It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Clancy's 'The Division' Launches Tonight!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I was skeptical at first after I found out everything's a big bullet sponge, but I gave the open beta a try and was still kind of iffy for the first half hour or so, but then it really opened up and the mechanics improved. I ended up maxing out the beta in both the campaign and darkzone areas and preordered the gold edition.

I'm really hyped for this, the map is pretty much a 1:1 of the entirety of Manhattan (6 times the size of the beta, including Darkzone). I like the leveling system a lot and the content and customization is really deep, with all the options I don't imagine they'll be anyone rollin with the same loadout. I think they balanced the campaign and pvp perfectly. Get burnt out of one and you can just go to the other. I know you can only go into the darkzone with a group of 4, but since the PS4 chat allows 8 in a party, we've figured out how to roll in there with two squads, it's gonna be wild.

The game launches at midnight and I I've got two video conferences to present for work first thing in morning... redeyed, twitching and wired on 4 pots of coffee, at least that's what it's lookin like.

Anybody else getting The Division?

edit on 7-3-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

I'm most likely gonna grab it. I was debating between that and The Witcher 3.

I've been playing the hell outta Fallout 4 and could use the change of pace

This game looks incredible though. Ubisoft doesn't disappoint me often

S & F

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I loved the alpha and the beta. Cant wait for the full game. The alpha was just running around in the streets fighting in random encounters. The beta gave us what the alpha had but better graphics and let us try the first mission....and left me wanting more!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Just over a hour to go, I have it pre loaded on my ps4 and I have a good stack of beers,don't plan on sleeping much tonight

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I really can't decide if I want to get this or not. I just lifted my wrangler last week so I'm pretty broke at the moment!

The pvp looks interesting but I don't know if the game would be able to hold my attention. The customization does look pretty deep though, I may end up getting it.

Can you play the main campaign multiplayer or only dark zone?

We may have to start exchanging PSN IDs peeps.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Rainbow Six Siege is the best game by far in my opinion. For that matter...if anyone plays on the PS4....destroyer7415. I did not pick that name
and PM/comment your PSN names

edit on 7-3-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Damn it, now I gotta pick this up too...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well after reading these articles I broke down & preordered it.

www.tentonhammer.com...
www.tentonhammer.com...
www.tentonhammer.com...

Need something to hold me over until dark souls 3 comes out anyways.

PSN: CRGesus

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Esoterotica

Yep, the main campaign is co-op.

Tiamat384...

I really got into R6 Siege, got to about lvl 55 and then it all kind of got boring, they should release some more unique maps, that yacht was only cool for about minute, but what they really need is more game modes.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Im about that level right niw and I have to say I disagree. It is the most addicting game for me though I only play every other weekend since other times im not around. If you want a game lacking content get Battlefront.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Shhh let's not even talk about the utter failure that is battlefront.

The customization that Division seems to have is what I was wanting in Star Wars. With the standard set by modern FPS games it's baffling that BF got away with having as little customization as it did.

Does R6 Siege have multiplayer or is it purely a single player campaign experience? I saw it at GameStop also for $60. Interesting that two Tom Clancy games would be released so near to each other.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica
It is purely multiplayer. 5v5 teams, no respawns with all guns having one shot kills to the head. There is terrorist hunt which can be done solo, but most people do the versus. Very fun playing with a mic.

And yes, Battlefront is essentially a show of how much developers think they can get away with.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Yeah R6 is very authentic, at least compared to the other multiplayer shooters. That's what I really liked about it. It's a great game but again it just got a little repetitive in my opinion. If they had somekind of relevant lvling system and player created characters I think it would've been a lot better. Kind of like battlefront, your lvl in R6 don't mean jack.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I've been watching it closely. Still debating. I don't want to fork over some stiff money on a title I feel stiffed by later on.

I figured I'd wait for some first impressions beyond the beta. I watched a lot of the YouTube beta stuff and saw lots of positives and some negatives that I was going to see if they got addressed and how. I also don't want to get caught in a play to win model with microtransaction gaming.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hey Rex, what's your PSN? 2 hours until playtime

Im CRGesus.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Shameful thread self promotion, but applicable

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well over the course of the year more maps will be introduced (3 that I've heard of) and more operators. In Battlefront level in major. In Siege it is nothing.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

I'll send you a friend request, but I'm already on the hook to tutor a lot of my buds through it tonight.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Hah no worries man, not like there's only this one night to play
It's all gonna be about mid-high level dark zone cooperation anyways.

You're the tutor elect just because you did the beta? Tell your friends to grow a pair & learn it on their own while you power through & make them feel like noobz!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ubisoft has confirmed that there will be no 'pay to play' or microtransactions. Like I pointed out in the OP, I was in the same boat at first, even after I fired up the beta, but after the initial tutorial missions that basically just present the story, your free to go and do whatever, there's a main base that return to for managing/buying your weapons and gear and also to progress the different wings of the base through missions, e.g. medical, tech reserach & security.

The Darkzone (PVP) is like nothing i've played before and I think it's gonna blow a lot expectations out of the water. While in the Darkzone all players are 'neutral'... untill someone fires on another. The inital shooter (and squad members) are then labled as "Rouge" across the map for all to see. Big points and xp for taking down rouges, rouge status lasts 90secs (without firing) for the intial shooter, his squadmates get a 60sec count.

This is what makes PVP in this game; you can claim any hard earned gear, weapons, cash ect that any player who has been killed drops. The Darkzone is a 'contaminated' area, any item you pick up is then stored in a yellow biohazard cylinder which appears below your characters backpack. To claim and use that gear, it must be extracted by using a flare to signal a chopper, for all the world to see. You then have to wait around 2 mins or so for the chopper to arrive and deploy a cable so you can attach your container... all the while potential A-holes contemplate their odds of winning a gunfight with you and taking your gear.

Everyone, friend or foe, is working hard to gather and extract gear so the gunius of this, is that there is just as much insentive not to shoot ("go rouge") as there is to do so. The darkzone is sketchy as fk, you do not want to travel it alone.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm gonna build a medic. I love playing healers & it's cool that this game has a build for doing so. Maybe a sniper healer...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join