It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Those Trump Steaks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So are you saying he didn't build that?

I do wonder tho, if his Trump brand increased some of their sales and caused the companies to hire more people.

Hell, even I have "built" 2 resto's to my specs. I swung a hammer or 2 also. I'm not an architect.

How many buildings does I.M.Pei own?

If you own a bar, did you make the booze you sell?

meh.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Obviously he didn't build that.

Investors, entrepreneurs and business owners who PAY EMPLOYEES to do a job didn't build that. Because obviously along the line they paid somebody to give them some help.

edit on 9-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

When you own a bar, there are several important things that you have to be able to do. First, you have to know how to operate and maintain all the pumps and pipes that keep beer flowing to the taps, and into people's glasses. You also have to be capable of running a properly maintained and controlled cellar, you have to become a master cellarman. The cellar is where the beer is kept, and from where it is pumped to the taproom. Keeping the cellar at the correct temperature, keeping the beers in good condition, looking after the stuff correctly, is actually a skill in and of itself, and requires an awful lot of heavy lifting, as well as the ability to manage the stock correctly, so that you never have more beer than you can sell, or so little that you run out completely.

Further to that, you have to make sure that when you are pouring a pint, that you have taken into account the individual characteristics of the particular tipple that is coming out of that tap. Pouring a Guinness the same way you would pour a pint of IPA, will not produce the optimum finished pint. Guinness has to settle in the glass part way through pouring and has to be poured very slowly in any case, whereas an IPA can often be poured much faster than a thicker, darker brew and does not require settling time in anything like the same way, seconds, rather than minutes. Also, pouring a pint with the correct amount and consistency of head, is an art form, one which a bar owner ought to be able to do with his or her eyes near enough shut, so that they can consider themselves qualified to teach the method to their staff.

Then you have the wine. Wine is kept under different conditions than beer, generally speaking, but some wines have to be stored differently than others, depending on their origins, type, and so on. They also require different glassware, and knowing these things is necessary.

If you do not know these things, if you have never worked a bar, let alone managed a cellar, you should not own a bar. Simple.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
thread would be utter mirth - if only there wasnt some many people taking it so seriously

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It seems that most of you completely missed the point of all of this. He wasn't trying to sell anything.

He was shooting back at Romney, using the same Products and Companies that the 2-Time Loser had used as examples of so-called failed Trump enterprises...in his weak attempt to say that "Trump is no business genius".

Romney had tried to claim that Trump Airline had gone under...oops, no, sorry, Trump sold it.

As the court case is still pending, Trump University has not been found guilty of anything (innocent until proven guilty?), Trump fully expects to win the litigation (the lead plaintiff in the suit has already dropped out because she signed a very positive report card on the School - and is on tape singing its praises) - which of course, has not stopped the anti-Trump Super Pacs from running TV ads claiming "Trump University was a Scam".

Romney claimed that Trump's magazine, steak business, alcoholic beverage business, and water company were all defunct. All untrue...and Donald just wanted to use a visual backdrop of the actual products to demonstrate how daft Romney really is (if what the Op says is true about the steaks he used as props...doesn't change the reality of the point he was making).

I think it was a pretty clever way of showing everybody how utterly false Romney's claims were...using "pictures" instead of words.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Do yourselves a favor and watch the video.

a reply to: Konduit

Lol wow...

In case you guys missed the punchline, the stunt was done as a tongue-in-cheek joke at what John Oliver said about Trump on his show.

Actually no. This was his response to Mitt Romney. In case that wasn't obvious, he actually says so. It's at 8:28 in the video:

"and Mitt got up and he really shouldn't have done it — it wasn't, it wasn't becoming honestly — and he talked about 'the water company'"

a reply to: EightTF3

He didn't personally combine the hydrogen and oxygen atoms in his water either

a reply to: BIGPoJo

That is the brand that he stocks his property with, probably the same manufacturer that the Sharper Image licensed the Trump Steaks brand.

The steaks had to come from somewhere. You dont actually think he had his own meat packing plant do you?

BTW, what does his meat have to do with him running for office?

Actually, I wouldn't have expected Trump to own a packing plant, a water bottling facility, a winery, etc but as it turns out, he does claim to own a water company and he went to great lengths to talk about his winery:

Starting at about 11:34 in the video:

"Well there's the water company I mean, we sell water and we have water... and it's a very successful you know it's a private little water company and I supply the water for all my places and it's good but it's very good [sic]. Trump Steaks? Where are the Steaks? Do we have steaks? What? We have Trump Steaks. He said, "the steak company" and we have Trump steaks."

"and by the way, the winery — you see the wine — because he mentioned Trump vodka. It's the largest winery on the East Coast. I own it 100%. No mortgage. No debt."

That's really not important (unless of course he's lying about that too), what's important is that Trump Steaks™ is (was) an actual (defunct) brand. The products (steaks, burgers, etc) could be purchased from at the very least, The Sharper Image and QVC. Here you can see him advertising the brand and some actual Trump Steaks branded product, which if you look very closely... wait for it... the vacuum packs actually have the company name PRINTED ON THEM.

He brought out a bunch of crap as proof that Mitt Romney was lying about defunct Trump brands. The steaks at least, were not Trump Steaks™. They might be "Trump's steaks" in the sense that he purchased that platter of steaks and he therefore owns them but just as the steaks in my freezer are "Ante's steaks" but they're not Ante Steaks™ brand steaks — those are most definitely not Trump Steaks™ steaks.

Let me really dumb this down. He lied about Romney lying. I don't know how to phrase that any simpler to get past the filters of willful ignorance that are preventing this easily understood concept from getting through.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Romney claimed that Trump's magazine, steak business, alcoholic beverage business, and water company were all defunct. All untrue...and Donald just wanted to use a visual backdrop of the actual products to demonstrate how daft Romney really is (if what the Op says is true about the steaks he used as props...doesn't change the reality of the point he was making).

Well at least you're not trying to pretend that this was about John Oliver, a joke or that the products weren't supposed to be actual products to demonstrate that these brands aren't defunct.

You're half way there.

Where you're stuck is right here: "if what the Op says is true about the steaks he used as props...doesn't change the reality of the point he was making"

Actually, it 100% does change the reality of the point he was attempting to make if there are no Trump Steaks because it's a defunct brand. Also, Romney wasn't lying about Trump vodka. Trump Vodka was a BRAND of VODKA that no longer exists. Nor was he lying about Trump Magazine, which was an actual magazine in print from 2007-2009 AFAIK.

When somebody brings out "props" and claims that they are something that they are not, that's lying. When it's this obvious, it's an embarrassing fail by an inept clown who relies on the willful (or not so willful) ignorance of his supporters.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Listen, I don't care if the steaks are his or not. But I'll tell you, we live 5 minutes from The Trump golf course here in S.J., BEST FOOD I have EVER eaten!! We've had many many family parties there, exclusively for the food alone. I don't care who's steaks they are, but the chef he has over here, Kudos to that chef! I'm partial to the Salmon myself, but even the brunch party we recently attended for a family member, delicious! Geez......now I'm starving!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

I'm in South Jersery too but I've never been to his golf course so I can't comment on the food and I'll have to take your word for it. Though, if we're going to be reviewing Trump restaurants, there was this from a couple years ago:

Forbes - Donald Trump's Vegas Steakhouse Shut Down For Health Violations

It is now leaking out that Trump’s Las Vegas based “DTJ” Steak House was shut down for a few hours on November 2nd for what is being reported to be 51 different health violations.

Was this the result of some simple oversights or an Obama led plot to get even with Trump?

Not so much, unless you consider some seriously disgusting discoveries such as there being no measures utilized to destroy parasites in undercooked halibut to be a minor violation— or the presence of expired yogurt or month old caviar in the restaurant’s kitchen to have been planted on site by David Axelrod.

And then there was the duck that dated back to June (yuck), two week old tomato sauce (retch), expired peanut dressing, and an improperly functioning freezer—to name but a few of the violations.

The restaurant closure was first reported by KTNV-TV as a part of their ‘Dirty Dining” segment.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with Trump's tacky shenanigans, his deliberate deceptions — or how poorly those deceptions are executed — which are things you should care about if you're going to be voting.
edit on 2016-3-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Sounds like a joke that went over everyone's head. Why would he serve steaks that were discontinued nearly a decade ago? Probably to give the media food poisoning, and it seems to have worked.
edit on 9-3-2016 by TheTory because: grammar

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Because he's Trump and he can't take being criticized ever. This event is just Trump once again trying to prove his critics wrong, this is not about him and his sense of humor.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Because he's Trump and he can't take being criticized ever. This event is just Trump once again trying to prove his critics wrong, this is not about him and his sense of humor.

Maybe because his "critics" are focusing on his steaks, and not even mentioning his other points. I think he just literally threw his critics a bone to chew on, because he knows they won't even touch his other remarks regarding his principles on free trade, immigration, and the deficit.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: mobiusmale

Well at least you're not trying to pretend that this was about John Oliver, a joke or that the products weren't supposed to be actual products to demonstrate that these brands aren't defunct.

You're half way there.

Where you're stuck is right here: "if what the Op says is true about the steaks he used as props...doesn't change the reality of the point he was making"

Actually, it 100% does change the reality of the point he was attempting to make if there are no Trump Steaks because it's a defunct brand. Also, Romney wasn't lying about Trump vodka. Trump Vodka was a BRAND of VODKA that no longer exists. Nor was he lying about Trump Magazine, which was an actual magazine in print from 2007-2009 AFAIK.

When somebody brings out "props" and claims that they are something that they are not, that's lying. When it's this obvious, it's an embarrassing fail by an inept clown who relies on the willful (or not so willful) ignorance of his supporters.

Looks like I should have done a little more research before responding...odd to think that he would have trotted out Steaks if he hasn't sold any since 2007.

It was my recollection, from watching the News Conference that he said he supplied his own clubs and properties with all of these products - but I could be wrong (apparently).
edit on 9-3-2016 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Bush Brothers supply the steaks for Donald Trump's Trump National Golf Club where his press conference and victory dinner was taking place. Here's a fact apparently not known: Steakhouses and clubs name their food after their own chains EVEN THOUGH THEY AREN'T SELF-SUPPLYING THE INGREDIENTS FROM FIELD TO KITCHEN!!! Shocking, I know! Further shocking, is that all of these steakhouses, Mortons, Ruth's Chris, Sullivans, Flemming's, Cattleman's, even Peter Luger's DON'T OPENLY CITE THEIR SUPPLIERS BY NAME!
Those steakhouses and clubs don't want someone to think they can just run to their local National Beef or Allen Brothers carrying butcher and grab a $60 Ruth's Chris fillet mignon for $16 and go home to cook it themselves. "Trump steaks" thus, can either mean mail-order steaks from Trumps closed steak company or... as is painfully obvious in this case, steaks served under the Trump banner in one of his personal establishments.

At the very least, Trump's campaign has certainly shed light on just how ridiculously excitable some in America are. The lying, conniving, felon Hillary Clinton is getting less excitable accusation and scorn than the man who has broken no laws and is simply hated because he represents a meaningful change in course, away from what the Kept Voters and old masters want. Veeeery telling.

-Trump (and a fine steak) 2016

top topics

<< 1   >>

join