It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama to skip Nancy Reagan's funeral to speak at South by Southwest...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

It is not about whether or not he should, it is about the respect of the office that you hold. It is a special group. They may not agree with each other but it is a group that not too many can say they are a part of. The fact that he will be speaking at the South by Southwest festival instead of attending is ridiculous.

Respect. it is something that is missing from the country today and this shows it again in droves. Would he not expect the same years from now when his wife passes?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Did you really expect anything different?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Can't complain about Trump for not being nice and breaking the fake moral codes of Washington DC now is there?

He is most likely driving that dividing wedge home with this action, more so than just not having any class!

Pay attention to Cleveland, OH and how they are preparing for the RNC shindig! I thinks things are going to go down in Cleveland!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Maybe he'll have a seance in her honor after hours.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I don't believe Obama has respect. He's simply done things he disliked to accommodate others and continue to receive respect from others. At this point, what difference does it make? Why continue a charade? It serves no purpose and I'm glad so many others will see his true colors now that he's a lame duck and doesn't give a feck what people think. He's a short timer biding his time until he can grandly wave adieu to the position he seemed so often to disrespect.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Oh c'mon it is not like she was President, she was just telling Ronnie what to say to fill the void that was his mind.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
What a joke Obama is...
No class at all...
I can't believe how he smiles and speaks so highly of himself while robbing you guys and all but destroying your country...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that Mrs. Reagan would have wanted it this way.

Be honest.

Would anyone really want President Obama (or Michael) at their funeral?

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You know what's really classy? Turning funerary attendance into political talking points.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Obama derangement syndrome

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
He's a vindictive bag of #. This is no surprise. Most people in Washington are human filth but you can at least fake it as president. I don't know how he gets a pass on Scalia and now this. It's not about agreeing with them it's about your position and respect.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So since I feel the sitting POTUS should attend the funeral of a former first lady I have no class? Everyone can have an opinion I guess.

He attended Nelson Mandelas funeral...He was there for Senator Daniel Inouye funeral. He was there for Dorothy Height’s funeral. Not to say they are not any less and surely not to say he must attend every funeral but sorry, this is just tasteless.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
You know what's really classy? Turning funerary attendance into political talking points.

Or it could be because it's a completely political statement. You think he can't find time for a supreme court judge he agrees withs funeral? Or if this was a different former first lady.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
He's sending Michelle in his place. I guess he thinks that's good enough. Can't wait till these two are out of the White House.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
He should, if at all possible, attend. Or, at the very least, ask if he's welcome.

The presidential club is a very exclusive one, and rather a small one at the moment...

Carter. Bush. Clinton. Bush. Obama. That's it. Only four other guys know the pressures of the office. The least he can do is show some respect for the spouse of a previous President by attending. MHO.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

2011 - Betty Ford's funeral was attended by Michele Obama, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Reagan and Bush 43. The President (Obama) was not in attendance.

2007 - Lady Bird Johnson's funeral was attended by Bill and Hillary Clinton, Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter, Barbara Bush, Nancy Reagan and Laura Bush. The President (Bush 43) was not in attendance.

1994 - Jackie Kennedy Onassis's funeral was attended by Bill (the President) and Hillary Clinton and Lady Bird Johnson.

1993 - Pat Nixon's funeral was attended by Ronald Reagan (but not Nancy) and Gerald Ford. Neither Bill (the President) nor Hillary Clinton attended nor did Bush 41 or Barbara Bush.

1982 - Bess Truman's funeral was attended by Nancy Reagan, Rosalynn Carter and Betty Ford. No former Presidents attended the services nor did then President, Ronald Reagan.

Alright folks. We have the 5 most recent funerals of former first ladies and only one of them was attended by the then President — Jackie O's by Bill Clinton. Reagan didn't attend Bess Truman's funeral, Bush 43 didn't attend Lady Bird Johnson's funeral and Clinton didn't attend Pat Nixon's funeral.

Clearly the condemnation for Obama for not attending is based entirely on ignorance.

edit on 2016-3-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

He just skipped a supreme court justices funeral. Explain that one to me and how it wasn't politically motivated and he's also skipping this for SBSW a prolonged hipster festival he could speak at another day, not an important state function.

edit on 8-3-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

2011 - Betty Ford's funeral was attended by Michele Obama, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Reagan and Bush 43. The President (Obama) was not in attendance.

2007 - Lady Bird Johnson's funeral was attended by Bill and Hillary Clinton, Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter, Barbara Bush, Nancy Reagan and Laura Bush. The President (Bush 43) was not in attendance.

1994 - Jackie Kennedy Onassis's funeral was attended by Bill (the President) and Hillary Clinton and Lady Bird Johnson.

1993 - Pat Nixon's funeral was attended by Ronald Reagan (but not Nancy) and Gerald Ford. Neither Bill (the President) nor Hillary Clinton attended nor did Bush 41 or Barbara Bush.

1982 - Bess Truman's funeral was attended by Nancy Reagan, Rosalynn Carter and Betty Ford. No former Presidents attended the services nor did then President, Ronald Reagan.

Alright folks. We have the 5 most recent funerals of former first ladies and only one of them was attended by the then President — Jackie O's by Bill Clinton. Reagan didn't attend Bess Truman's funeral, Bush 43 didn't attend Lady Bird Johnson's funeral and Clinton didn't attend Pat Nixon's funeral.

Clearly the condemnation for Obama for not attending is based entirely on ignorance.

Interesting. Is there a link you could post?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

HUSSAR - finally a factual response - not a partisan one

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It is not about sitting POTUS only, it is about any living president. I think they should have been there. This is not partisan. Do you feel that he should not attend based on some others not attending or because you feel he should not?

Look at those that did attend...

edit on 03pm31pmf0000002016-03-08T16:29:07-06:000407 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 03pm31pmf0000002016-03-08T16:30:51-06:000451 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join