It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me, the internet and sandpaper

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: DAVID64

I'm 99% certain I've had conversations about things that have then appeared in the side bar.

Last night I was thinking about my new business and if it would be feasible to ship to mainland Europe, ATS homepage has an add from the government saying that exporting is good for business and good for the UK...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Regarding the cash orders they have some pretty sophisticated software to profile you and figure out what you are going to buy before you even know yourself.

Maybe they knew had bought the refrigerator and cross referenced other people who bout the same one and what accessories they bought?

Relevant accessory for icemaker = sandpaper
You typed THAT with a straight face?? REALLY???
(Gales of laughter)

Can honestly say that's gotta be one heck of a wonky algorithm the store is using!!

Hey! Congrats to you & Mrs.Nonspecific!!

edit on 7-3-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

originally posted by: nonspecific

Regarding the cash orders they have some pretty sophisticated software to profile you and figure out what you are going to buy before you even know yourself.

Maybe they knew had bought the refrigerator and cross referenced other people who bout the same one and what accessories they bought?

Relevant accessory for icemaker = sandpaper
You typed THAT with a straight face?? REALLY???
(Gales of laughter)

Can honestly say that's gotta be one heck of a wonky algorithm the store is using!!

No I meant they had ordered the refrigerator with a card and they knew this so putting up an add for an accessory for a product they had recently bought would make sense you donut.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It's MUCH funnier the way I read it....
Plus I'm still cleaning the tea off my keyboard. SHEESH!!!
(snickers)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Let's say I buy a gewgaw- a long-lasting, special one that I will only ever need one of.

Not something such as sandpaper that needs to be replaced every now and then.

Where is the logic in subjecting me to ads for more gewgaws?

I just bought one of the damn things. I don't, and will never, need any more.

Happens all the time...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: nonspecific

Ooh, I wonder if the ad-platform will start showing links for fast-track visa applications and such like now we've mentioned it here.

...curious about that car in a lock-up though, no decomposing body with a couple of bags of lime in the boot or something is there? Bit of a fail if you left your passport at the crime scene lol

ATS has got ads for holidays now, Hmmmmm....

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Why do I keep getting ads to marry Muslim women? I've shown no such inclination, yet keep getting them. By the way the two women in the ads look quite fit. Ooops, my wife just walked in as I was typing that. It's called a smack round the back of the head. Ow, ow, ow.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Lol, I got an advert for a sexually transmitted disease dating site the other day! I didn't even know it was a thing, but I guess it makes sense if one has an incurable condition.
...I've never searched about STD's though, perhaps google knows something I don't

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

YAYCKS how the hell ???

edit on 7-3-2016 by 7devilsinurheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Sorry Folks that it took so long to answer some of your posts. Real life took over today.

No, I knew what I wanted and just went and bought them.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I never, ever give that out. It's amazing how it seems to stun them. They ask, I tell them "No" and they stand there like robots waiting for that to compute.

"But the register requires an answer before I can proceed".

If they give me an answer like that, I just say "Ok, I guess I'll go buy it somewhere else". The register magically seems to work just fine after that.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

That's what gets me though. I paid cash for it, I never give my phone number, address or e mail and I don't give them a name. I'm starting to think those "security cameras" are not so much for security but facial recognition.

"David bought a refrigerator, send him more ads!!!"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join