It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the earth flat or not? what do you think?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
Is the earth flat or not? (re: the flat earth theory) I'm doing research to find out if there is definitive proof?

should you not be asking if the Earth is round? Both that and a flat Earth are daft questions anyway.
The Earth is much easier determined as a sphere, not a perfect sphere though.
However, a sphere has no perimeter while a flat, finite body most definitely has. So if you need to prove this Earth is a finite, (which it certainly is) flat body, you need to find the perimeter...happy hunting!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I don't know why people keep bringing up other celestial bodies because there are none.
The stars, planets & other junk are holographic projections on the indestructible dome that encases us.
All the nuclear air burst tests were attempts to breach the dome...

...unless nukes aren't real...

/end Poe/

Oh, apparently that Admiral Byrd character found the dome....& the entrance to the hollow earth, oh wait a minute....
edit on 9-3-2016 by EnochRoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

It is, I had it saved for the next time a thread like this popped up. I believe the flat earth believers are just unable to comprehend the sheer scale of the Earth therefore believe it to be flat.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If you even think the Earth might be flat, you need to read this debunkingflatearth.blogspot.com...

If you still need help after that, there are plenty of members here capable of helping you.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
why aren't threads on flat earth taken down....fostering ignorance is opposite of ATS's motto....IF,IF there needs to be any discussion on this absolute truth, can't it be contained in one thread?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Some parts of the video cracked me up with the reasoning.

One of its major points was why aren't their direct flights from South America to Africa. To make that trip you fly to Europe then Africa.

News Flash.... There are not a lot of people that want to leave South America to go to Africa so Airlines are not going to schedule those trips and pay the fees for Terminals they will fly you to airports that have airlines that do fly to Africa.

It isn't a question of if they can make the flight, but there is a question of can they make the flight and make enough money to justify it.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Ugh... buy a freakin weather balloon on amazon.com. attach a go pro to it. Launch the balloon. The end. $th grades have done this.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Well thanks for posting it, it is a gem of a pic.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
Is the earth flat or not? (re: the flat earth theory) I'm doing research to find out if there is definitive proof? I just find the debate kinda confusing. I mean why would it be flat? That makes no sense. But as you know a lot of people are claiming it's flat, and providing all kinds of reasons as to why. Some of which does make sense. But is there something else behind all this? What is this all about? Is there any truth to it? I'd like to find out. why are there so many flat earth videos out there if it's all just BS?

Can you prove that it's flat or not???

A personal experience this week demonstrates to me, without much doubt, that the earth is more or less spherical. I flew a freight flight from Miami to Doha, which is the capital of Qatar. It lies at almost exactly the same latitude as Miami, at about N25 latitude. If the earth were flat, the shortest line would have been to fly due East. However the initial heading from Miami for the shortest route was a true heading of 046 degrees, and a magnetic heading of 053 degrees. That arc describes the geodesic, which is the shortest line between 2 points on a curved surface or sphere. If the earth were flat, we would have ended up somewhere in the Barents Sea. As it was, we flew just South of the SW tip of England and just north of Paris, before overflying Istanbul and arriving in Doha, a surprisingly modern city on the Persian Gulf.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
There's also the fact that they do fly from South America to Africa.

First two flights listed here are nonstop

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I 'believe' it's not flat. There's plenty of 'evidence' to 'prove' that it's round ish.

however, this is a conspiracy website. Some of the ideas questioned here are on the whackier side of looney.
There have been threads about what if reality is not reality at all but it's all just a hologram, or the minds projection.
what if we're all plugged into some kind of matrix, and what we see, feel, hear, sense, isn't actually reality?

well then if this were true, then couldn't it also be possible that where we live, isn't round, but flat?

the question then doesn't make sense, as he's asking about the thing that we appear to live on, in this reality - which we all know is round. If we're all plugged in, then none of us know the make up of the place where we actually are.

so therefore - the answer is yes. The earth is round, not flat.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
If you even think the Earth might be flat, you need to read this debunkingflatearth.blogspot.com...

If you still need help after that, there are plenty of members here capable of helping you.

This video also definitively shuts down flat earth "theory":

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

just IMHO - but the one flight that should be used as the flat earth killer is :

johanasberg > perth

one scheduled flight / day

the flight time kills the flat earth claim stone dead

the only " defence " that a particular y-tube chanel gave was : " it probally doesnt exist "

yup - thats was its response - to claim a scheduled airline service is fictional

edit on 9-3-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

They could solve the Johannesburg-Perth problem with a bowl shaped Earth, cuts the distance massively, but then a bowl shaped Earth doesn't have the same ring to it really.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

dear sir // madame :

please select a bowl from your kitchen and set in before you

has the absurdity of a concave earth sunk in yet ?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrastneyJPR
If we're all plugged in, then none of us know the make up of the place where we actually are.

True perception

To add, from the perspective of those observing with the amount of data we have about the plugged in zone, there is enough data to prove this is at least planetoid sphere even if projection / manifestation...

Could we be within a universe sitting on a silicone flat disc - or sphere projecting us onto-into some visual comprehend able region medium as inhabitants on a spherical planet within some ethereal setting? Processing... For the Actual universal maps have not been obtained - decoded or shared. Yet.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Well, if being preposterous is no limit on ideas, why not a bowl shaped Earth?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Troll trapped
got ya all

Thanks for investing a 12 h discussion on this topic

call 808559 and win other surprises or for your turtle egg refills
edit on 9-3-2016 by Resourceful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I can look at the moon when it isn't full to understand this easy fact.

Unless the Flat-Earthers are convinced the moon is a hologram or some other trick.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I really don't know enough yet to make any full judgements, but I have realized something. And it too could be off base. However, I think the flat earth doesn't have as much to do with the earth. It has to do with our minds and how much were able to think outside the box. Which is sort of interesting. Because if we can start to think outside the box of what we've been taught we can start to unlock our human potential. Jesus healed many people and walked on water. And he told his disciples that they could do this and even more. Today most people would never believe this could be something they could do. Not even close. But perhaps that's not true. Perhaps we could do all that and more. It's all depicted in film, like in the Matrix. Neo is trying to see if he's the chosen one. If he has these special powers. But today we're so dumbed down in so many ways, so enslaved, so brainwashed, impoverished, etc etc that we never even get a glimpse of realizing one tiny fraction of our human potential. We can't access it, because we're brainwashed first off to not even be able to hardly think for ourselves. Most people don't even have the ability to make a living for themselves let alone do anything beyond that. And most people never think for themselves or are capable of creating one unique thought or creation of any sort. So what I'm driving at is that if we can't even question anything we've been taught then we simply can never think outside the box. Well always be trapped in this matrix of what we're taught reality is, what it looks like, how it works, and what our role is in it; which is for most pretty much meaningless as we can't wake ourselves up.

So what I'm just saying is that again the world itself, well who knows what it is. But if we're always believing everything we're taught by the establishment then we'll never think outside the box or the globe and likely never reach our highest potential.

Okay now I know that it's hard to put what I'm saying into proper words in such a short time. I'd like have to write and rewrite it all if I wanted to make it clearer, but this scene in the matrix actually describes what I'm saying very well.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join