It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eagles co-founder Randy Meisner's wife dies in accidental shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well, here is a saddening story that may very well become a conspiracy. I have had to move man rifles in my day along with many other weapons. I am not doubting the original story; just questioning this right now.

There really isnt alot more than the article states... I am sure some of our 'diggers' could find more out about this tragedy. It just smells fishy to me...

Lana Ray Meisner, the wife of Eagles co-founder Randy Meisner, died Sunday when a rifle accidentally discharged while being moved, the Los Angeles Police Department said.

North Hollywood officers responded to a call of a shooting at 7 p.m., the department said in a statement. They found Lana Meisner with a single gunshot wound.

She was pronounced dead at the scene by L.A. Fire Department personnel.

Lana Meisner was killed when she moved a rifle stored in a case in a closet, the statement said.

"As she lifted the rifle in the case, another item within the case shifted and hit the trigger of the rifle causing it to fire and fatally injure Mrs. Meisner," the statement said.

. L I N K

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

That's pretty strange indeed.

Who puts away a loaded rifle in a case?
edit on 8-3-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Only a whacky conspiracy theorist would think there is anything more to this.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...
Police said they had been at the home earlier on Sunday and taken a domestic violence incident report. Meisner had called 911 an hour and a half before she was shot to report domestic violence at the house. She claimed her husband was waiving a BB gun and "acting erratically." .....
The musician, who founded the Eagles, was taken to hospital in the early hours of Monday morning, after "acting in an altered state", according to TMZ. ....
Meisner was placed under court-ordered 24-hour supervision in January 2015, when he allegedly threatened murder-suicide with an AK-47 and pills, according to a New York Daily News report.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Heard about this on the local news last night, and noticed an interesting bit that is missing from your link.

"The LAPD revealed police had been to the Meisner residence earlier in the day, at 5:30 p.m., and they took a domestic violence incident report and left."

www.foxnews.com...

What are the odds???

I know my ears perked up when I heard about the earlier domestic incident, then within hours an "accidental" discharge.

edit on 8-3-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Me thinks it smells like skunk bait now.....

GOOD FINDS ALL!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Also, from my above link, for anyone that may not click it.

"The musician was in court in July 2015 after he allegedly threatened a murder-suicide with an AK-47, according to Rolling Stone."

This......doesn't look good.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I wonder if ol' Randy has been hitting the peyote again.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Glen Frey just died a few weeks ago. Maybe Randy isn't handling that too well and is self-medicating. This is sad and weird.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A neighbor heard Randy yell “one of these nights!” and knew there was going to be another heartache tonight. Randy complained that his wife--the one he met standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona--was a witchy woman with lyin' eyes. He mocked her as a bubble-headed bleached blonde, obviously she did not get the best of his love. The paramedics tried to revive her but she was already gone; their love couldn’t keep her alive. Meisner was a certain kind of fool to be guilty of the crime, in the long run she was probably just a victim of love. Lana thought she could check out any time she liked, but didn't know that she couldn’t leave.

When Meissner was questioned by the police, all he said is “I can’t tell you why.” Randy's alibi was that he was driving down the road at the time, trying to loosen his load, a world of trouble on his mind. So now he's a desperado. He should have taken it easy, and tried to achieve that peaceful easy feeling. Instead he took it to the limit. But that's life in the fast lane. It's what happens when you let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy.

But I didn't kick Meissner when he was up, and I'm not going to kick him when he's down. I'm not going to give you any dirty laundry.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Well you got a star from me too!

At first I thought it was rude to make fun of her death, but then I very quickly realized how cleverly it's written. Really well done.
So...just thought you should know.

jacy

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
A neighbor heard Randy yell “one of these nights!” and knew there was going to be another heartache tonight. Randy complained that his wife--the one he met standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona--was a witchy woman with lyin' eyes. He mocked her as a bubble-headed bleached blonde, obviously she did not get the best of his love. The paramedics tried to revive her but she was already gone; their love couldn’t keep her alive. Meisner was a certain kind of fool to be guilty of the crime, in the long run she was probably just a victim of love. Lana thought she could check out any time she liked, but didn't know that she couldn’t leave.

When Meissner was questioned by the police, all he said is “I can’t tell you why.” Randy's alibi was that he was driving down the road at the time, trying to loosen his load, a world of trouble on his mind. So now he's a desperado. He should have taken it easy, and tried to achieve that peaceful easy feeling. Instead he took it to the limit. But that's life in the fast lane. It's what happens when you let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy.

But I didn't kick Meissner when he was up, and I'm not going to kick him when he's down. I'm not going to give you any dirty laundry.

This made me crack up. You have way too much time on your hands. Well done sir, well done.

top topics

join