It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious Shem, son of Noah

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Personally I would have used molecular scale 3d printers the genetic code stored as software, makes for a potential von neumanne planet seeding type probe, then again we would be recieving re-runs of cheesy sitcoms from other human occupied worlds by now.

And Sassanid,

Sorry if I flew off on a tangent with my thought's it is just the way my somewhat strange mind work's, that said I liked your idea but have to agree with Butterfinger, some biblical scholars see Melchizadek as actually Jesus himself though I do believe he was a real man and a high priest of the one God whom Abraham worshipped, his city Salem of course is also supposed to be the site of Jerusalem.
www.cgg.org...
Keachi's link is better.

It is an interesting idea though and of course Shem has other meaning's as you point out in ancient Hebrew but his importance is the ancestor of the Shemitic/Semitic nations.
This is a good page, does not clear anything up but does add some data.
www.freemaninstitute.com...
Also sorry if I went a little sci fi, I am actually a believer but my mind as I say goes off on tangent's, too much rubbish in it.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Personally I would have used molecular scale 3d printers the genetic code stored as software…

Thats what seeds are.
edit on 8-3-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

No problem, and I should have said so, but I am well aware of Christianity incorporating the priestly order of Melchizedek for Jesus but I don't agree that Melchizedek IS Jesus and I don't agree with Saul that Jesus is a priest. Jesus is THE Messiah. Aaron and Zadok were priests. Jesus is not a priest. Shem has always been Melchizedek in Jewish tradition so it's inappropriate to assume the Old Testament and it's Jewish traditions are no longer true, which is what Christianity does with Judaism. Takes what it agrees with and changes what it doesn't.

I wanted to discuss this topic as if the New Testament doesn't exists because it happens so long before Jesus that it's appropriate.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
HOW CAN I GET THE MODS TO MOVE THIS THREAD TO SPIRITUALITY SECTION?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: shinethelight
a reply to: Sassanid

www.biblegateway.com...

I don't know if Shem is the same as Melchizedek. Is there a verse for that?
It says that Melchizedik means king of Peace, resembles the Son of God, king of righteousness, and continues as a priest forever.

I don't believe Melchizedik is Shem. Please provide proof, or resources.

I know Melchizedik is a threat to darkness.

Jewish tradition is that Shem is Melchizedek. You want proof, are you joking? Yeah let me summon Metatron or Gabriel and I will send one of them to your house with the "proof." Unbelievable.

Here are my references: The Jewish people and their tradition. Go do some research you lazy ass.

This thread is about Shem/Melchizedek and not "What you believe." I didn't make it for you. I made it for Shem/Melchizedek and for learned people to discuss a fascinating topic. I can't learn Judaism FOR you, if you have an interest READ A BOOK. They have books online now. Oh, and this neat thing called Google where you can type in words and find information on topics of interest.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Something I never understood. If Noah's family were the only survivors, we're all products of incest.

Or there was another Ark.

Or there was never a global flood that wiped out all of mankind save for Noah's family.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Do you have anything to add to the topic, I respect free speech and all that, but the topic is Shem. I only mentioned the flood because Abraham is 7 or 8 people from Shem ancestrally, so Shem must have been really old if he was Melchizedeck at the meeting of the two.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Ultimately, I agree. The Noah story is a translation from the Torah, heavily bent by people who had no clue about the wider Universe or Microverse.

I premise from the same sorts of human activity to spread seed and raise livestock we see here on earth. Considering DNA storage and seed banks going on nowadays it only follows that other life from other parts of the Universe would behave the same way if they roamed about the Cosmos, terraforming, starting gardens and raising livestock.

Intergalactic Johnnny Appleseed, in Arks, making Edens, forever.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The premise of this thread is: Is Shem somehow divine being that his name can mean god and that he is Melchizedek 7 generations after the flood, still alive. That's what Jews believe, so the entire Semitic people, of which Jews are actually a minority, are ancestrally divine.

Interesting stuff, can we discuss this?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I am contributing--just because it's not directed at you or the principal topic doesn't meant that I'm not contributing.

But, here, I'll address your "Shem must have been really old" comment:

Genesis 11:10 records that Shem was 100 years old at the birth of Arphaxad, two years after the flood; and that he lived for another 500 years after this, making his age at death 600 years.

Wiki

There, on topic to your comment about me being off-topic. Does that work?

Intrptr saw fit to continue the discourse with me, so I wouldn't say that it was a subtraction to the thread, nor off-topic, because when you bring up the lineage of Noah, there are a lot of useful tangents that can come from that, to include whether or not the global deluge even happened.

Best regards.

ETA: Don't be that person--don't helicopter-parent your thread and tell everyone to stay on topic or to discuss only what you want discussed. If you're really that concerned about us derailing your thread, bring it up to a mod and have them delete our comments as being off-topic. But we don't need some internet nanny telling us what we can and cannot do. I find it odd that you premise your comment to me verifying your approval of free speech before telling me to only discuss that which you deem appropriate for the thread.
edit on 9-3-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Yeah that's fine, I am not too worried I just like this thread

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

We did discuss it. No harm no foul. To each their own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join