no cashier. Thats how you miss the mints on the way out....

edit on 3 9 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Yes they do, but members don't start threads there very often. You need a certain amount of stars to access it, so if I can see them, there's no doubt you would see them.

I'm not here all day, so only see a few of the 80 or so threads in a 24 hour period. Unless it comes to the front page, I miss a lot.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
"Have to have thicker skin. Alert the person who posted that. Or simply ignore them. Or tell them it isn't appropriate in your reply. You have lots of choices. Make them look immature. They might eventually realize they look like a fool. "

No I don't have to,have thicker skin...that is exactly what OP is trying to get rid of....you shouldn't have to deal with the insults....you should be able to have an adult conversation ....with out running and " Tattling" to the mods . As you suggested in a few posts above.
edit on 9-3-2016 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Yeah I am sure.

Me too.

For that reason many try to give back and get involved. If not its an all you can eat buffet with no cashier. Thats how you miss the mints on the way out....

Mints?! There mints? I think they hide them when I go by… lol

Not in a popularity contest here. Mostly focus on disinfo if I see it and shedding light in dark corners.

That must be why they hide the mints.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The smart ones arent on a popularity contest. Just saying,

The reasoning behind spending hours in some cases making a thread is not about you. Its not for you. You could just post and look smart in other peoples threads with what you learn. This is about GENERATING content for the site we appreciate that kind of depends on it, and having your efforts be worth it.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

Reldra "Have to have thicker skin. Alert the person who posted that. Or simply ignore them. Or tell them it isn't appropriate in your reply. You have lots of choices. Make them look immature. They might eventually realize they look like a fool.
"

Meldionne:No I don't have to,have thicker skin...that is exactly what OP is trying to get rid of....you shouldn't have to deal with the insults....you should be able to have an adult conversation ....with out running and " Tattling" to the mods . As you suggested in a few posts above.

Me :You quoted me, though it wasn't in quotes.

I don;t enjoy 'tattling'. but the mods have asked that we alert more to help them in their jobs, as they cant be everywhere at once.

You don;t 'have' to have a thicker skin, but it could help. I am not ordering anyone to have a thicker skin.

There will be trolls and insults. It is up to you do decide what you want to do about it. I just gave suggestions.
edit on 9-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

This is about GENERATING content and having your efforts be worth it.

Well I try to do that.

But realize when it comes to History, geo political, religion, and disinformation, there is always going to be conflict.

Right?

(Did you change your avatar from Bill Murrays character in Ghost Busters?)

trying to keep up. gotta go…
edit on 9-3-2016 by intrptr because: ()

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

They are Energy Vampire who just enjoys drinking our blood... it's exhausting trying to get onto their level and understand their reasoning,

They make you feel overwhelmed, defensive, exhausted or even depressed.
They have strong narcissistic tendencies and a constant hunger for admiration and attention.
Those who feel victimised by the world will appeal for you to help protect them against real or imagined attacks from others.
They habitually find fault and criticise others to help them feel superior and in control.
Mood changes can be rapid and bewildering to others – one moment they may heap praise on you, and the next rage against you.
They are incapable of dealing with challenges constructively, instead wallowing in self-pity.

edit on 9 3 2016 by Hex1an because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Hex1an
I hope you are providing tadaman with a description of the prolem posters and not calling him an energy vampire lol

link   

You're Part of the Problem.

link   
nm

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Really good post. I don;t agree with invite only threads, but it touched on a big problem many of us do think about.

Cheers tadaman

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Your missing the point....OP is trying to create a forum where you don't have to have thicker skin, or deal with trolls, he's asking if it's possible to create this , and how can you create this ? .....he wants a forum where you don't have to just sit back and deal with it, just because ....he wants to create something New to help ATS members who are fed up.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Is that directed at me?

Are you calling me an energy vampire?

????

This is surreal.

Lol... Soz... they and their
let me correct that lol. I don't know how I did that.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

Your missing the point....OP is trying to create a forum where you don't have to have thicker skin, or deal with trolls, he's asking if it's possible to create this , and how can you create this ? .....he wants a forum where you don't have to just sit back and deal with it, just because ....he wants to create something New to help ATS members who are fed up.

Someone recommended RATS. There will be no invite only threads on this site. I can tell you that for 99.9999999999% certain. I have not missed the point. I clearly understand the point of this thread.

link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
a reply to: EvillerBob

do members wanting to suppress the "flat-earth" threads qualify?...can we all as members of ATS recognize that the world is NOT flat?....how low does an intellectual bar have to be set, before we acknowledge our earth is indeed round????

And the answer is... dunno. Everyone will have a different idea of where that bar is. That's the essential problem that goes to the heart of this site.

ATS is here to consider things that might not get consideration elsewhere, but how wacky is too wacky, even for ATS? At what point do we say to the guy who just started a post "Hey, ATS, I just snorted a month's supply of Bath Salts and now I can see snakes growing out of my eyeballs - is this proof that I'm being gang-stalked by Project Bluebeam?" that no, it's proof that he's off his head on drugs.

I work with a lot of mentally ill people. It makes me cringe to see threads where someone reels of a list of classic symptoms of a treatable mental illness, only to be followed by lots of posts supporting or even enabling the break from reality. Guess what? I still don't wade into those threads and openly accuse people of being the morons I might secretly think there are. Not often, anyway. My bar is quite fixed in those matters, but it's clearly fixed at a very different level than most of ATS.

link   

originally posted by: reldra
Really good post. I don;t agree with invite only threads, but it touched on a big problem many of us do think about.

Cheers tadaman

Agreed !!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join