It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Orders Teachers To Report Students Who Question Government

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Informer1958

I wonder how many of those teachers will actually do it?

The beauty of the National Teacher's Union rears its head in DC...
This is how conflicts of interest work. We the People have allowed political quid-pro-quo to take root in our system. The unions have exchanged their votes to politicians who serve as Meal Tickets to the unions, pushing honeyed contracts, benefits, and guaranteed contracts. As the politicians have diversified their Kept Voter bases, they can start demanding more of the individual special interest blocs in exchange for the continuation of the Meal Ticket policies. In this case, the politicians can demand compliance with these types of policies.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Here ya go.

Not an order, persay...

But "guidelines"?

This is so counter to what we're supposed to be as a nation...as to render this country unrecognizable.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I made it out in time seeing how I was openly the most anti-American (government) person there. Not that they don't see what I say anyways through the phone or texts. But really, who cares?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Oh FBI, you blooming idiots.

Ever since J. Edgar first donned his mothers knickers the Bureau has had this penchant for trying to prevent crime, rather than addressing crime.

Never mind that people should be free to make their mistakes before Big Brother puts a boot on their neck.

link   
I read this bit, did anybody else read this bit?

The FBI does not advocate the application of any psychological or demographic “profiles” or
check lists of indicators to identify students on a pathway to radicalization. Rather, the FBI
endorses taking a holistic approach in considering the totality of concerning behaviors in the
appropriate context, assessing the likelihood an individual is progressing on a trajectory to
radicalization and/or future violent action in furtherance of an extremist cause.

It seems relevant to the issue.

FBI document in question

The above document is a pdf file. Take note those with restrictive data plans.
edit on 8-3-2016 by Jonjonj because: added document

link   
My Govt. literally keeps me in a state of "shaking my own head" that if i was a toddler, I'd have "shaken baby syndrome" by now, i swear.... They honestly show they don't care about our rights. They don't care about our freedoms. They care about the agenda at hand. That's all... Our security??? lol... yea...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It’s the FBI’s primary responsibility—working with its many partners—to protect the nation from attacks by violent extremists. One important way to do that is to keep young people—the future of our country—from embracing violent extremist ideologies in the first place.

I think schools have bigger issues than what 'extremist's' are saying.

Like one of them getting ratted out, and come back and pulling a 'Columbine'.

I really don't think the FBI thought this out.

Free speech ?

What FREE speech.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

FBI Orders Teachers To Report Students Who Question Government

Can you link me to this order?...Can't find it...Not in your link..

And nothing personal...but if you are going to say something in your OP headline, it helps when you actually provide a direct link to it..

All the information you're complaining about was provide by clicking on

Guidelines which was linked into the article.

Which sends you too............drum roll please? Preventing Violent Extremism in Schools January 2016

Guess you were a little hasty for jumping the gun?

Read that garbage and pretend it doesn't bother you just a bit!
edit on 8-3-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Maybe so, but I can not for the life of me, picture any of my teachers in high school, or middle, even elementary, doing anything like this.

I can not envision my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Anderson, who sadly passed a few years ago...ever doing anything like this under any implied threat. She didn't have any children of her own, we were her children, even after we left her classroom...just shortly before her death I ran across her, and she recognized me instantly, as I did her, after two decades and how many hundreds of students? She'd have died before betraying the trust.

Now some of my college profs? A little more suspicious of them... The job was just a job for most of them, my school teachers it was a calling.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

There's that, too.

This is wrong on so many levels, not least of which is the "payback" scenario.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I'd reserve the right to disagree with you, but I'd die (preferably only metaphorically) to allow you the right to speak your mind.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
That's fine. Everyone has had their own lives and we base things off what we personally see. Metaphorically?
I thought we were all brothers and sisters here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

What better way in saving costs and training - widen the unpaid informant taxpayer funded Teacher army.
I guess its only a matter of time before AUSTRALIA goes down the same path...

We cant have people who question the "narrative" as portraid by our Benevolent Masters

Yeah right...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I'd rather live to protect someone else afterwards, y'know?

Didn't mean to imply I wouldn't do everything within my powers to do what I could to protect not only your rights, but you.

As is Occupied Europe when people hid the "undesirables", so too would I do should the worst come to pass. Never meant to imply otherwise.

In every sense of the phrase, I am my brother/sister's keeper/protector.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Here ya go.

Not an order, persay...

But "guidelines"?

This is so counter to what we're supposed to be as a nation...as to render this country unrecognizable.

Incorrect...I did in fact find it myself after much clicking through a tonnage of BS...

And what it is ...is the precise opposite of what is being claimed....

The FBI guidelines strongly and repeatedly recommend intervention by teachers, counselors and the school and say to only contact the FBI when those efforts thoroughly fail and there is a continued indication of violent intent.

Intervention
Intervention is not a new concept for schools who are already engaged in secondary and tertiary forms of prevention to address behavioral issues. Many schools already possess Crisis Response Teams or Behavioral Assessment and Care Teams in place to develop intervention strategies for students in need of support.

Existing teams can expand their scope to include violent extremism-specific concerning behavior.

Intervention strategies that address violent extremism-specific concerning behavior should involve those who can most appropriately respond to the student’s perceived grievance. The response should leverage the strengths of governments, community organizations, social service agencies, and other professionals to provide what is commonly referred to as an “Off-Ramp”.

The school formulates an intervention plan in conjunction with the community and non-law enforcement entities on the federal or state level.

The plan is tailored to the student, allowing the best community resource to address the underlying issues resulting in violent extremist beliefs. The plan or “Off Ramp” may involve mental health evaluations, social services, job skills counseling, housing support, religious education, or substance abuse counseling.

info.publicintelligence.net...

I mean seriously...It is pages and pages of "Don't call us unless it looks like someone is going to get killed and you are failing to talk sense to the kid"..

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I kid and I would do the same of course. I tend to be rather sympathetic to people even without reason, though not to the point to be taken advantage of.

Ah, but do you really think something of that sort would truly happen again?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

In every sense of the phrase, I am my brother/sister's keeper/protector.

That's too leftist for my taste.

Be a protector of that GD piece of paper same end.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
There's a school board meeting next week here...

I think, during the public session, I'm going to bring this up. I'm curious to see the reactions, and hear how different the statements will be.

Our local school board is largely, actually exclusively, from the "good" side of town. The establishment, if you will.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

That's another way of looking at it. However, it opens the door to be abused, specially if the teacher is biased on certain political beliefs and cultures.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join