It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is exactly what is wrong with the GOP....(hopelessly outdated goals)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Are there 2 parties or really just one? Lessee.....
2000 Election, Al Gore concedes even though he knows he has a majority of the vote. For the sake of avoiding a "Constitutional Crisis" the Supreme Court intervenes and declares GW Bush the winner.
2004 Election - lots of irregularities, fraud, voter caging, changing polling stations in cities: Ohio votes were delivered to Bush through multiple voting frauds. Despite having plenty of evidence to demand a recount once again the Democratic "opponent" John Kerry sees no need and concedes the election to Bush.
2008 - Who were the Republicans running? Oh, McCain and Palin. How could I forget such charismatic candidates? Might as well put in Elmer Fudd. Obama sweeps the vote though still heavily manipulated through electronic voting machines.
2012 - Mittens Romney gets the GOP nomination even though Ron Paul consistently wins the majority of votes, declare a fake weather emergency at the GOP convention, then make the buses come hours late to pick up the Ron Paul delegates - too late to vote. Whoops!! Poor Ron, he was backstabbed every way imaginable by his own party because he was anti-establishment in too many ways (audit the Fed for instance). Romney, another candidate with zero personality to run against Obama.
There aren't 2 parties; it's just one and it belongs to the very, very rich,
edit on 8-3-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If the Republicans wanted to win something, they would drop all the social issues, let their opponents handle that in bill negotiations. And instead focus on fiscal issues.

The GOP's largest support, even now comes from people that want sane budgets and sane tax rates. They want citizens take care of, but they don't want to spend outrageously to do so.

Like you, I lost faith in the Dem's awhile ago... when Harry Reid voted soldiers to go into battle without armor or ammunition actually, so that he could politicize the death counts.

But, I also lost faith in the Republicans when they proved themselves utterly incompetent during the first half of Obama's first term, and they haven't gotten any better since.

Today the vocal wing of the party wants to destroy the government, install a theocracy, and legislate according to Christian morality. They're a far cry from what they used to be.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Edumakated

Trump is a prominent business man. So getting your photo taken with other prominent people makes you part of the establishment? I'm a nobody, but I've been photographed making small talk with a billionaire. I guess that makes me part of the establishment?

Sorry, you are reaching.

What? Taking a picture? That was from his wedding. The Clinton's were wedding guests at the Trump's wedding. You're making senseless excuses.

Bill Clinton is a former sitting President. I don't care what your politics are, most people would be honored to have the President of the United States at their wedding. A well known and prominent business man like Trump probably invited a who's who to the wedding just to stroke his ego. It does not make him part of the "establishment".

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Why are we no longer allowed to have differing personal opinions and beliefs on things once the Court has ruled on them? Do our brains stop where the state starts?

Not at all.

But, when each successive poll or vote on the subject only goes UP in the percentage points of those in favor of the way it currently stands, it's a bit ridiculous to consider it a live issue.

Do we still debate on whether or not the world is round? I guess in some circles, but as a society? No. Granted, a bit drastic as a comparison, so how about this instead....Do we still debate on whether women should vote? No, because it is a DEAD issue. The more you poll or vote on it, the MORE support it will have...so why bother. Diminishing returns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join