It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are US members not crying "Freedom!" for the UK/EU vote like they did for Scotland?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

The world's smallest violin?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Either that or a boogie.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Yeah I wasn't sure what that was supposed to imply either...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Now you have gone Radio Gaga, he's been in heaven quite a few years.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Yeah I wasn't sure what that was supposed to imply either...

It plays in the background to the Boo-Hoo Chorus.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Either that or a boogie.

Like... Jungle Boogie?

link   

Hopefully the 'remain' crowd will be saying boo-hoo in June...

link   
a reply to: grainofsand

It implied money... it's all about money.

But I made a funny by pretending I thought it was the world's smallest violin.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Tradition, millions of britains, poor english among them but notibly Scot's whom suffered the illegal land clearances and land theft's by the ruling class of Scotland who blamed the English for it (Because queen victoria had made grouse shooting popular) and also before this the earlier clearances of the highland community's after the jacobite revolution failed.

Welsh whom suffered centurys as second class and had there language, culture and tradition's oppressed and of course Irish all made there homes in the US, Boston for instance though founded by English settlers and named after Boston in England is home to a very strong Irish community and of course they remember what the RICH english did to them but only that it was the ENGLISH and not the RICH ENGLISH TORY'S (Actually these atrocity's were all commited under primarily TORY governments well before they renamed themselves Conservatives).

Of course the Yanks also forget that most English were the Scot's, Irish and Welsh whom were too poor to leave so ended up settling in the primarily Engish ports of the country like for example Liverpool, Newcastle, London which has always been multi national as a city and to a lesser degree even portsmouth.

The Yank's have a love hate affair with there little old mother and to be fair there little old mother has acted a little schizophrenic over the century's, burning the white house down etc.

But I say blame it all on king George, you can't go wrong blaming an inbred fat guy.

edit on 8-3-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

link   

I thought booger from the nose and playing with it in his fingers?

link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I thought booger from the nose and playing with it in his fingers?

What you mean... Pick it, lick it, roll it and flick it?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
As for the Scots wanting to remain in the E.U, but independent from the U.K, well I will never understand that.

Nobody i know in Scotland understands it either except Nicola sturgeon face

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Like... Jungle Boogie?

Yeah, but with more flavor.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
I think the chunnel was dug to the wrong country. It should have gone to Holland. But to go to France, my god they haven't gotten over Agincourt let alone Waterloo. They seriously hate us with a vengeance.
Personally I would solve the problem tomorrow, just blow a hole half way through and let the channel do the work.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Do you guys actually say Boogie? For bogey...?
I know you have the boogeyman and we say bogeyman.

Hmmmm

Interesting.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I say bogeyman...and I think that is a good descriptive term for Nicola Sturgeon in relation to the UK

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I am all for it. The EU is just aweful. I would LOVE for each country to be free again. My ancestral home would be awesome again.

I hate seeing the UK suffering as it is also. Our cousins overseas need to be rid of that mess.

EUROSKEPTICS UNITE!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Nice one fella...FREEDOM!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: nonspecific
I think the chunnel was dug to the wrong country. It should have gone to Holland. But to go to France, my god they haven't gotten over Agincourt let alone Waterloo. They seriously hate us with a vengeance.
Personally I would solve the problem tomorrow, just blow a hole half way through and let the channel do the work.

They also don't and won't forgive us for not taking more of there soldiers at dunkirk, we took as many as we could but only had limited small boats which were doing there very best to ferry our own soldiers home and they do not and never will forgive us for sinking there fleet which was moored in there north african territory's, we blocked them in the port and asked them to surrender as they were under VICHI control, they refused and left us with no choice as if we had not the Germans would have taken the best of the french fleet and remanned it with german sailors, this along with the German fleet would have given Hitler the edge he needed to overcome the Royal navy and we would have lost the war but the french do not see it that way at all.

So they are going to open there border's and let the Refugee's flood across, if we go independant as we really should be anyway then the French would be breaking international law, if they refused to take them back then the EU would have to like it or not as we would be under no obligation to accept any more refugee's from them and that would fall back on the French anyway.

I mean god help the poor genuine refugee's but the economic migrant's can go sling there hook as far as I am concerned, they want what we have built up, they want it for themselves and to islamify our nations and I know that sound's racist but it is the God's honest truth, we should look after our own first and foremost not put our kid's onto the street's to sleep in wheely bins (British trash can's like mini dumpsters) while housing these economic migrants to fill our euro quoter, the referendum is the only reason that Cameron even got any vote's not because people like the Tory's, most HATE them but because he offered a referendum on European membership and we DO NOT WANT TO BE IN A EUROPEAN SUPERSTATE, if we remained autonomouse we would not mind being closer to the US but not as it is now, as it was a couple of decades ago and to the Nordic country's likewise as they were a couple of decades ago but not Turkey and not Eastern or southern Europe.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

My gut feeling is we will vote out

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join