It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are "christians" so in fear of their religion being "chipped away"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

You're apparently more worried about this non-existant worry that doesn't exist...than Christians.

We are quite secure. Perhaps you should change the channel or at least stop answering the door and accepting the Watchtower.

Seriously..we're good thanks. You however...appear quite the opposite for reasons unclear. Thats OK though...

God Bless!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Maybe YOU are, but not the "Christian" that does not believe gays deserve the same rights as them, not the "Christian" that thinks their Christian rights are being chipped away.

I don't think you understood my OP

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: butcherguy

They are NOT typical people, I hope the typical person is not so mis-guided and hateful.

They were annoying and now they are hateful again.
They are typical.
You don't have to be 'Christian' to be a homophobe or racist.
In fact, it is quite the opposite.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Well I can understand your position, I tend to agree in that context

Just didn't get that from the op

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I don't group homophones and Christians together at all actually

I like to think the typical person is smart, kind and a good addition to society.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I was just hoping to figure out why Christians are so worried that their faith is being chipped away, the burning of churches, persecution of Christians or stealing of bibles or a law that forbids praying in your own home justify as reasons to be worried, but I don't see anything like that happening in the US.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Just search country's Christianity is banned
Also have a look what's happening in the ME

Also there is a biblical teaching that Christians will be persecuted in the final days

Now do you think the US is a better country as Christian values are eroded
Granted, equality is important, many other things are being eroded, good things, simple family values
Just stop and look,around

The world is not the US

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

YES! I think the US is a better place if "Christian values" are not pushed on people.

YES of course!

NOn-christians are NOT bad people and Christianity is NOT the only religion.

NO ONE is banned from practicing Christianity so to say "Christians are being banned..." is ludicrous.

edit on 8-3-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
OP, all of your statements make me wonder if you have done something very wrong and you are wanting to blame the "Christians" which in a way is the same scenario as blaming "the white people" as a whole. The answer you seek is within yourself not the whole christian faith which has many different sects. You should start first by cleaning off your own doorstep before you start throwing stones at others about something you clearly do not understand.

This is not intended to sound hateful but as a way to answer a question that is bothering you. I think this is something that you should pursue without someone telling you what to think.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

So what Christian values do you have issues wit if I can ask

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

nope, I did nothing wrong and Im not blaming them for anything I did, Im just super annoyed by the fake "Christians" hiding behind the bible and I wanted to make a thread of it

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

lol, I think Christian Values are GREAT! I just do not like how some people call them selves "Christians", yet have very little Christians values.

To me, they are not Christians at all. There are many of them out there and Im calling out their bullsh!t

(I put a quotation mark around "Christian values" in my earlier thread bc the fake "Christians" make up their own "values" , but yes, the real Christian Values are wonderful)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Fake Christian "values":
gays cannot marry, gays cannot adopt, gays are not allowed in church, all marriage must be between a man and a woman, you are going to hell if you don't believe in GOD,...etc...see where im going? each "value" is justified bc it is interpreted by the bigot to be in the bible...which it is not.

Sorry, I assumed people knew the difference, but I guess if people knew, then they would change for the better, so I can see how bigoted values and real Christian values can be confused at times.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Clearly you believe religion (or Christianity only) should be allowed in public schools, pushed onto children?

Clearly you are mistaken. I'm an atheist. Religion has no place in publicly funded institutions.

You believe Christianity is the one and only? and if someone decides not to believe then they are threatening you and your family?

Actually, I believe deities and religions are social constructs.

A gay individual does not deserve the same rights as you?

Yes they do, but what does this have to do with the topic of your thread, which is why Christians feel threatened. I based my post on your questions, not on whether their fears were valid. If you had actually read my post, word for word, you would have quickly realized I wasn't a Christian. Just because I can see why they might feel threatened, doesn't mean I agree with their beliefs, or their reasons.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Sorry I was wrong about you, perhaps you did not understand my posts. Information gets lost in texts and messagboards.

Sorry I skimmed thru your posts but also sorry I was so wrong about you being a bigoted Christian.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

to try answer your question in "my perspective", is that we should not judge (as you mentioned but you are doing the same thing) on issues that we do not agree with. It is not for one to judge another but you do not have to abandon your beliefs either.

Example Only: " One does not have to believe or participate in a Gay marriage but one can still love the individual without being unfaithful to their belief. One should not be forced to bake a cake or perform the wedding ceremony because that would be against one's belief but one should also not show judgmental towards the couple of whom they disagree with as the same with the couple should not show judgmental actions toward the beliefs of another."

Our actions are our own. If one's religion does not allow the participation then it should not bother one to find another sect that does allow participation.

To clarify and to get better answers to the questions you seek you will have to point out the Christian sec that you disagree with. Your question as to a Christian as a whole is to broad to even begin to answer your question. Once you narrow down the Christian sec than you should research their beliefs. My findings on a lot of issues is that it is the individuals beliefs and not that of the christian faith. Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

"Lets see. Gay marriage, Religion being challenged and removed from public institutions, government slowly beginning to take notice of 501C3 abuses, Anti-theist organizations actively battling against the long time privileged Christian class in this country, and its excesses. The list could go on. Obviously they feel threatened."

Im so sorry, were you listing these reasons to be threatened as valid reasons? Bc I read it as if you were, that is why I mistook you as a bigot.

"Tell that to the Quakers who suffered under the Puritan theocracy in this country. Tell that to the Muslims murdered because they didn't agree with a different sect of Muslims. Tell that to the witches who were hanged in Salem............... "

see, these are valid reasons to feel threatened, this is not happening in the US

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

Hiding behind the bible bc of your own interpretations of it does not make it OK in all of society, the govt, not even in the eyes of your own GOD.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Im so sorry, were you listing these reasons to be threatened as valid reasons? Bc I read it as if you were, that is why I mistook you as a bigot.

No. As I said in my last post...

Just because I can see why they might feel threatened, doesn't mean I agree with their beliefs, or their reasons.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

yes!, I know why they feel threatened as well, and its SAD! Its an unbelievably miserable way to live life. If you truly have faith, you CANNOT go backwards and NOBODY can take it away from you (not even if they burn you at the stake for it).

Those who feel like the gov't is chipping away at their religion clearly have not reached it yet, and become bigoted and unbearable to be around.

To think you are always right and everyone else is wrong is miserable, but to question your own beliefs in order to gain insight and become stronger is wonderful. ONce you are there, kindness fills your soul and most/hopefully with time all, judgments dissipate and you want whats best for everyone.

Just my own story sort of, I was on the other side and I never want to go back. I think that is why I can spot "them" so easily, bc I used to be one of them
I have no tolerance for who I used to be and no tolerance for "them".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join